1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Royal House of Lifespanius in Gorina

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: RPG' started by Cyc, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Both are still alive at 42 years of age. More later.

Stuck, as Mellita is still alive at 40 years of age, Too old to bear another child, I would think that the boy would stay with her in the upper Noble status. (btw, the marriage took place this morning in Noshuret (Rouge Sage thread).

2. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

OOC: You're right, Cyc. I was looking at the wrong characters.

3. Bootstoots

Honorius Peesea comes to a dinner being held at the palace of Prince and Princess of Gorina. Little did they know of his plan.

Honorius: I am proud to be a guest of Princess Helena and Prince Diutius. I salute them. However, if you’ll excuse me, I have to leave for a short while.

Honorius leaves their palace, where the dinner is being held. He meets with his warriors and his niece Cornelia, who had been told to march silently to a location behind the palace.

Honorius: My warriors, we will execute our plan as discussed.

Honorius motions for a group of four warriors and Cornelia to sneak around to a hut next door to the palace, whereas the rest of his force, including him, moves to the rear and waits. The warriors near the hut next door, including Cornelia, begin their part of the plan. The warriors begin creating a commotion on the road in front of the hut, and pretend to attack Cornelia.

Cornelia: Help! We are under attack! I am being assaulted!

The unit of legionaries that was to protect Helena and Diutius rushes out of the palace to help Cornelia and defend the city.

Honorius: Now we attack!

He leads his warriors into the rear entrance of the royal palace. Approximately twenty warriors rush into the hut, intent on killing the Prince and the Princess. They surround them and start to attack them with their axes. Their bodyguards are at the next house, fighting the four warriors, and no help for Helena and Diutius could possibly arrive in time to save the Prince and Princess.

OOC: Permission to kill was granted by Chieftess. Whether the assassination was successful or not is for Octavian to decide.

4. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

Ok. The boy is yours. Feel free to name him.

With that, Katie departs and heads to Penguinadua, her new home.

5. Cyc

@ Bootstoots - Just so you are aware, the Gorina Palace is no longer a hut. We are on the virge of perfecting Masonry. We have Granaries with walls. The Palace is very large with baths and walkways (as stated in previous posts). Also, not only do the Royal family have their personal guard with them at all times, the Jade Commandos are at the Palace. I doubt the personal guards at a dinner would give up their posts to run all the way outside to quell a disturbance. Nice try though. See you in the history books.

6. Bootstoots

OOC: Octavian will decide whether it was successful or not. I just wanted to spice up the storyline a bit. The Jade Commandos may be in the city, but they are not in the palace when the assassination takes place. Maximillian Gontsky went to the palace to procure a place to live, not to station his Jade Commandos there. Also, the soldiers may leave their posts, as they are probably on guard to protect against Nero Viviano, and they probably would have thought that he had finally decided to attack. In addition, the palace wouldn't be too grand, as we don't have masonry yet. I will change "hut" to "palace" in my post, however.

7. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Conflict Manager: First off, boots, I don't like the fact that you just fabricated a bunch of people following your character. If I had seen a group of actual characters organizing on the forums, I might've been more receptive in the following outcome...
    -------------------
    Honorius leads his group of twenty to the Palace of Gorina, intent on destroying the city's royals. Just as they break down the gate protected the residence, they find the contingent of warriors, previously raised by Atrous and placed under Diutius and Helena's control. A few were gone, checking out the previous distraction.

Without fear and with overconfidence, they charge into the waiting warriors. In the battle that ensues, 15 of the group are killed, 5 escape, and Honorius was captured. He is brought before Diutius...

8. Cyc

:mad: :groucho: "Hehehe...time for desert" :mischief: :flamedevi :cooool: "I think I'll consult the missus on this one. She may have an evil streak in her that I can draw from. Guards! Take this weasel to the dungeons."

9. Bootstoots

OOC: Oct, this was a military unit of warriors, owned by Honorius, not a bunch of NPC's following my character.

A group of seven warriors, the five that escaped plus two from the diversion, as well as Honorius's niece Cornelia, travel back to the Peesea house. They spot Julius Peesea, Honorius's nephew, back at the house.

Warrior: We were participating in an attack on Diutiutus and Helena, ordered by Honorius. His guards attacked us, and 15 of the attacking force plus two warriors in the diversion were killed, and Honorius was captured! We are the survivors.
    Julius: An assassination attempt? By my uncle? Why did he do this? You may come back to this house. I will try to build the remnants of this unit back up to normal strength. I will have to go to the palace of the Prince and Princess and proclaim that I had no part in this attack.

Julius goes to the Palace, where Diutius and Helena are angry and slightly shaken by the attempt on their lives.

Julius: Your Royal Highnesses, I decree that I had no part in this cowardly attack on your lives. Also, my sister Cornelia and the remaining warriors should not be blamed for this, as they were merely following orders from my insane uncle, who may have killed them if they disobeyed. Do what you wish to Honorius, but please recognize that he is the only one to blame for this disgraceful attack.

Meanwhile, in another part of the palace...

Honorius: Please don't do this to me! I'll do anything...
    Guard: Shut up! He kicks Honorius in the buttocks
    Honorius: Not the dungeon!

The guard roughly shoves Honorius into the dungeon below the palace, chains him to the wall, and leaves him there with some moldy bread and a pitcher of murky water.

10. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Caeser Jade arrives to the Lifespanius Palace with his 25 Solders

Prince Diutius Lifespanius: Hello, how may I help you?

