The Road to War Ultimate Edition for BtS 3.19

I just dowloaded RTW UE, went into the unit art and put the Spanish Me109 into the Bf109 folder, it works! The Bf109 now has the Spanish Me109 skin (the one without national markings), I think it worked because the Spanish Me109 files are "grey messerschmitt" same as the originals.

I also tried fitting the Pzkpfw IV AusfG art files thingy's into the RTW Pzkpfw IV folder and it sort of worked, only problem is that the RTW Pzkpfw IV is an AusfH with armoured turret and side "skirts", so the AusG skin is stretched over it and looks a bit weird...

The reason I did it is because the Pzkpfw IV AusfH was a late war model, the AusfG looks right because it is nicely balanced visually between the old short barreled AusfF1 and the late war AusfH.

I now realize that the skin has to match the shape of the model lol. It worked on the Bf109 because the Spanish version is just a reskin of it, I'll try it out on a few more different units now.

My graphics are good enough to show some flags and units from VT and when I play RTW all civ's flags apear blank, on the other hand it does mean you have to concentrate more on identifying foreign units.

I am playing as the US with 39 turns left and when I finished my turn the game would not go on the next player. It did not matter if I pushed the green button or Shift + Enter. Any idea of what the issue might be ? I was kicking Stalin out of China and Siberia when it occured.

um, not sure if this is in the right forums, but when i try to unzip the folder, it says 'please insert last disk of multi-volume set...????????? i randomly inserted civ disks, but it still doesn't work when i click okay...????

Yes ... It may be the file was corupted in download.

Strange problem we've been having with the 3.19 UE mod. Every other event seems to work as intended, except the Spanish Civil War Event. Generalismo Franco get placed in charge of the overseas colonies, but the cities that are supposed to go to Franco at the outset never flip, and so the Nationalist Nation is destroyed the turn it is created. At first we thought it might have been something with the Random Historical, perhaps there was a chance that the civil war never really got going. But we've done it on Actual Historical as well, and none of the times (since 3.19 UE) has the Civil War worked. Now, the standard one with the 3.19 did have it work just fine. So, any ideas as to what could be the problem?

Here's one from the turn prior. Yes I did play the game as the Czechs, simply so I could get to this point faster...

I should mention, that I played it in full single player mode, and it worked as intended, but then tried it as Multiplayer and that's when it hasn't worked.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1936-July-Fortnight 1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    698.6 KB · Views: 127
When I load it from the save, the Civil War actually happens...

I tried it again changing the setting back from 0 to 1 and it didn't happen. I don't know, I guess I can leave it at 0 and have the other players do the same. Is that going to affect other games?

Ok, got the error to come up. Here's the screenshot of the python exception. All three of us had the error message and it was the same error message.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 175
Is it supposed to work as multiplayer ?

It is listed as such, it worked in 3.17, and that's the only event (up to Barbarossa, although to be honest the one time we got to Barbarossa, Vichy was never founded thanks to a successful deep strike on France by Italy) that throws the python error. We occasionally get OOS messages which appear to be related to Dale's Combat Mod, but other than that it runs very well.

Thanks for the heads up, re multplayer. I look into the issue in my version.

My version is based on the "original" RtW DLL and works OK via "Hot Seat" Play. So I'll see if the error comes up on mine when I do my testing.

Curiosity. My Mods folder is empty...yet I can run the Firaxis version of RtW just fine. Should I still install this version to said folder, then? Because it seemed important to replace the existing file. (It's just that said file isn't where this topic is telling me it should be, apparently.)

Of course. I should have realized that, and it was indeed the problem. Thank you for pointing out what should have been obvious to me.

Now I need to find a way to get my old RtW save file pre-3.19 (the version that came with commercial BtS 3.19) to work; it keeps crashing after a set amount of turns. Disappointing, since 3.19 corrupts the file.

3.19 actually corrects the load/save issue (of previous versions), so there is probably an incompatibility with it, in addition to trying to play a standard-RtW save game with RtW Ultimate.

Top Bottom