The Rise of Brazil

I think there's some kind of bonus at the late game allowing for more rapid research. This is to simulate the rise of post WW2 powers I reckon. But honestly .... mech infantry in Britain in 1941 O.o ....... That ... should ...not ... Happen ! :O

I think there's some kind of bonus at the late game allowing for more rapid research. This is to simulate the rise of post WW2 powers I reckon. But honestly .... mech infantry in Britain in 1941 O.o ....... That ... should ...not ... Happen ! :O

I think they suffered because they don't even have artillery or medicine. But yeah, it is frightening. That rapid research might be true but it's never occurred before, unless it only happens with less-advantaged countries.

I have decided to further divide up the next part because there are just too many screenshots for one update.

After many many years of battling the forces of Argentina, San Martin himself heads to Rio de Janeiro. He beseeches Pedro II for peace as he sees how weak his nation is. Martin does not want to cause any more embarrassment for his land so he offers a deal. He offers some monetary tribute and capitulation for peace. Dom Pedro II considers his deal. He considers how many tens of thousands of Brazilians have already been lost. A large swathe of his army is gone and will not be back. He could take all of Argentina, but that would cause needless deaths. He agrees to the deal. Since becoming a vassal is becoming part of that empire, Brazil now owns Argentina. The only lands left are Peru and Colombia.
Spoiler :

Colombia launched a counter-attack and retook Caracas. This attack further weakened the already withering Northern force. Reinforcements were to come from the mainland, in the meantime they would sit in British territory and heal themselves, readying for battle.
Spoiler :

An irritating Peruvian War Elephant had been tromping around the jungles of Brazil where no troops could reach it. A cavalry was dispatched to kill it as soon as they could. Finally, after many years of tracking these insurgents, they stupidly abandoned the jungle for open plains. They were quickly shot full of holes by the far superior cavalry units. The cavalry were then dispatched to the Colombian front to reinforce the military up there.
Spoiler :

The South American Unification War was entering its final stages. The juggernaut Argentina had been felled. Now the military could be focused on Peru and Columbia. With airships to dominate the sky and destroyers to dominate the sea, Brazil was poised to easily win the war. Troops marched through Argentinian cities all in unison shouting "Brazil, Brazil, Brazil, you bet we've got trees, and we speak Portuguese. Brazil, Brazil, Brazil, there's a giant Jesus on top of a hill."
Spoiler :

As Brazilian troops march through Argentina, providing a show of force, a British news recorder taped the marching. The British being the dumb Europeans they are though, got the dates wrong. Nonetheless, this show of military stunned the world and provided them a glimpse of the rising power.

Link to video.

speaking of that jesus statue, have you built the cristo redentor yet?

Well, about that. Some bastards stole the rights to make the statue threatening with lawsuits. Brazil, not wanting an international incident let it go. Hundreds of sculptors are currently working on an even better project than a giant Jesus.

edit:the video isn't showing up

you might not have used the tags right, this should help
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=491834

Yeah I figured it out, thanks. :)

The United Nations had been built. Obviously it was constructed by Akbar because they were nowhere near the most powerful. This increased the British monopoly because the only two possible winners are them, or their vassal. This was an annoyance, but seeking to limit Britain's power as much as possible, Brazilian delegates voted for Akbar of the British Raj.
Spoiler :

After many years of re-preparing Brazilian forces and healing them in Buenos Aires, the Southern force was dispatched to take La Pas of Peru. Having to take the disheveled roads of Argentina, it would take them a very long time to reach their destination. They marched and marched across the countryside, there was a mixture of jeers and cheers from the Argentinian peasants. There were even several occasions of small arms fire from some Argentinian nationalists, but they were quickly dispatched.
Spoiler :

After reinforcements from Belem and Brasilia arrived, the newly strengthened force in the North retook Caracas. Not wanting to deal with the revolts and possibility of them retaking the city, it was burned to the ground. It was planned to be rebuilt at a later date though, once hostilities had been erased.
Spoiler :