Ceaser Jade: I am Flavinius Jadius Caeser, but you may call me Ceaser Jade. I am sent here to over see the protection of you and your Nobles. Ever since the assasination the Warlord has been a bit Jumpy and decided to have our Peace time duties protecting Nobles and other Dignitaries. I also hold the Rank of Centurian though a security force contains way less solders

Prince Diutius Lifespanius: Nice to meet you, Your first assignment would be to capture the assasin.

Ceaser Jade puts on his Roman Style Centurian Helmet and salutes to the Prince. and beguins to patrol the Palace

Ceaser Jade: That assasin has to be around here somewhere.

Soon he noticed that Honorius is sneeking away from the seen of the crime

Ceaser Jade: Halt, in the name of the Prince. I order you to stop. Guards get him.

The guards soon aprehended Honorius and sent him to the Dungen

11. Cyc

Well, good. Now that we've got Honorius in the dungeon, Julius... I've heard your plea, thank you for the explanaition, your are dismissed."

Noting that the assasination attempt kind of spiced up the normal goings on here at the Gorina Palace, Diutius feels good, maybe even a little younger. "More food, more wine for everyone. Especially the Jade Commandos".

Not being able to find the missus, Diutius confronts the Captain of the Guard, "Have you seen Queen Helena? She seems to have been frightened into hiding. We should have an all out search to find...wait a minute, cancel that order. Bring me some more wine!" :)

12. Bootstoots

Julius: I am the son of Agrippina, who died during childbirth. I would like myself and my sister Cornelia to be considered citizens of this fair city. I would like to be granted usage rights to some land, preferably land that produces shields, so that I can upgrade Honorius's old warrior unit, which I will take command of and build back up to its former strength. In other news, I will marry my sister Cornelia here in Gorina.
    OOC: Marriages between siblings were, of course, common during ancient times.

13. Cyc

As the sun rises over the hills, Diutius and Helena stand on the Patio area outside their bedroom, talking, thinking, and admiring the garden the children played in. One could get a clear view of Gorina Valley from there.

After a long pause Diutius speaks, "We have ruled Gorina for many years, Helena. We have always tried to be fair in our dealings with the people. We have always sought to protect them and make sure they were well feed. We have built this city up from a small town to one that could supply Fanatica with a Settler group. And we are now building the first Granary to store food in, so that our citizens lifespan will be longer. Yet, in our dungeons is a man who attempted to take our lives last night. A citizen of Gorina, no less" Diutius moves closer to Helena, "Do you think this is the first sign of unrest for the people as a whole, that could possibly encompass all of Fanatica?"

Helena lifts her still beautiful eyes in to the twilight rays of the morning and looks at Diutius, "What you say may hold more truth than you know. Fanatica is being ruled by the Royal Families, but the nation has been without a true Despot for sometime now, since the passing of Atrous and those that would have followed him. Perhaps it is time for you to claim the title."

"Yes, I have been thinking the same", Diutius nodded. "Very well then, today shall be the day when I make the announcement. We shall have a Despot once again."

14. Bootstoots

Julius: I will support you, Diutius, in your claim to the Despotism. If this requires combat against anybody, including Atrous's son, I will pledge my troops to the battle. You are the one who truly deserves to be the Despot. Also, I would like to announce that I recently married Cornelia in a private ceremony.

15. Cyc

Thank you, Julius. Your commitment to the Lifspanius Family is welcomed. Let us talk of your request for land afterwards.

16. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

h-e-l-e-n-a
    Hello my beloved husband.... i, the princess of gorina, would like to make the following announcement:

DUE TO THE RECENT DECEASING OF MY BELOVED FATHER, THE GREAT DESPOT ATROUS, I FINALLY GOT OWNERSHIP OF THE LANDS OF OUR FOREFATHERS

those lands are the 2 tiles surrounding gorina, but will hopefully expanded further to the south soon.
    at the moment, those lands will be guarded by our freshly raised legions and spearmen units.

additional notice:
    we need people building things! apllicants should state their request in here. we wont accept all applicants, but the most promising will be given land for usage (not that this does not include raising units or ownerhip on that lands. only peaceful creation of goods will be supported).

17. GenMarshall

Caeser Jade: Ahh, Diutius Lifespanius, I have been looking for you.

Diutius Lifespanius: Do you have anything to report Centurian?

Caeser Jade: Nothng much, Only that my Cusion, Mara Jade III is comming to visit me.

18. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Conflict Manager: boots, in response to to your early claim of control of a contingent of warriors: your control of the warriors was with a few strings attached. See this post by Plex for details. When Aza died, those warriors reverted to command of Atrous.

19. Bootstoots

Oct, those warriors were granted to Honorius according to this post by Plexus, which was made after the post you stated and overrules the first one, clearly stating that the warrior unit would pass to Honorius after Aza's death.

20. GenMarshall

Ceaser Jade runs in the halls searching for Diutius Lifespanius

Ceaser Jade: Diutius Lifespanius! Diutius Lifespanius!

Diutius Lifespanius: What is it?

Ceaser Jade: Its Little Italy

Diutius Lifespanius: Oh, I know about thoes Rebels. Taking my land from left to right.

Ceaser Jade: With your permision sir, I would like to have the Jade Commandos take down the leader. Since I personaly would like to get him.

Diutius Lifespanius: Hmm, and what would you want in return?

Ceaser Jade: a Small Parcel of Land to take care of and build my house in, and also a Title of Nobility.

Diutius Lifespanius: Hmm, let me think about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.