1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

The Rood and the Dragon scenario trouble

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Macintosh' started by nathanboyet, Jul 31, 2010.

1. nathanboyet

nathanboyet Chieftain

Hello,

I am trying to get The Rood and the Dragon scenario to run on my Macintosh computer. I have it downloaded and installed in the Conquests Game Data folder in the Conquests folder with a bunch of the other scenarios. However, whenever I try to start the game I get an error. (See screenshot)

I have tried another fix using Terminal that AlanH suggested for different scenarios but it doesn't seem to be helping like it did when I used it on Twilight of Byzantium.

Would anyone have any suggestions for fixing this?

Thanks in advance,

Attached Files:

2. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

I just looked in the RoR pediaicons.txt file & there is no line like that. Have you looked in the Rood thread to see if a patch or other fix was added in a later post?

3. nathanboyet

nathanboyet Chieftain

There is a patch on the download page and I downloaded the patch and installed it, back when I first installed the scenario. But it is not working. Thanks for the help though,

4. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

The fix I suggested for Alexander is likely to work for any other mod where the error message include 'CIV3PTW', but that is not the case here.

Civ3 Complete searched all its search path options for PediaIcons.txt files, looked in each of them in turn for ICON_BLDG_Metal, and failed. The error message probably just relates to the last file it tried.

I downloaded this mod, and confirmed that the ICON_BLDG_Metal entry *is* in its PediaIcons.txt file. So I put the Rood folder and the Rood.biq file into my /Applications/Civ III Complete/Conquests Game Data/Scenarios folder and tried it. It loaded and started a game.

So I looked for a way to reproduce your error, and one way I succeeded was to put the Rood folder *inside its enclosing unzipped folder* into the above location, along with the Rood.biq file. Maybe that's what you have done?

You should have:

/Applications/Civ III Complete/Conquests Game Data/Scenarios/

Inside this folder you should have Rood.biq and a folder called Rood.

Inside the Rood folder you should have Art/ and Text/ folders.

Hope this helps.

PS. I don't think the patch exists any more. The download on the first page of Plotinus' thread is for version 1.5, which includes all the fixes as at 2006.

5. nathanboyet

nathanboyet Chieftain

That was indeed a problem.

But I have since taken the folder named Rood out of the folder named Rood1 and put it in the Scenarios folder and it is still not working. I have made sure that the Scenarios folder have both a folder named Rood (with folders named Art and Text inside) and a .biq file named Rood.biq.

I will try re-downloading, maybe I screwed it up somehow.

Thanks so much for your help,

6. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Do you still get the same error?