The Rood and the Dragon - the Anglo-Saxon scenario

I have just got to about 750 AD and been hit by an error message about longships, after which the program exited! Is there a way to fix this?

Do you know precisely what the error was?

It sounds like it was failing to find the longship unit art, which is odd as you should have that as part of Conquests. Have a look in the Conquests unit folder and check that the longship is in there.

it says 'Load Error. File not found 'Art\Units\Longship\Longship.INI' . I have Civ 3 complete: Longship does not appear under the units for Civ 3 or Conquests, but does appear in the Middle Ages Scenario

it says 'Load Error. File not found 'Art\Units\Longship\Longship.INI' . I have Civ 3 complete: Longship does not appear under the units for Civ 3 or Conquests, but does appear in the Middle Ages Scenario

What I would do is copy the Longship folder from the Conquest scenario into The Rood and the Dragon art\units\ file. :)

My mistake, I knew it was there somewhere. I don't know why the scenario isn't finding the file, as it is set to look in the Middle Ages conquest folder. I'd do as Lord Malbeth suggests and simply copy the Longship folder over to the Rood one. Note that you should also copy the Longship pedia icons from the Middle Ages icons\units folder over to the corresponding place in the Rood folder. That should solve this problem, but I'm still puzzled over why it's not finding the files in the first place, as it should do.

All the pedia icons for the units used in the Conquests are already in the default pediaicons folder. The only things that aren't are the actual animations for some units (Fire Catapult, Longship, Spy, the Napoleonic units, the WWII in the Pacific units), and some of the icons for buildings/wonders.

burleyman: Are you using the US/UK version of the game ? If not ,you may have to use a language tool like "Goethes Tool" for the german version. There exist also a equal tool for the french version of the game.

copying the longship unit folder worked, thanks (except that I now have boatloads of berserkers landing on my pristine Northumbrian beaches!)

804 AD : Nuclear reactor blows up in Berwick, causing devastating pollution. Is this meant to be fire?

One of the things that impresses me most in this scenario is how the soundtrack really creates the proper mood. Sensational mod, even five years after release.

I' i m trying your scenario looks fantastic and awesome to create a scenario about Anglo-Saxons,that's one scenario that will take me ages to win joke ;)

Nice work Plotinus, Keep it going Buddy

Is accelerated production supposed to be on?

Also, sheesh, I am making towns pretty much just to build barrows to try and catch up to the Irish. They jumped to about 1500 in 30 turns... do they ever slow down? I cannot match 50 culture a turn, even to try and grab half of their culture.

Is accelerated production supposed to be on?

Yes, I think so.

Also, sheesh, I am making towns pretty much just to build barrows to try and catch up to the Irish. They jumped to about 1500 in 30 turns... do they ever slow down? I cannot match 50 culture a turn, even to try and grab half of their culture.

It's tricky at first, but it can be done. The key thing is not only to go for the culture-producing buildings but also get Pagan Thegns as quickly as possible and go to war. They can generate a lot of culture very quickly. After that, especially if you switch to Christianity and get many more culture-generating buildings, the Irish are much less of a threat.

Top Bottom