The Road To War PBEM (BTS Scenario)

Interested as well. Let me know if this develops.

Also, dibs on Germany if we're doing it that way.

I'm interested also. At this point I'd take Italy.

If we do Open Play, I think we need *many* more players. That would make Spain and Turkey and Sweden viable, along with the other minor countries. For me, if we only have 6 or so players, I'd prefer the Historical Mode with 'standard' countries/alliances (that way everyone knows what to expect, and when to expect it, and minimizes the chaos of dealing with AI countries which have no alliances). As we worked it out previously for the game that didn't get started, that would be: Germany/Finland, Italy, UK, France, USA/Norway (gives USA player something to do early on), and USSR. Before folks start positing lots of possibilities for combinations with the other minor allies, there is a hard-coded order of play that would only allow certain combinations to work (unless that has changed in the most recent upgrade to the mod) -- see the earlier threads.

Also, we'd have to make sure that we are all using the same version of the mod (the one for BTS 3.13). I've not yet upgraded to the most-recent one (1.2 beta3) but will do so shortly.

i'll take the uk

i began the process of unzipping/inserting the 1.2 beta 3 version last night but it seemed to take forever and i fell asleep - will check tonight to see if it was successful

so far it looks like...

veteran lurker = italy
krokodil = ussr
dwhee = germany
oiler = uk

i'll check to see if i can grab another player(give him dibs on usa & norway if those 2 are combo'd) - i'm ok w/ai chaos if others are - might make it more interesting to not know what is coming? but if you guys prefer historical, that's cool too

lutar = france (instead of usa/norway)

so this leaves a need for usa & norway unless we ai them

just like veteran i also prefer historical but either way is fine with me wichever majority going for. only question atm i have is wich year r we gonna start off 36 or 39?

krok

i'm ok either way on open vs historical - open just seems like it would be more dynamic in that you wouldn't know what was coming but this may be over-rated in my mind - lol

as for year, veteran lurker suggested that the 1938 option might be available in the beta 3 - we're not sure as we are both going to check it out tonight - if it is not available lurker's preference is for 1936 - i'm open as to which settings we use so 1936 is cool by me

I was involved in one of the previous games as Germany. My computer died and I screwed up the game. I have since gotten a laptop that runs civ even better. If you'll still have me, I'd also be interested in playing as whatever civ is available.

Sorry to be snippy but: Which part of "Please refer to the new thread" [reply #149 above] eluded you guys? Had you refered to that thread (which is the most-recent RTW PBEM attempt that I am aware of), or to the RTW developer's thread referenced there, you would have seen that RTW PBEM games are DOA until Dale/Someone comes up with a fix for loading savegame files. If you have a solution/workaround that actually works, please let everyone know in the other thread and we can then try to start a new game, thanks.

Top Bottom