The Religions of Fanatika

The Mission seems so empty with the Community exiles returned home, but Brother Adam and his wife keeps the people focussed on their faith. The One enters with his disciples...

The One: Yesterday's service was very good Brother Adam. I especially liked how you preached forgiveness for those who act in hate and live to regret it.

Brother Adam: With the Reverend home in the Community, it is my responsibility to keep the people centred on the true path, master.

The One: And so you all do. (pauses) I come here to tell you that we must leave now. My ministry will not wait and I feel that there is one more Fanatikan to be called to be my disciple.

James: We are leaving master? So soon?

The One: Yes my friend. I know that you are greatly happy to be here again, in the company of your adoptive father Brother Joseph, but the time is right for our journey to continue.

James: I understand master.

Brother Adam: As do I. It has been an honour beyond telling to have had you here, but we know that your ministry lies elsewhere. When are you to leave us.

The One: This evening. We will make our arrangements and leave by dusk.

And so, the son of the Divine Alpha and his followers prepare to leave the Marillion...

OOC: Sheep, I warn you now as a poster, not as Prince Grandmaster. I have spoken with Shaitan, and have his full support that if you get at all out of hand you will be punished appropriately. I will NOT TOLERATE ANY Communist trolling or anti-Capitalist flaming. Go ahead, preach your little revolution in-character, but if at any time you go too far, I WILL report your post to a moderater.

ooc: Seriously you don;t believe I really think this crap is real do you? I am having a bit of fun. Of course not everyone is going to be hunky dory with the damn religions.

Zarn (to McNulty through Stick's device): The Day of Judgement is coming, friend. I fear Fanatika will fall. Something is happening to this planet, and it will destroy everything here. Get the spiritualists and anyone else you can out of here. Forgive me, I will be decending to the Heavens, now. May the Spirits be with you.

McNulty: May the Force be with you.

*Zarn dies there. Old age has caught up with him.*

Zarn (from the Heavens and all of Fanatika hears): Judgement day is coming, people! There is no hiding. Leave to other places, now! You cannot stay in Fanatika. Good bye, my fellow Fanatikans. May the Force be with you all. Always.

OOC: Sheep, just making sure. It can sometimes be hard to distinguish between in-character and out-of-character when no notation is posted, and when the character is speaking so realistically (most of us talk kinda funny when we're in character. ;) )

Brother Adam calls an emergency meeting for the Spiritualists...

Brother Adam: My friends, the end is approaching. Fanatika will fall, there is no stopping this. We must decide on our next action.

Brother Joseph: Zarn has already shown us the way. We must leave doomed Fanatika, so we can spread the word of Alpha to others.

Brother Rudy: I cannot leave my master. Grandmaster and the others have been more than employers to me, they have been like my family since Prince Shaitan died.

Sister Eve: I understand your devotion Brother Rudy, but surely all must see that Fanatika will not last the week. The entire continent is approaching a cataclysm. One which none can survive.

Brother Rudy: Nevertheless, unless my master orders me away, I will stay at my post.

Brother Rudy's loyalty is truly wonderous, and brings a few tears to the eyes of those present...

Brother William: Why is this happening? Why has Alpha allowed this to come to pass? Were we not humble enough? What sin is to be punished by such a thing?

Adam: No my Brother. This is not our fault. The time has simply come for this land to end. We have done all we can to prepare the people for this time. We have given them the word of Alpha, and now their judgement day is coming. May they be seen as holy in the eyes of the Divine.

Brother Fox: Speaking of which, what of The One? He has already left the Marillion, what are we to do about Him and His followers?

Adam: I suspect The One already knows what is approaching. I feel that He will make His own plans. He told us before He left that He was to find one more person to join His Fellowship of Disciples in Fanatika. I am sure that He will be alright. What we have to concentrate on now is what we are to do.

Sister Dana: I suggest we contact Brother Joshua, our Rohan Cleric. He alone is the only other Spiritualist in Fanatika not at the Marillion. He should be here.

General agreement, especially from Sister Angela and Brother David...

Adam: Very well. It shall be done. I will send word to the Community, telling them of our plight. Brother Joseph; send a peligram to Brother Joshua.

Brother Fox: What will the rest of us do?

Adam: Pray.

Well lets just say then I am a better actor than most ;)

Originally posted by Octavian X
OOC: Generally, without the OOC notation, everyone is acting. Unfortunately, in real life, I'm not a king in a modern monarchy that lives in a giant castle on a mountain. :(

What? your not? Why am I being nice to YOU then!

Fellows, please! Is this how you are going to spend your last days on Earth? By bickering with each other? Surely you should be making plans for the life beyond, (except for you Sheep, as an atheist, all you have to look forward to is oblivion...)

Originally posted by Zarn
Zarn (to McNulty through Stick's device): The Day of Judgement is coming, friend. I fear Fanatika will fall. Something is happening to this planet, and it will destroy everything here. Get the spiritualists and anyone else you can out of here. Forgive me, I will be decending to the Heavens, now. May the Spirits be with you.

McNulty: May the Force be with you.

*Zarn dies there. Old age has caught up with him.*

Zarn (from the Heavens and all of Fanatika hears): Judgement day is coming, people! There is no hiding. Leave to other places, now! You cannot stay in Fanatika. Good bye, my fellow Fanatikans. May the Force be with you all. Always.

CivGeneral and Mara Jade beguins to hear Zarn's message from the sky outside the hangar in Kyoto

CivGeneral: Hopefully we will see Zarn in a different form in the next world.

Mara Jade: I just hope it does not effect our use in the force

CivGeneral: I just hope it does not fade away. Come Mara, our plane is ready for us. Our final destination will be eather, Grandmaster's Carrier or McNulty's Cathedral

Mara Jade puts on her Jacket

Mara Jade: Dang itsgetting cold

Dr. Ed: Just I have feared, Judgement day

OOC: The story continues in the Volcano thread

The Spiritualists have been very busy tending to the needs of all the frightened people who have flooded into the Marillion. Brother Joshua and many of the faithful from Rohan arrived in the early morning. The roads and railways are in a terrible state with all the panic-stricken people and the damage caused by the increasing earthquakes. The temperature has dropped as well, adding to the misery...

Brother Adam: We can tarry here no longer, (turning to Brother Joseph) Have you spoken with the captian of the Amelung vessel?

Brother Joseph: Yes Brother. He has told me of a cove that he knows of. The vessel is moored there, instead of in dock. He was afeared that it would be rushed by panicking people and sunk under the sheer weight of their numbers. We are to leave now and journey there.

Adam: So be it.

And so Brother Adam, David, Fox, Joseph, Joshua, William, Sister Angela, Eve and Dana lead the rest of the Spiritualists secretly away to the Cove. It was a long journey and more than once, they are nearly discovered. At last, they arrive. The boat is small but seaworthy. It was the same vessel that took the exiled Community Spiritualists home. They go down and meet the captain...

Adam: Well met Captain, you have our eternal gratitude for this act of kindness.

Captain: I have always been happy to help the Spiritualists, but the seas churn and boil. If we are to go, it has to be now!

Adam: Indeed. Come on everyone, get aboard.

The Spiritualists all board the vessel. With so many of them, it is a tight squeeze but they just about manage it...

Sister Eve: Everyone aboard? Good. Alright, get down below decks. The crew have a dangerous job getting the boat underway, and they don't need us up here getting in the way.

And so the Spiritualist file through the door to below decks. Everyone except Brother Adam and Sister Eve is in, when suddenly, the Captain slams the door and bolts it...

Captain: It is done as you asked. Are you sure about this?

Adam: Aye. We had to make sure that our Brothers and Sisters were taken to safety, but we ourselves are staying to see this out. They would never have understood. The people in Fanatika need us. I'll admit that part of me wants to leave with them. But it is a small part.

Eve: Come husband, we have people to comfort.

And so Brother Adam and Sister Eve leave the boat, trying hard to ignore the frantic banging of the door and the cries of desperation from their Brothers and Sisters. They will be released, but only when the vessel is so far out to sea that it could not possible be returned in time. The two brave Spiritualists watch the boat sail away from the Cove and then head back to the Marillion...

CivGeneral and Mara Jade lands in The Marillion airstrip. The two hoped out of the plane to search for any Spiritualists in the area. CivGeneral and Mara Jade noticed Brother Adam and Sister Eve

Eve: Our call to comfort has reached to our freinds. Mara Jade and CivGeneral

Mara Jade: Could you explain what is going on?

Adam: Not to worry, You will make it though

Both CivGeneral and Mara Jade looks at Brother Adam with a puzzled look

Eve: Not to worry CivGeneral. You and your Wife, Mara will make it through this turbulent time.

CivGeneral: I am just conserned about Zarn and the uncertan future that lyes for the both of us.

CivGeneral sits down on the dock. Mara Jade sits next to CivGeneral. CivGeneral then looks at his Lightsaber. CivGeneral then looks at Brother Adam and Sister Eve

CivGeneral: What suggestion would you have for the two of us to make it through.

The final days of Fanatika are truly terrifying for the poor unfortuates who have to suffer in these final days. The One and his four disciples do all they can to comfort the people they meet as they travel. The One still looks as if He is searching...

Lara: (to the other disciples) We are going to die here soon. The end is coming. But somehow I do not fear the end.

James: If the end comes, we shall not be alone. For The One will be with us. He will speak with Alpha on our behalf.

The One turns to His disciples and shakes His head...

The One: Are you so keen for Calderon to claim you? No my disciples, the time for you to go to Heaven is not here yet. We will leave these shores soon, but first there is one more to join us.

They soon arrive at a small village close to Riga. Most citizens have left in terror, desperate to try to hide from the ever closing disaster. They enter the village and look around. They come across a single person, a blind man left behind in the panic. He senses their approach...

Man: For pity's sake, give me food, that I should eat before the end of all things!

The One: You seek sustenance, a last meal? I am the bread of life, and I will give you a new lease of life my friend.

Man: You sound like a Spiritualist. I met one of your Order many years ago. He was kind to me. Give me this bread, and I will thank you in Alpha's name.

The One smiles at the man's answer, He reaches out and touches the man's eyes. The man blinks, then a wave of astonishment comes over his face...

Man: I was blind, and now I see! Thank you sir, and praise be to Alpha! At last I can see the world, even now, when the end is so near.

The One: Will you come and follow me if I but call your name?

Man: Gladly. I will call you master, and you can call me Thomas.

And so Thomas becomes the last Fanatikan to join the Fellowship of The One...

Civgeneral and Mara Jade look with puzzlement at the two Spiritualists...

Civgeneral: What do you mean we will get through this? Surely no-one can survive the end of Fanatika now?

Brother Adam: Nevertheless my two friends, myself and my wife know that you will find a new life in another world.

Mara Jade: Are you speaking of this Heaven that you Spiritualists believe in? Are we to go where Zarn has already journeyed to?

Sister Eve: No gentle Mara, the gates of Heaven will not yet open for you both. We speak of a different place, a place where you will meet and conquer new challenges.

Civgeneral: How will we journey there, surely no vessel could get to safety now. Already much of Fanatika is in ruins.

Adam: You will make it my old friend, trust in that.

The two Spiritualists realise that they have tarried at the docks too long already.

Sister Eve: (embracing Civgeneral and Mara) And now we must return to the Marillion. The Mission is still a beacon of the light, and we must help comfort all the frightened people there.

Civgeneral: Please, come with us, wherever it is that we are to go, we would have you with us.

Adam: We must decline. The good people of Fanatika are our destiny. We knew that the day we landed on these hallowed shores. For Prince Shaitan, and Lord Master Zarn, and all who have gone before us, we owe it to them all to remain and see this to its end. Farewell, we may meet again in Heaven one day.

The two Jedi realise that their friends cannot be talked out of staying. Brother Adam and Sister Eve walk home, (for they truly think of the Marillion as home now) with a song in their hearts...

And lo, the end of Fanatika arrived with a terrible explosion. And the earth did shake and spewed forth its bile upon the world. And there was a great wailing and gnashing of teeth.

And in the sky there was seen four figures astride four horses. And they were given by Alpha the power to wreak his will upon Fanatika and its neighbours. And the first Horseman was called War. And he was the image of Pyra, the Archangel of War. He swept his fiery sword over the lands, and all the people did make constant war upon each other, and many were killed.

And the second Horseman was called Famine, and he did sweep a rake upon the lands, and the Earth became bitter and sustained no life, and the people starved.

And the third Horseman was called Pestillence. And he swept a knife across the earth, and many people became infected by terrible diseases which were sorely painful.

And the last Horseman was a pale rider, and he was called Death, formally Calderon. And he swept his scythe across the earth and many did lose their lives.

But for the worthy, those who had embraced the faith, and were of good and pure heart, the Horseman did spare, and harmed them not...

Top Bottom