Brazil was currently not able to properly fund their science program as the government had directed all money to increasing military power. Now, though, funding had returned to the science program. Having neglected the research, Brazil traded Medicine to Sweden for Fascism and some money. Then a Brazilian envoy wanted to trade Medicine to Congo for Fission and Industrialism. The Congolese, not realizing the necessity of Medicine, disagree. Then a new deal was brokered and accepted, Radio and Industrialism from Congo for Medicine from Brazil. Unsurprisingly, the Iranians had discovered fission. Iran needed Medicine just as Brazil needed Fission to grow. This deal was quickly made. Finally, the last of all tech trading for awhile, Mongolia asked for a minor sum of gold for the knowledge of Communism. Brazil's hatred for communism is shown by this for just how little value the technology has. The only thing Brazilians hate more Communism are Europeans in South America, and the British are both.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

The French, again having been dragged into the war for some odd reason, did not want to fight the mighty Brazilian military and De Gaulle quickly begged for peace and even offered some tribute. Brazil accepted and kicked the French out of their glorious nation.
Spoiler :

:salute: Brazil, Brazil, Brazil :salute:

I have decided to add in a little flavor. From the House of Parliament, one person can be elected into the office of Head of Parliamentary Affairs. Anyone whom wants to run for this office, PM me. Describe the name of your party and what you wish to accomplish. Then, if i deem your party and what you want to accomplish acceptable, you may try to get people to vote for you. You may join each others parties but that's your own choice. Tell me and I'll try to keep track of everything here. There currently is no point in joining someone else's party but you can if you want because I might expand the government late. The Head of Parliament is not eligible to vote on their own requests just as the president cannot either. Again, PM me if you wish to run for office and I'll decide to green light you or not. Thank you. Also, remember that Brazilians are fiercely anti-European and anti-communist.

FOR THIS VOTING ROUND ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST ENTER BY SATURDAY JULY 7 AT MIDNIGHT CENTRAL STANDARD TIME
All participants must re-request to run for office every time their office ends. Office lasts for 20 turns. Once someone has been voted for, they cannot run next term but can the term after that.

Head of Parliament's duties:
  • Can submit their own requests to parliament
  • Serves as head of state when the president is unavailable
  • More duties may be assigned if they are requested and approved

Parties:
Unity Party: adhiraj.bose
The goal of the unity party is to unite all of South America under the Brazilian flag one way or another. The use of force is definitely condoned to force the British out of our motherland.

Galactic Party: mrrandomplayer
Its goal is to pursue a space victory, increasing scientific funds and changing production to the Apollo Project (and later spaceship parts). The party is not opposed to war with Britain, but thinks that technological progress should take priority. However, until the Apollo Project is finished and spaceship parts can be built, the party will build troops and support war with Britain.

Oh come on, no one wants to run for Head of Parliament? :)

im thinking about it, but i haven't decided yet

If no one sends a message by the deadline I'm just scrapping the whole idea. I was afraid this would happen. No one has to if they do not want to though.

I would, but I'm going to be online less for the next week because of finals.

I would, but I'm going to be online less for the next week because of finals.

You still have school?? Wow! Where do you live?? Well I wasn't planning on too many more updates for a little bit. I have a soccer tournament and then vacation this coming weekend that lasts about a week or two.

Last update before the elections is to be posted within the next 10 hours or so. Most likely 10 hours from now. Thank you.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

The fight for La Pas was a difficult one. This one was literally an uphill battle. Because Peru is essentially one giant hill. Fortunately, we had our newly invented fighter planes to scare the crap out the Peruvians and deal some damage. None the less, it was a very bloody battle. Men crying out for one of two things, god, or their mother. It was terrible because the ships couldn't reach the city and thus could not soften the defenses. Also, the planes were preoccupied weakening the actual troops within the city. Brazilian infantry, led by the generals Almirante Tamandare and Mascerenhas de Morais, were forced to throw themselves through Peruvian dug trenches and barricades, but we still took the city, and the glorious shouting of soldiers could be hear all the way back in the capital some said. The battle was being called Braziliant by many.
Spoiler :

