1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Romany in Civ4 ... and idea!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by scottrossi, Feb 18, 2007.

1. scottrossi

scottrossi Chieftain

I looked on the forums and didn't see anything about this, so here is my idea.

We mod the Romany ((aka Gypsies)) into the game as wandering workers, based around the mercenary model. You can hire them from the mercenary screen and there is a random chance at some point that they turn into settlers. Or I was also thinking that they are another "barbarian" or "minor" civ but only workers and they auto-spawn (if that's possible in python) and they are on auto and just wander the globe appearing at random in different territories building roads and whatnot.

I understand the romany weren't just "workers", but i can't see how we could incorporate their other divisions into the game. I would look forward to additional brainstorming on this and i should definately add that i would have no idea how to implement this, i just thought it was an interesting idea!

2. Jouda

Jouda .

Ehm, well, workers? I do not want to be racist but I would not say hard work is their predominant characteristic...

3. asioasioasio

asioasioasio Fallout Scrubber

:)

The should give some bonus to culture rather than to production - so the should work as "ripped" versoin of great artist - give +2 culture after joining city for example

4. Drogear

Drogear Prince

I fail to see that the gypsies would do for a civ game... perhaps they could act as an nusiance?