1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Road to War Ultimate Edition for BtS 3.19

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by deanej, Jun 25, 2009.

1. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

It would make the file much larger.

2. deanej

deanej Chieftain

It isn't? Does Windows do something weird when it makes zip files?

3. The Flame8

The Flame8 Chieftain

Is their a regular zip file? I cant unzip with other programs

4. deanej

deanej Chieftain

It should already be a regular zip file. I created it with Windows and I don't think there's anything special about it. Does it work if you use the built-in stuff with Windows? I know Windows can have issues with large zip files but you don't even need to actually extract it to copy the folder.

5. The Flame8

The Flame8 Chieftain

It's ok with zip but and mod is working with background and everything, but when I go to play scenarios there is nothing there except the normal stuff! When I go into the folder it is ok and shoudl work and I click to load scenario and it gives me an error saying Faild to read the world builder file "c:/programfiles/fireaxis games/sid meir's civilization4/mods/Road to War/public maps/1936- global assault.civbeyondswordsave"
    I created the Road to War folder and deleted the one the zip gave me, should I try again without making my own folder?

6. The Flame8

The Flame8 Chieftain

NEver mind it worked. Thanks man for updating my favorite scenario

7. fireclaw722

fireclaw722 Imperial Guard

Okay, so I just noticed that the Draft prereq. was changed, I want to change it back, or relitively back, and I am asking how do I do that?

I know that the Civic Prereq is in the civicinfos.xml file, but where is the rest, if I'm told that I could figure it out... maybe...

8. legoman314

legoman314 Chieftain

I don't seem to be able to find the scenarios, or the maps when I launch the mod. They exist in th folder, though.:confused:

9. kiwitt

Select the scenarios, by by going to Custom scenarios and the mod will automatically load.

10. Bahmo

Bahmo Chieftain

I have a problem file. The game crashed on this turn, and when I load this file again, it crashes instantly. Please take a look at it. (Also, this might be an earlier version of the game. If this looks like an error common to older versions, and it's been fixed since then, please tell me.)

Attached Files:

11. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I can't get it far enough to even see what the error is. It looks like you're getting a ton of XML errors during loading the save or something similar and the sheer multitude of errors is causing the crash. Was this made with an older version? Saves aren't compatible across versions.

12. Bahmo

Bahmo Chieftain

It's the version that comes packaged with BTS, though presumably it might have been upgraded with some of the official patches.

13. deanej

deanej Chieftain

That would be why. Unlike the base game and official mods, RTW doesn't remain save game compatible between versions. To further complicate matters, I'm running UE, which is actually more recent than the version contained in 3.19 (which is actually add-on pack 2 with a fix from UE included).

14. Bahmo

Bahmo Chieftain

So should I download the Ultimate Editon and see if it works better?

15. kiwitt

Certainly get the Ultimate Edition 3.19 or mine which is also designed for 3.19.

NOTE: If you are going to install either, please ensure that you are follow my thread for installing Civ4 on Win7/Vista, it will save a lot of heartache later.

16. tipwong

tipwong Chieftain

I think the chinese army are too strong in the game ,they are yes numerous but they are mostly poorly equipped and trained at the time. The army that is directly under chiang's control is about 1/3 only. They should not be able to build aircraft because their planes in the entire war are from foreign countries.

17. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

Ok here I am I want to play a World War 2 game for a bit. I am getting bored of Total war and CiV still sucks. So it is back to Road to War, which I have not played in three years. What are the changes to the ultimate edition?

Tell me about the goods factory, it says you cannot build it in real event modes. I think I replay history anyway, I find that more interesting. In any case I had a rather slow computer last time I played RTW. I bet it will be awesome now.

18. kiwitt

You may want to try my versions as well. As mine is the more recent development of RtW.

19. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

Is there an updated version of the Pacific scenario?

20. kiwitt

Version 2.0 will have that. FNP has been doing some ship research for me, which is a great help.