1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[RD] The Republican nomination

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by onejayhawk, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Archbob

Archbob Ancient CFC Guardian

The issue is if Trump gets elected we know there enough crazy people to elect a large amound of Trump-like represenatives as well.

2. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

I mean the one plus is that Trump has a history of supporting both liberal policies, and liberal candidates for office. So maybe you are right. :shrug:

3. Archbob

Is building a Great Wall Liberal though?

4. GoodEnoughForMe

GoodEnoughForMe n.m.s.s.

Election strategy is all fun in games except for the actual Muslims and Latinos and the like which has campaign has actively threatened and fomented hatred of.

5. Archbob

Hi, the Latinos in Nevada voted for him so they don't seem to mind

6. Wolfbeckett

Wolfbeckett Jerkin' and nonsense.

He does the exact same type of thing in his manipulation of the media too because he knows they'll overreact in the opposite direction.

Trump: "Thousands of muslims were celebrating in the streets after 9/11!"

Panicking media: "NUH UH, NUH UH, Nobody did that, there were NO celebrations, that didn't happen at all!"

Trump: "Well, here's some video of it happening. It may not have been thousands like I said, but it most certainly did happen on a smaller scale, and now you chumps look like idiots for outright denying it."

Packinging media: "Umm... moving on to the next story, a chicken that predicts the future..."

7. Nexlev

Nexlev King

a chicken that predicts the future lol. nailed it.

I think Trump could get congressional support for some kind of wall. It would not be nearly as impressive or comprehensive as what he's implying.

I think he'd really have trouble finding support for his trade policies.

Crazy bans on muslims - no chance.

On healthcare I think he'd be working closer to the Democrat's vision than the Republican's.

Foreign policy - plenty of war-hawks all around to do whatever he wants. If he pals around with Russia he'd piss a lot of people off, but I don't think he needs anyones permission to NOT be aggressive

8. Wolfbeckett

Wolfbeckett Jerkin' and nonsense.

I can't claim credit for that one, I flagrantly stole it from an episode of Good Eats.

9. Archbob

I think the GOP would work with him faster than with Obama on healthcare.

10. GoodEnoughForMe

GoodEnoughForMe n.m.s.s.

Some of the Republican Latinos did, but generally speaking his national polling among them has been very poor.

11. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

You might be on to something here.
    For an anti-politician, Trump is very good at employing politician's logic:

Link to video.

He told people "Here is a solution". It might not be a great solution, it is a solution.

12. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

Yeah, a big part of me suspects that he'll be somewhat erratic and off-putting, with poor diplomacy, but ultimately he may be pragmatic enough to be a better leader than any of the dogmatic Republicans he's running against. I would expect some of the moderate to liberal positions he's taken before to come out as he tries to win over independents and some Democrats. His populism will definitely help win over what's left of the working-class white Democrat vote in places like Ohio and Pennsylvania; on the other hand, he might not have the same Teflon qualities with the general population that he does with Republicans, so that he alienates enough people to cause him to do badly.

It's very hard to know what we'd get out of Trump, besides his narcissistic personality. I can imagine him being surprisingly effective; I can also imagine he would really follow through (to the best of his ability) on his xenophobic proposals. It's hard to predict that guy, and he likes it that way.

13. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

Yeah...about one in six of them did. That isn't exactly a vote of confidence. But of course, we did already go over this reality so no doubt you were hoping no one would point it out when you tried again to ignore it.

14. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Deity

Is that the video which didn't happen in NJ but rather in Palestine, where a guy showed up, paid some locals to "celebrate," and didn't tell them what they were celebrating?

===========================

Some interesting polls came out of the Nevadans at the caucus:
    Candidate who was most in line with their values: Cruz.
    Candidate who is most likely to win: Rubio.
    Candidate who is most likely to bring about change: Trump.

Result: Trumps wins the caucuses BIG TIME. I read this as saying, Republicans don't care so much about their own values or who has the best chance of winning. They want change! [pissed]

15. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

:lol:

Today's Trumpian amusement...

Trump, at a town hall thing in Virginia, is asked about his record of relationships with Democrat politicians. He gives his usual "I'm a businessman. I needed to have good relationships with all politicians," response. But to illustrate his "relatedness" with politicians he points out that right there in the audience is none other than his good friend politician Bob McConnell...former Republican governor of Virginia.

Of course the immediate question should have been "so where do you stand in Governor McConnell's corruption convictions, for taking bribes from businessmen like yourself, which are down to the last forlorn appeal before he is off to prison?" But no one asked, apparently.

16. Nexlev

Nexlev King

No, there's a video about the celebrations in Jersey. It's not a video of the celebrations, but rather a video of the news report about them.

17. onejayhawk

onejayhawk Afflicted with reason

Change from what? Obama's policies? Democratic policies? It cannot be Republican policies. None are operative.

Perhaps it means these Republican voters want to shut the government down.

J

18. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

If the government is shut down, how will the wall get built?

19. jackelgull

jackelgull An aberration of nature

Trump will dissolve the senate and House and declare himself dictator for life, that's how.

20. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

By way of an example, those are all traits that can be ascribed to both Perón and Berlusconi, but they aren't exactly the same.
    Sorry, ‘The Third Position’ is what fascists have billed themselves as, historically.
    A few points down for him, diluted between Rubio for teahadists, disillusioned voters going to Trump, a few trickling to Kasich. Certainly not good for the wannabe Spanish speaker.
    Why is limiting himself in both ideology and geography to a small slice of the electorate a result of poor fundraising?
    That's the real problem. And Rubio/Cruz will drag in more teahadists by trumpeting the ‘we got X hundred thousand/millions of voters in primaries, conservatism can win!’ mantra over and over.