1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The road to Moscow - A French Hearts of Iron II AAR

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Dell19, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

So is the next item to snip off that piece of Soviet territory that touches Ukraine?

2. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

3. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Basically yes however this time I didn't go for an encirclement as that would have basically involved taking Moscow first. The Soviets are already retreating from the three southern most provinces.

Georgia on the left, Azerbaijan on the right and Armenia in the south.

4. Jos Ballenbak

Jos Ballenbak Zombiehunter, duh.....

Is the AAR dead?

5. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Quite possibly or at least there would only be two more full updates to post as the next update would have gone up to the outskirts of Moscow and when I've played on further the Soviets have basically collapsed. I still can't decide what to do about Finland as I don't think their armies would fight the allies once the Soviet Union had lost all their key possessions in the west.

6. Jos Ballenbak

I would really like to see the AAR continue.....

7. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

I have continued playing a bit further and this is the situation in August:

The Soviet Union has 58 divisions left and then Finland have 35 divisions in Helsinki. Quite a few Soviet divisions seemed to disappear as they were gradually pushed back whilst Moscow and Leningrad were captured relatively painlessly. The expansion east is grounding to a halt as each province only has 1 or 2 Allied divisions in them on the front line. Annoyingly its going to take several months for extra troops from north of Moscow to reach the front line.

The USA has captured a few more islands in the Pacific whilst Japan are spamming out infantry.

8. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

While I would like for this to continue as it has been an enjoyable AAR, I also know from experience that you are getting to a point in the game where the challenge is rapidly fading (i.e. crushing the Soviets and Japan is a mere question of time), and tedium is becoming the predominant factor.
    So I'll quite understand if you decide to call it a day. :)

9. Jos Ballenbak

Still it is always enjoyable to watch.....