The Rood and the Dragon - the Anglo-Saxon scenario

Partizanac said:
with all of those units and graphic modepacks it should be an easy task.

Would that it were so. Even with the ready availability of numerous graphic game elements, putting it all together in something that first of all is interesting, and secondly works, is a difficult and time consuming chore. This is why in the Creation and Customization Forum you will see pages and pages of game proposals and games in development but very few actually completed and playable mods/scenarios.

Couple of hours? No way! It takes longer than that just to make a map. Now I can imagine a "short cut" way of making a scenario like that - you could take R8XFT's Anno Domini mod, make (or import) a Europe map, change the civs to those of the Middle Ages, place some cities, and start everyone off in the last age, and voila. That would be a very good way to learn modding, I think, and it wouldn't take very long since you wouldn't have to add units etc. But still, as I say, if there's a scenario you'd like to see made you should have a go at it.

Thank you! I've been waiting for this.
I will d/l as soon as I can.

Just when I finally win one in the older version
I get to start losing all over again, it appears.

I can't waits to play this.
Thanks again..

:goodjob:

While i am yet to get on the cIV bandwagon - do you have any plans of making a mod like this for it?

Sorry Loz - I don't have Civ IV and my computer won't run it. So if any scenario like this gets made for it, it won't be by me! Anyone who wants to try to make a Civ IV version of this scenario is welcome to do so, of course, provided they credit me for as much inspiration as they take from me.

No worrys mate - your work on this has provided more than TONS on entertainment- and im yet to try the final cut yet :)

Its silly to think i only found this mod in the first place because i was wanting a UK map!

#wanders off to hunt someone else down to make a cIV UK map. cIV needs more mods before i'll buy it! ;)

I just wanted to mention that I really love this mod (I'm a sucker for anything from this time period). Great attention to detail!

I'm sure this is not the modder's fault, however I am wondering if anyone else who has played this scenario (I'm addicted to it, I'm afraid) has run into this problem.
I tweaked the scenario with the editor to allow unlimited turns and the game usually crashes somewhere between turn #140 and 180.
I used a few tech forums to solve the problem, but now I get this error message that sounds like a pagefile problem or a problem in the Civ code. It reads :

Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library in Program: (Filepath)...Civ3Conquests.exe
Damage: after Normal Block (#2882644) at 0x0B707AE0

I searched numerous tech forums and the MS Knowledge DB, but couldn't find any match any closer than "Damage after Normal Block", all matches as such pointing to an actual code error and not a hardware or pagefile problem. Does anyone have any experience that points to a hardware (chipset?) problem or a pagefile problem?

I'm running a full Gig of RAM on XP, BTW. Has anyone else using this scenario run into this problem or one like it? Thanks.

That's a new one on me, Maccabee - I've had the odd incomprehensible error message with Civ now and again, but I don't think I've ever seen that. I'm pretty sure I've never encountered anything ghastly like that when testing this scenario, at any rate. I can't think why changing the number of turns - or indeed doing anything in the Editor - would have such an effect, so my instinct is to guess that in fact it's nothing to do with the scenario and it's just a coincidence that it began happening then - maybe!

Plotinus - Congratulations on a truly fabulous map and scenario! I was wondering if you could help me with something -- how did you get the "Rodd and the Cross" banner to appear at the top of your 1st post?

Thanks, GF! Glad you like it.

It took me a long time to work out how to show images in messages. You need to put something like "" (but without the quote marks). "myimage" is the link to your image. So in the case of that banner, it's "{IMG}http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/roodtitle.jpg{/IMG}" (but with square brackets rather than curly ones - square brackets made it just show the picture again!).

They could be put in the "High Middle Ages"with some new technologies or in "A New Nation"...

PS. when I try to play this updated "rood" Error occurs it says: error reading file could not find: ...\pediaicons.txt ...BLDG_Spirits or Spirit I cant remember :)

Top Bottom