Having lost one of it main cities and its only other city could was not very stable. Also, when citizen aw the fearsome Brazilian army marching towards Lima they revolted against the terribly functioning government and this caused Peru to decline into anarchy. Trying to capitalize on this, Brazilian general try to quickly take Lima as it appears nearly undefended except some dinky ships.
Spoiler :

A tank division had been rushed into existence on the Brazilian mainland to combat the Colombian defenses in Bogota. The infantry alone would die and the cavalry wouldn't even hurt the machine gunners stationed there. Together, the tank, cavalry, and infantry battalions rolled across the hillside of Colombia, drawing ever closer to the frightened city of Bogota. On the Peruvian front, some infantry mysteriously showed up. Quite a few too. They must have been hiding in the one tile we could not see. A few Colombian expeditionaries decided it would be a good idea to take on at least four infantry troops in a defended city with one cannon and one infantry division. This shows how inferior they really are. Then, de Morais called back to Sao Paulo for tank reinforcements, and quicker than one can sing the Brazilian Anthem, they started work.
Spoiler :

Seeking another technological leap, Brazil asked for the knowledge of rockets from Siam for the medicine that was much needed. Brazil had to pay modest shipping fee but the deal was agreed upon and Brazil's power was rising.
Spoiler :

The fighters stationed all around Bogota mowed down the troops there. They weakened them to a point where they were just fodder for the tanks. Bogota fell as easily as it rose. Bolivar came to Pedro seeking a deal. He offered his services to the newly growing world power, and also the city of La Habana (better known as Havana within Brazil) with a decent amount of tribute. Peace finally came in the South American Unification War. No more nations were at war with each other. The last step would be to take Lima, then the war would be officially over.
Spoiler :

Now all resources could be focused on Lima. All destroyers were sent there to weaken the defenses to nil. The tank that had been produced at lightning speed and then air-dropped into La Pas would prove vital with it's power and speed. Meanwhile, while waiting for the tanks to arrive, the infantry hunkered down, rested and healed up.
Spoiler :

An envoy was sent to both The Transplatine Province and The Colony of Colombia to discuss things. While there the envoy demanded tribute the payment to Brazil for letting them live. Resources that were not found within Brazil itself were the ones to be demanded. They had no other choice but to agree.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

The battle for Lima was quick and easy. The mixture of planes and tanks obliterated the ex-Peruvian soldiers, then the infantry did the rest. The government was done fighting for now, and they decided to put together some statistics and were ecstatic with what they saw. They did math and not only was Brazil the most powerful Latin American nation, but it was also the eighth most powerful in the world. It has flown by the European nation of Austria and has nearly surpassed even its colonizer, Portugal. This was a momentous occasion for Brazilian pride. Now Brazil wasn't an uprising power, it IS a power of the world.
Spoiler :

After looking at a map, Brazilian men and women alike were so very proud. Almost all of South America was united under the Brazilian flag. Argentina and Colombia are both occupied by Brazil and thus a part of Brazil. The only part left to take was the British colonies, but that would also be the most difficult part.
Spoiler :

On the mountains near Rio de Janeiro hundreds upon hundreds of sculptures had been working on a project of monumental proportions. This project would loom over the entirety of Rio, and it would be constant reminder of Brazil's awesome glory. It was dubbed, the Pedro Redentor. Then, at the bottom, was a plaque with the word "Remember Me" engraved. He was a slight megalomaniac but it was okay, everyone loved him.
Spoiler :

Also, I would like to thank everyone so very much. To everyone who reads this story, thank you. You are all lovely people and I'd love to co-rule with all you :)

:woohoo:[party]:band::banana::eekdance::bounce::dance::sheep: :w00t: CONGRATULATIONS ON 2000 VIEWS!!! :w00t: :sheep::dance::bounce::eekdance::banana::band:[party]:woohoo:

Top Bottom