[RD] The Russia News Thread

Oh!

What an unnecessary provocation.
It's a private thing. A war veteran's association put that thing up — Donbas, Aydar and Above battalions it seems. I think by now one should expect provocation from those guys.

It's not like it's an official Ukranian war monument or anything.

But it's a BIG hit with RT and Sputnik and the like over in Russia, since it feeds perfectly into their narratives of stupid, fascist Ukranians. One CAN at all times rely on these kinds of things to be played up to the hilt in Russia.

According to wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief...ligence_of_the_Ministry_of_Defence_of_Ukraine
In 2016 there was an official press conference where a new emblem was supposedly introduced. The emblem (logo) has not been officially adopted however.
Website of the directorate does not seem to feature it either: http://gur.mil.gov.ua/en.html
Besides, background on the photo is quite clearly CGI. I suppose it could be a huge screen behing Poroshenko, but I'm like 95% sure it is just Photoshop.

EDIT: Or maybe not: http://uaposition.com/latest-news/ukrainian-Military-Intelligence-logo-upsetting-kremlin-explained/

Last edited:
Seriously?
And what about this? :)
By the look of things, Photoshop and certain Russian hopefulness about congenital Ukrainian idiocy?

By the look of Russian television, at least the politics and current affairs programming, Russia is by now stuck on Ukrainie. Just as Ukraine is stuck on Russia. Sort of predictable, when you have a de facto low-intensity war between two countries, never mind if its undeclared.

Guys, you are funny.

Spoiler :

Quite a lot of photoshopped pictures all over the internet including Ukrainian sites, isn't it? :)

By the look of things, Photoshop and certain Russian hopefulness about congenital Ukrainian idiocy?
Note that it wasn't me who labeled it as fascism and idiocy. But if you insist, I'll probably agree.

By the look of Russian television, at least the politics and current affairs programming, Russia is by now stuck on Ukrainie.
What Russian TV programs do you watch? Because last time I watched news I didn't notice that it was "stuck" on Ukraine. USA or Syria are much more often mentioned in the news.

Guys, you are funny.

Spoiler :

Quite a lot of photoshopped pictures all over the internet including Ukrainian sites, isn't it? :)
Yes, and you clearly pay them attention.

Which is kind of the point. Neither the Russians nor Ukrainians are getting out of the current, uncomfortable, embrace of each other anytime soon.

For me it's kind of natural, since I'm Russian by citizenship and mixed Russian and Ukrainian by ethnicity.
What makes you pay so much attention to Russia and trying to disprove "photoshop" images, is less clear.

Which is kind of the point. Neither the Russians nor Ukrainians are getting out of the current, uncomfortable, embrace of each other anytime soon.
So we agree this is not photoshop as it was claimed a few posts ago?

So we agree this is not photoshop as it was claimed a few posts ago?
It's PhotoShop. But it is telling that at least enough Russians 1) doesn't think it is, since apparently 2) they either really think Ukranians are idiots, or at least would like them to be.

If Ukraine is a joke as a nation and a state on the Russian side of the border, the clearly the more unrealistically absurdly it behaves the more that confirms that it is a joke, that's it's not real, that it's just made up as a state and that there is no Ukranian nation per se. And in the current era of how Russia behaves, it doesn't really matter if any of THAT made up or not. It's all good, it's all on the same level, it's all interchangeable opinion really. And this is good in Russia, so then it's clearly "true-enough-for-Russians".

So we can assume IN RUSSIA this is "not photoshop", since that is desirable there. Whatever relation that might have to anything else is beside the point and of no consequence in Russia.

Which is of course why all other nations should treat Russia, as it currently is, as a pariah to be touched only when necessary with a ten-foot-pole.

It's PhotoShop. But it is telling that at least enough Russians 1) doesn't think it is, since apparently 2) they either really think Ukranians are idiots, or at least would like them to be.
It was published in Ukrainian TV and newspapers. Funny that you are still in denial.

The inscription on top of the emblem is "Ukraine above all".

