World Congress Reformation

oh i see 3c over 3a , I didn't get that , then i'd say maybie if you liberate a coast line of city state with your fleet that is also explorating , you will liberate cities in areas where you don't plan to keep a military presence or if you don't want to have to deal with the AI worrying about your influence if you are not going toward diplo win you may be willing to pass on votes or ressources to keep a trade partner not jealous about your influence, i admit that is far fetch but sometimes you got to pull up some stuff to deal with those pesky AI

I forgot, City-States under an Open Door Policy cannot be bought out by Venice and military units cannot transit through them meaning you cannot conquer them with a melee unit unless you have a citadel right next to their land. This is a resolution meant to prevent this city-state from garnering votes and denying your enemies bonuses while eliminating the risk they'll be conquered at all.

Also, I'm not sure if people noticed but the Sphere of Influence penalty is a buff since you can bully the city-state at -60 influence while still allied hence the SoI.

Last edited:
I cant see promotion from Tempest Project
As I understand I must get it after my tank will attack someone. But my tank attack and no new promotion... I even spawn a new tank for test with IGE and attack - no promotion (

In my capital I read on Tempest Headquartes:
15% ability to withdraw ... - but why it is not displayed on my armored units?

So, I'm offering a proposal for the next WCR update(that has much more than this)

1) Sphere of Influence now permanent, not repealable. Lost upon conquest of the city-state or the sphere's owner.
2) Decolonization now repeals all Sphere of Influences.
3) Liberating/Puppeting a City-State now grants you the option of:
a) Installing a Sphere of Influence which is essentially permanent while also turning all your bonus influence into -40(still maintain allied status, but you become unable to pledge and you run the risk of Decolonization hitting you)
b) Installing an Open Door Policy no longer grants influence loss.
c) Installing a pro-nation government. You will receive a bonus depending on the city-state type along with bonus influence.
i. Cultured: +100% of your Culture.
ii. Maritime: +50*Population Food in the Capital.
iii. Mercantile: +1 Happiness.
iv. Militaristic: +2 Units in the Capital.
v. Religious: +50 Faith scaling upon Era and the City-State converts to your majority religion.
Any discussion again these changes?

I forgot, City-States under an Open Door Policy cannot be bought out by Venice and military units cannot transit through them meaning you cannot conquer them with a melee unit unless you have a citadel right next to their land. This is a resolution meant to prevent this city-state from garnering votes and denying your enemies bonuses while eliminating the risk they'll be conquered at all.

Also, I'm not sure if people noticed but the Sphere of Influence penalty is a buff since you can bully the city-state at -60 influence while still allied hence the SoI.

Not sure what is implied by 3a is it some sort of tribute/demand gimmick mode? And I assume the reputation will recover back to resting level on it's own in time right?
As for 3c are these one-time effects or are they meant to last a while?

As for the Open Door change, I'm not sure if banning military units is thematic with the concept of "open door" and it just sounds gamey. Although I do like the idea of it making them immune to buyout. I think there may be some mix up between the idea of being open-doors-neutral and being isolationist-neutral.

I cant see promotion from Tempest Project
As I understand I must get it after my tank will attack someone. But my tank attack and no new promotion... I even spawn a new tank for test with IGE and attack - no promotion (

In my capital I read on Tempest Headquartes:
15% ability to withdraw ... - but why it is not displayed on my armored units?
Good catch, I will fix that within today!

And can u say it is the trouble of Vox or a World Congress. I see AI with Robot, but there was no a resolution on robots. I think AI just upgrade their tank to robot, and not built it.
The same do I, there was a Spaceflight Regulators, I was not able to build JetFighters. So I just buy usual fighters and upgrade it. So where is a bug, in WorldCongressReinform or in Vox core system?

P.S.: To be honest, I never build jetfighters ) Cause I cant put them on carriers, so I always build fighters move them to carriers and upgrade them to jetfighters.

And can u say it is the trouble of Vox or a World Congress. I see AI with Robot, but there was no a resolution on robots. I think AI just upgrade their tank to robot, and not built it.
The same do I, there was a Spaceflight Regulators, I was not able to build JetFighters. So I just buy usual fighters and upgrade it. So where is a bug, in WorldCongressReinform or in Vox core system?

P.S.: To be honest, I never build jetfighters ) Cause I cant put them on carriers, so I always build fighters move them to carriers and upgrade them to jetfighters.
Yeah I fixed this issue in the next update... which if Gazebo makes a next update, I can add in the final proposal now..

Anyway, I'm pretty sure you can put jet fighters on carriers since you can do so in vanilla? Unless you mean stealth bombers.

