The Road To War PBEM (BTS Scenario)

VeteranLurker,
Thanks for the invite --
Sorry do not have time to read entire thread to figure out what slots are open -- can you post a summary --

My preference for Countries would be
Italy
UK
The small Allied countries (Poland, W. Balkans, Low C, Norway)
USA

Which patch would it be? beta 3 -- 1938?
Where is that?

Currently, I am believe that my base game is fully patched -- and I have the latest RtW beta 3 patch but not the 1938 version

Problem: I would want to upgrade to the new BtS patch ASAP -- but I am afraid that would kill the PBEM

Anyone know about interaction between official patch and PBEM? Dale?

Slots are still somewhat up in the air, though UK is taken. You can have Italy if I get Germany or USSR. Most of the small Allied countries would be AI if we have 6 players. USA/Norway and Germany/Finland were the two combos we were going to go with, since they follow each other in the hard-coded PBEM order of play and it allows the USA player to have something to do early on (other than build infrastructure and stockpile units). The other playable countries are Italy, UK, France, USSR.

The plan was to use the 1938 scenario. Dale provided links to two files earlier in this thread with instructions for how to install (items 37/39 if my memory is correct). We would start with the current beta 3 add-on. My understanding is that we could upgrade to future add-ons and keep the current game going, same for any official patches to BTS, but we would need to confirm this.

To make this work -- I think we need to focus on two things -- 1 turn per day and good play sequence

I live in CA, and Verteran Lurker is in MI. He needs to go before me,

Ideally -- Assuming most of us play in the evening
Civ Player Location
Germany -- Europe
Italy -- Europe
UK -- East Coast
USSR -- East Coast
France -- MidWest
USA -- CA /Hawaii/Asia

Or something like that --

We have Me -- CA
VetL -- East Coast
Dazz_G -- Europe

Bluewolf where are you located?

Who else is playing?
And what Civs are taken?

Dazz has a test file. PM him your email address and you can try to open the savefile. If it opens, that means you have the same updates/patches/etc as the three of us.

I'm in Alabama right now, so central time. Krokodil needs to stay in France I gots the Soviets!
redwolf915 @ yahoo.com

I have updated post #1 to show recent changes.

With regard to updates, the PBeM can be upgraded to implement BtS patches but I am far from certain that further Add On packs will work due to the sheer number of changes that it would contain.

I have sent the test file to Bluewolf and Ling ... hopefully they can open it.

I am keeping Germany open for Xattsman for the moment ... awaiting him trying the file once more.

In a thread on the RTW development page, I asked whether a game we start now will be playable in future versions -- alas, it will not. The patch is apparently due out soon and the add-on will be incorporated in that. Since we are not ready to start this minute, shall we wait until the new patch is out?

Bluewolf cannot open the file ... same problem as usual.

I'm beginning to wonder if this game will ever start ... are we ever going to find 6 people who can open the files ?

I am totally out of ideas as to why some can open it and some cannot.

Just to confirm what I said in the RtW forum:

1. The new BtS patch is due soon (in the next week or two).
2. The new patch incorporates most of the add-on pack.
3. The add-on pack will be officially released straight after the BtS patch is out and will enable all the remaining parts of the add-on (such as Hitler and Hirohito to name a few things).
4. RtW Global Assault will be released shortly after the add-on is released.

So in the next few weeks I'm looking at having RtW finished with AOP1 & Global Assault. :)

Thanks for the update Dale.

I would say the best thing at the moment is to suspend this game until the BtS patch and the complete Add On Pack arrive.

The main reason is the possibility that the new patch and Add On may resolve the issues many of you are experiencing opening the save file.

Further, even if we were able to start the game now, once we update in a couple of weeks, the game would need to be restarted anyway.

Can I still play in this game? I will try and load the patch tonight and see if I can get the file to work.

Can I still play in this game? I will try and load the patch tonight and see if I can get the file to work.

As one of the original entrants, I'm happy to keep you in the lineup but due to the imminent BtS patch and complete Add On and the fact few people are able to open the file, I have decided to suspend things for the time being.

I'm hoping that the patch / add on update may resolve people's technical issues and allow the game to get going.

I would suggest you still try to open the original file I sent you and let me know what happens ... if it turns out that the patch / add on doesn't resolve the problems then I will start the game with those who can definately open it ... at the moment that stands as 3 of us - Krokodil, VeteranLurker and myself.

Thnx Dale for upddates, lets all wait till world map scenario with all same compartible newest patch updates!

A word of warning to any of you guys playing single player Europe '36 Hitler ...
patch 3.13 doesn't seem to be fully compatible with Beta Add On 3.

Any of my saves for Europe '36 Hitler all CTD when I try to load with 3.13.

Also, if you try to start a new game on Europe '36 Hitler, there is no option to play Germany at all.

Top Bottom