Putin's proganda office sure does like making fake videos and pictures.
May be it does, but what made Ukrainian TV and news sites publish these "fakes" as genuine info is less clear. Probably it wasn't fake after all :lol:

Last edited:
Nyet, tavarishch!
Tambovsky Wulf, tavarishch. Wait, you ARE a wolf. No questions asked.

It's PhotoShop.
Interesting, but nothing new. Yeekim has already provided you with an article that might change your mind and red_elk has come up with a video. A video with the president of Ukraine and his very same logo in the background. Video comes from a TV channel registered in Ukraine. Rest assured it won't be up for a long time if wasn't official. You are welcome to view what you see or not according to your particualr belifs. Thats concerning this particular topic.

But it is telling that at least enough Russians 1) doesn't think it is, since apparently 2) they either really think Ukrainians are idiots, or at least would like them to be.
I think you are having a larger debate on this than the nature of those pictures and images. These images are from all over the internet, including from Ukrainian sites. I'm not quite sure who you think the idiots are in this...

And just a year and a half later:

"A controversial Russian artist who was granted political asylum in France has been arrested after setting fire to a bank in central Paris, police say.
Petr Pavlensky was held early on Monday as firefighters tackled two blazes on the facade of Banque de France, in Place de la Bastille.
It is not clear what his intention was, but the self-proclaimed political artist was quoted as saying that "the bankers taken the place of monarchs".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41650245

All of a sudden, France didn't appreciate political performance act in Paris as much as when it was in Moscow :lol:

I love it when hypocrisy gets exposed. Unfortunately some people have chosen to blindly "take a side" and deny any facts that contradict their view of the world.

The inscription on top of the emblem is "Ukraine above all".

Clearly it should say Germany ?
Wasnt this logo released more then 1 year ago ? All the western news articles date this back to Oct 2016

Clearly it should say Germany ?
Wasnt this logo released more then 1 year ago ? All the western news articles date this back to Oct 2016
Yes, it was.
At least somebody did his own research instead of dismissing it as photoshop.

It's a bit sad how the logic that ‘your side has flaw X so I'm automatically correct about everything and superior in every which way’ is applied by many people.
Tambovsky Wulf, tavarishch. Wait, you ARE a wolf. No questions asked.
Kurwa! I of being discoverings!

There isn't anything political nor artistic about his performances. He is obviously a junkie who lost his mind a while ago and is long overdue for extensive treatment.
To be fair, you need to have a solid grasp of the Russian history, society, and culture to understand Petr Pavlensky's art and its relevance.

For instance, there is a Russian parable about a dog sitting on an iron nail. Although the dog whimpers from pain, it sits and sits and sits on the nail forever. The lesson of this parable is that the dog is hurting enough to howl from the pain, but not enough to get up and move.

When Petr nailed his scrotum to the Red Square, it was a modified allusion to the dog parable: the Russian people as a whole sitting on a nail but being unwilling to get up. However, his act symbolizes not just the unwillingness of the Russian people to rise up, but also the fact that in many ways they are simply unable to do so because the iron fist of the state shatters any attempt of opposition or political movement.

Additionally, he created a precedent where the police and the passersby did not know how to react and what to do, effectively putting everyone is a state of confusion and social stupor. The shock factor elucidated the empathy or lack thereof from the Russian people, therefore exposing the national mentality of indifference and anger.

And when they put him in the psychiatric institution? I am sure he expected that and in fact wanted to be put there. Why? Because in USSR dissidents were always sent away to Siberia or put in mental institutions to be drugged to the point where their consciousness suffered and their political activism vanished. It was done with the simple goal of neutralizing any organized movement by the people, and when the modern Russian government puts a political dissident in a mental asylum, they effectively re-enact the Soviet methods of dealing with "enemies of the state." Again, Petr exposes the horrifying crimes of the Russian state with his acts.

Although quite extreme, Petr Pavlensky's genius continues to inspire intellectuals and activists in Russia and abroad.

Top Bottom