General Changes
  • Each 40 Population now increases unhappiness by +1% not by +2%. (This nerfed wide empires too much!)
  • Fixed a bug where Spacefight Regulations, Project TEMPEST, and XCOM Initiatives could be circumvented by upgrading units to their XCOM, GDR, Stealth Bomber, and Jet Fighters counterpart.
  • Open Door Policy on a City-State prevents bullying(Mongolia can't force annex!)
  • Decolonization repeals all Sphere of Influence of the person as well as reducing influence of all non-allied city-states.
Future Changes
  • Sphere of Influence are now unrepealable (Broken until later VP version release).
  • Open Door Policy on a City-State now prevents Venice from buying the city-state(Broken until later VP version release).
Resolution Changes
  • The Cultural Revolution Reworked.
    • Minimum Contributor - 1 Free Social Policy.
    • Part Contributor - 1 Free Great Person of Choice.
    • Maximum Contributor - 1 Free Great Writer.
  • XCOM Initiative Reworked.
    • Minimum Contributor - 1 Free XCOM Squad. Ten units are maintenance-free.
    • Part Contributor - Ability to train XCOM Squads and upgrade Special Forces to XCOM Squads.
    • Maximum Contributor - XCOM Headquarters stationed in your Capital granting all combat units the ability to enter rival territories and granting your Capital defensive bonuses.
  • Project TEMPEST Reworked.
    • Minimum Contributor - 3 Turns of your current science.
    • Part Contributor - Ability to train Giant Death Robots and upgrade Modern Armor to Giant Death Robots.
    • Maximum Contributor - Project TEMPEST stationed in your Capital granting all armored units a +15% chance to withdraw from melee combat and grants your Capital a moderate defensive bonus.
  • International Monetary Fund Reworked.
    • Minimum Contributor - 5 Happiness
    • Part Contributor - 1 Free Great Merchant.
    • Maximum Contributor - International Monetary Fund stationed in your Capital receiving +2 Gold from all Corporate Offices and Franchises.

Wow! Start a new game immediately. Thanks for update, this is my favourite mod :king:

Looks like I found a small bug, when cities central tile stop producing food. Don't know exactly how to repeat it, but it is related to Maritime CS sphere of influence.
See such thing in my previous game for myself, and in current game looks like one AI has the same trouble.
Bug appears after short time when u liberate Maritime CS and install sphere of influence... after that cities central tiles produce 0 food.
If I will understand how to reproduce it, I will write more.

Looks like I found a small bug, when cities central tile stop producing food. Don't know exactly how to repeat it, but it is related to Maritime CS sphere of influence.
See such thing in my previous game for myself, and in current game looks like one AI has the same trouble.
Bug appears after short time when u liberate Maritime CS and install sphere of influence... after that cities central tiles produce 0 food.
If I will understand how to reproduce it, I will write more.
This shouldn't be happening since liberating a city-state usually offers you an allied status already. Sphere of Influence just sets the allied status. Nothing more nothing less.

This shouldn't be happening since liberating a city-state usually offers you an allied status already. Sphere of Influence just sets the allied status. Nothing more nothing less.
Maybe that related on negative ally score when u create Sphere of Influence?
Cause I don't use any other mods.

Maybe that related on negative ally score when u create Sphere of Influence?
Cause I don't use any other mods.
Still can't replicate it. Is it a UI-issue or an actual bug issue(does the disappear food still add onto the growth or does the food actually disappear overall)

The project that adds open borders ability to all units(xcom project maybe) - don't add that ability to submarines and carries as I remember from my last game.

@Enginseer,
I have a feeling that diplo victory is too soon with this mod. In my last game Siam had 17 votes from population alone (688 citiziens). Is it feasible to increase number of votes needed to win? Or to reduce votes from population? It's OP for big empires.
votes1.png votes2.png votes3.png

@Enginseer,
I have a feeling that diplo victory is too soon with this mod. In my last game Siam had 17 votes from population alone (688 citiziens). Is it feasible to increase number of votes needed to win? Or to reduce votes from population? It's OP for big empires.
View attachment 502387 View attachment 502388 View attachment 502389
I'm baffled at the number of that population in the Atomic Era. I'll scale the population number from 35 at Renaissance Era, 45 at Industrial Era, 55 at Modern Era, 65 at Atomic Era, and 75 at Information Era. That way the vote is reduced to 12 from population. Do you know whenever or not the World Hegemony Vote Counter goes up when a City-State gets "brought into life" by city revolutions?

I'm baffled at the number of that population in the Atomic Era. I'll scale the population number from 35 at Renaissance Era, 45 at Industrial Era, 55 at Modern Era, 65 at Atomic Era, and 75 at Information Era. That way the vote is reduced to 12 from population. Do you know whenever or not the World Hegemony Vote Counter goes up when a City-State gets "brought into life" by city revolutions?
World Hegemony Vote Counter - do you mean number of required votes to win? Sometimes it increased, and some CS were resurrected, but I don't know if it was caused by that.
Do you mean that the later the less votes you get from population? Then 668 / 65 = 10, how you got 12?

World Hegemony Vote Counter - do you mean number of required votes to win? Sometimes it increased, and some CS were resurrected, but I don't know if it was caused by that.
Do you mean that the later the less votes you get from population? Then 668 / 65 = 10, how you got 12?
Miscalculated 668 / 55 = 12. But yeah I thought so the World Hegemony counter went up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom