The remarkable similarities between Trump, Julius Caesar, and Malcolm X.

Yes, I mean this with absolute sincerity. And if you’re looking for a crazy Alex Jones type of conspiracy theory, look elsewhere. Because what I’m saying is a prediction, and that I see so many similarities between these three individuals.

Malcolm X and Julius Caesar were both incredibly charismatic for their time periods, as is Trump today. Malcolm X was a prominent civil rights advocate. He brought many black people in this country together. Some could even say he helped Martin Luther King more successful, in the context that Martin Luther King was better than the alternative that would have been Malcolm X (in the minds of potentially terrified white people).

Julius Caesar was arguably even more successful in this regard. He established a system in Rome that the populace grew accustomed to.

Straight from Julius Caesar’s Wikipedia page: “On the way across the Aegean Sea,[22] Caesar was kidnapped by pirates and held prisoner.[23][24] He maintained an attitude of superiority throughout his captivity. The pirates demanded a ransom of 20 talents of silver, but he insisted that they ask for 50.[25][26] After the ransom was paid, Caesar raised a fleet, pursued and captured the pirates, and imprisoned them. He had them crucified on his own authority, as he had promised while in captivity[27]—a promise that the pirates had taken as a joke. ”

This has Donald Trump written all over it, doesn’t it? Malcolm X would have done the same if the KKK or Nazis had captured him.

Caesar was in debt to various other prevalent figures of his time, just like Trump racked up lots of debt and foreclosures with his businesses. I doubt Malcolm X racked up debt, though I’m not sure. But he had other striking similarities.

Here is what Malcolm X said: “[In 1963, on the assassination of President John F. Kennedy] Chickens coming home to roost never did make me sad, they’ve always make me glad.”

So here we have Malcolm X publicly applauding the death of an elected official. Julius Ceasar did it so many times that it’s hard to find just one to use as an example. But to hell with it, he was surely thrilled to have Pompey gone.

Has Trump done it? Yes. While the man Trump insulted didn’t exactly die, the effect of his statements was equally profound. ““He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.” – he said, referring to John McCain.

And all three of them had quite the victim complex.

“If you’re not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” – Malcolm X.

“Look at the way I’ve been treated lately, especially by the media. No politician in history — and I say this with great surety — has been treated worse or more unfairly. You can’t let them get you down, You can’t let the critics and the naysayers get in the way of your dreams. Adversity makes you stronger.” – Donald Trump

“There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance next time.” – Malcolm X

Some Julius Caesar quotes now:

-Experience is the teacher of all things.

– Cowards die many times before their actual deaths.

-If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it.

Malcolm x- by any means necessary.

(back to Caesar)

“Men are nearly always willing to believe what they wish.”

Malcolm X:

-“The media’s the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power. Because they control the minds of the masses.”

-Truth is on the side of the oppressed.

Back to Trump:

-“Wow, so many Fake News stories today. No matter what I do or say, they will not write or speak truth. The Fake News Media is out of control!”

And this is just one example. He has accused the media of being “fake news” time and time again.

So I think I have made my point about the similarities between these three individuals. Caesar made himself very established and the de-facto dictator of the Roman Empire. He would be betrayed by former allies (the Senate). Former allies are the hardest to defend against because they are expected to be on your side. It’s like a company who has a security breach by a disgruntled employee within the company itself. Such things are almost impossible to defend against. Nonetheless, while Caesar himself did not live, his dream lived on. The Roman Republic came to an end and time of a Roman Empire was there to replace it. There would not be another such “republic” in western civilization for well over a millennia longer.

But Malcolm X was also historically decisive, though probably not as much as Caesar. He was incredibly aggressive and outspoken for change in the civil rights era. How far have we come since then?

-antidiscrimination laws.

-A first African American President.

-acceptance of interracial marriage for more than in the past

-NFL players kneeling for the anthem for an end to police brutality

-black lives matter

Malcolm X had built himself a large following of African Americans and liberal whites to protest in favor of civil rights. He simultaneously built up the Nation of Islam’s reputation, and then seriously hampered it. Elijah Muhammad and his followers were not going to forgive him, and again, protecting yourself from former allies is always the hardest.

What about Trump? Trump has revamped American politics for the foreseeable future, to say the least… and that’s even supposing he goes out peacefully without getting reelected!

It’s definitely possible that he could get reelected. Incumbents get elected the vast majority of the time. And Trump has built an unbeatable coalition of financially savvy business guys, and redneck white nationalists, to come together to defeat anything in their way. There were many people who had never voted before in their lives, or haven’t voted in a long time but voted just for Trump.

In Trump’s own words “I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.”

Everyone already knew who Trump was and how he was going to be before he got elected. Why would his outcome be any different in 2020? The people who voted for him last time will vote for him next time because they already knew what they were buying last time. Trump spent 18 months campaigning before the election, and he made it abundantly clear what his platforms would be.

Just as Julius Caesar and Malcolm X, Trump has some fanatical followers who will worship him no matter what he does. And just like those two, Trump is starting to get out of hand. His political rise was a rebellion against the political establishment and elites and their status quo- just as Malcolm X and Julius Caesar had done.

And again, the keyword here is former allies. And to be more specific, former allies with nothing to lose. As an example of what that wouldn’t consist of: Trump was spotted at a golf resort, playing golf with Peyton Manning (I wish I was making this up). Could Peyton Manning read Trump’s (flimsy) defenses, call some audibles and then go in for the touchdown? I think so. But why would he want to? He’d have nothing to gain from killing Trump other than going down a legend, and he already has that. He would also have tons to lose. So it would have to be a former ally with nothing (or at the very least, much less) to lose with lots to gain. These are the types that would do it.

Who could these be? The people close to him within his administration. His very own cabinet members and white house staff. The people close to him, within his administration, have already made it clear they can’t stand him. Of course, the Democrats and black lives matter people are going to hate Trump. That’s both understandable and predictable. Thus the secret service is protecting him against those kinds of people at their every move. The establishment of the Republican Party itself, and including members of the Whitehouse staff and his own administration… these are not the kind you can defend from.

Trump has already started to gain weight, and it hasn’t been even one year since he’s been in office. Weight gain, in this context, means he’s stressed out. Will he be even mentally stable enough? He has already caused irreversible damage to the Republican Party, and the longer he stays in office the longer it continues. But we can take it to another extreme: Unlike Caesar or Malcolm X, Trump has access to nuclear launch codes. “As your commander in chief, I demand you send a nuke to North Korea. No questions asked!”

What would you do in such a situation? Trump has the legal authority to order such a strike, even for no valid reason or with no approval from the congress or senate. This, among other things, is surely already on their minds. And again, his followers have made it clear they’re going to continue to vote for him no matter what he actually does. The possibility of a second Trump term (supposing he lives through the first one) is more likely than not.

Of course, Trump getting assassinated would not make it “all over” any more than Caesar getting killed stopped the Roman Empire (rather than further cementing it) or that Malcolm X’s death “ended” civil rights (quite the opposite if anything because people were understandably outraged). I’m not sure what will happen in the next 7 years, but we’re in for a wild ride.

What do you think?

Malcolm X speech

Trump Speech

Julius Caesar Speech

I wrote all of this on my personal blog several years ago, not long after Trump winning the election. And I've been highly vocal about this sincere belief of mean all over CFC in this time. And now look where things have turned. Many Republicans are denouncing Trump. People that were supposed to be on his side, are criticizing him. Trump was the product of a populist uprising from GOP average voters to the GOP establishment, and now the establishment is obviously planning to quell against it, considering how this is turning out to be. Trump has made too many enemies within his own party, specifically the people at the top. As one example of countless others: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/...ump-ousting-protesters-church-photo-op-296521

Where do you think we are headed?

edit: cinematic renditions of the events that have unfolded in the past:

Caesar

Malcolm X

Who should play Trump when his movie inevitably comes out? I elect Alec Baldwin.

Last edited:
Straight from Julius Caesar’s Wikipedia page: “On the way across the Aegean Sea,[22] Caesar was kidnapped by pirates and held prisoner.[23][24] He maintained an attitude of superiority throughout his captivity. The pirates demanded a ransom of 20 talents of silver, but he insisted that they ask for 50.[25][26] After the ransom was paid, Caesar raised a fleet, pursued and captured the pirates, and imprisoned them. He had them crucified on his own authority, as he had promised while in captivity[27]—a promise that the pirates had taken as a joke. ”

This has Donald Trump written all over it, doesn’t it?
No, it does not. If Trump were captured by pirates, he would just cower in abject fear, and nothing else.

No one would bother paying a ransom for him.

If he somehow escaped, he would just tweet about what meanies the pirates had been to him.

He would threaten to raise a fleet and chase them. People would tell him he didn't have the authority, and he'd let the humiliation blow over by doing some stupid stunt that changed what people were talking about.

He wouldn't pursue and capture anyone. He gets winded walking across a street.

He wouldn't have made a threat to someone who had him in captivity. He only threatens people over whom he has overwhelming power.

Last edited:
Please stop making these comparisons.
I know you think you are all clever drawing parallels, but there really aren't comparisons on any meaningful level. The GOP has notably failed to "Et tu, Brute" Donald Trump despite having multiple opportunities handed to them on a silver platter. Malcolm X was the subject of intense hatred from the establishment with genuine conspiracies and plots against him. Trump blunders about into problems of his own making and then calls the inevitable pushback a conspiracy. Julius Caesar conquered Gaul. Donald Trump refused to go to a WWII memorial in France because the rain would muss his hair, and later hid in a nuclear bunker from some protesters.

Please stop making these comparisons.
The GOP has notably failed to "Et tu, Brute" Donald Trump despite having multiple opportunities handed to them on a silver platter.

While this is true, I am making a prediction (not endorsement) about the future.

While this is true, I am making a prediction (not endorsement) about the future.
I think the all-seeing Nostradamus made more accurate predictions than ones expecting the GOP to turn on Donald Trump.

Some of them already have.

No one would bother paying a ransom for him.

Mike Pence would say, with stony-faced grimness and phoned-in sorrow, that, "the President is unaccounted for and cannot be found, and until he is, I am assuming full Presidential duties." He would then oversee the GOP's throwing of Trump under the bus like they did with Nixon.

Some of them already have.
Oh, you mean Susan Collins?
Or Mittens saying Donald Trump has done some naughty things?

Wake me when they start holding McConnell's ram through of judicial nominees in protest. Until then, pffft.

I think the all-seeing Nostradamus made more accurate predictions than ones expecting the GOP to turn on Donald Trump.

Nostradamus' predicted end date of the world was sometime in 1998. :confused:

Oh, you mean Susan Collins?
Or Mittens saying Donald Trump has done some naughty things?

Wake me when they start holding McConnell's ram through of judicial nominees in protest. Until then, pffft.

They can’t make it too obvious or Trump will know it’s coming. They have to be subtle.

They can’t make it too obvious or Trump will know it’s coming. They have to be subtle.
Please tell me you don't actually believe this, because I think I found a conspiracy stupider than the one about the military turning the freaking frogs gay.

Rude.

Are you seriously expecting us to believe that after three years of failing to do anything more than a "Naughty Naughty" the GOP is just waiting for the right time to oust Donald Trump and remove Bunker Baby from office?
What was the impeachment over Trump blackmailing a foreign country into reopening a spurious investigation in the hopes of creating a fake scandal to damage a domestic political opponent?
What about using the power of the purse to prevent Trump from building those horrific baby cages? The arguing in court the government doesn't need to provide detained migrant children with toothpaste?
What about the refusal to hold Trump administration appointees to any sort of sanction for a blatant refusal to even acknowledge the right of congressional oversight?
What about any number of other things where the GOP could have shown they had any sort of backbone?
No, they all knuckled under for tax cuts and judges, and some are True Believers.

And you want me to believe the GOP is just biding their time to strike. Well when in that time? When Trump orders security service to use chemical munitions on peaceful protesters so he can get a tacky photo op? When Trump orders the military to forcibly put down protests? When Trump tries to cancel the 2020 election? When Trump declares Ivanka President-for-Life-or-as-long-as-she-is-hot?

When viewed against the last decade of behavior from the GOP, asking me to believe they are just biding their time in a plot to oust Donald Trump makes just about as much sense as a plot to turn the freaking frogs gay.

Are you seriously expecting us to believe that after three years of failing to do anything more than a "Naughty Naughty" the GOP is just waiting for the right time to oust Donald Trump and remove Bunker Baby from office?
What was the impeachment over Trump blackmailing a foreign country into reopening a spurious investigation in the hopes of creating a fake scandal to damage a domestic political opponent?
What about using the power of the purse to prevent Trump from building those horrific baby cages? The arguing in court the government doesn't need to provide detained migrant children with toothpaste?
What about the refusal to hold Trump administration appointees to any sort of sanction for a blatant refusal to even acknowledge the right of congressional oversight?
What about any number of other things where the GOP could have shown they had any sort of backbone?
No, they all knuckled under for tax cuts and judges, and some are True Believers.

And you want me to believe the GOP is just biding their time to strike. Well when in that time? When Trump orders security service to use chemical munitions on peaceful protesters so he can get a tacky photo op? When Trump orders the military to forcibly put down protests? When Trump tries to cancel the 2020 election? When Trump declares Ivanka President-for-Life-or-as-long-as-she-is-hot?

When viewed against the last decade of behavior from the GOP, asking me to believe they are just biding their time in a plot to oust Donald Trump makes just about as much sense as a plot to turn the freaking frogs gay.

I will direct you to the case of Nikita Krushchev and the CPSU...

Also, they will gladly take him out if they think doing so well prevent and actual revolution taking place, or things getting that bad and so out of control that they can't do anything about it. There is, at this point, a nonzero chance of that happening.

Is that supposed to mean something, because Khruschev famously waited until Stalin was dead before denouncing him.

Is that supposed to mean something, because Khruschev famously waited until Stalin was dead before denouncing him.

I'm not referring to how Krushchev rose to power, but how, after a decade or so of near absolute power, and complete loyalty from the party, the Politburo (including his successor, Leonid Brezhnev, as one of the big instigators) declared his apex position of power away and had him led to his house arrest in a dacha with KGB guards and house staff, where he spent the rest of his life under house arrest.

If they really wanted him gone they could have voted with the democrats to oust him earlier this year when an actual impeachment vote was being held. Anything done now would be illegal to do, so why not do it back then when it was legal and so much easier to pull off?

Top Bottom