1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[RD] The Russia News Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Agent327, Feb 7, 2016.

1. s0nny80y

s0nny80y King

mh17 could have been an espionage recon platform scoping out russian positions
    mh17 could have been turned into a jet fuel laden missile

2. Mechanicalsalvation

Mechanicalsalvation -

The Russians had no reason to fear neither and there is no way Russia could profit out of downing that plane either. The other side, the west-sponsored coup, however is a different story...

3. red_elk

red_elk Deity

In reality no, they will lose it or deliver it a month later than suppose to. Just like Australia post. But they won't demand money for it.

4. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Which goes to prove plenty of information is available. One just has to go look for it. As any investigative reporter would. But apparently, investigative journalism is 'a joke'. If that's the best argument you have, it's not a very good one. But wait, we can suggest they are being paid by... (fill in the dots) This reminds me of some of the responses on the previous report: nothing of substance, but highly suggestive.

What's clear from your comment is that you have nothing to criticize on the content of the report. That doesn't make the report a joke, but it does make your comment one.

5. ReindeerThistle

ReindeerThistle Zimmerwald Left

Thanks. RT is a great source. Good to know. Thanks, REDY.

6. Mechanicalsalvation

Mechanicalsalvation -

I will say it second time. Investigation based in social media as opposed to collecting and analysing hard data and evidence is a joke becouse its someting esily to be falsified. The report of that kind of investigation in the age of propaganda war has exactly a value and credibility of propaganda.

Here in case you are interested to hear the other sides story:
    http://redpilltimes.com/15-minutes-...over-internet-by-real-experts-and-scientists/

And yes bellingcat is a joke:

7. Mechanicalsalvation

Mechanicalsalvation -

So who is paying for bellingcat? Watch the video ending with the ex CIA:

Link to video.

Just admit it. You have been fooled by the set up desinformation tool of US and mainstream media propaganda. Self-taught weapons expert to whom everybody listens? Yeah, right. Lol.

8. s0nny80y

s0nny80y King

9. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Given such references as 'how Reagan won the Cold war' (a rather persistent myth) and 'how Reagan used oil to win the Cold War'(?) the 'analysis' seems rather superficial. It Also ignores the fact that Mr Trump and Mr Putin are on rather friendly terms.

Feel free to say it a third time. Your comment doesn't criticize any content.

It more seems your comments are, as we haven't heard a thing about what would be incorrect about either report.

10. Mechanicalsalvation

Mechanicalsalvation -

Besides the critique from actual professionals in the field? No need to criticise fables and fairy tales...

If the methods are incorrect I have no illusion about the results.

11. s0nny80y

s0nny80y King

i stand corrected

12. Oerdin

Oerdin Deity

I get so tired of hear that disproven propaganda lie. The West didn't carry out any coup in the Ukraine and the people were upset about rampant corruption, a declining standard of living, and that the government was selling the country to Russia out of a desire to get cash from the Russian dictator. That is the facts. The Russian dictator immediately cropped his pants because he did not like the idea of rising up to depose a corrupt authoritarian government in a culture so close to Russians own. That was not an example Put in could allow to be a success least the Russian people also decide to depose their corrupt authoritarian government.

13. Mechanicalsalvation

Mechanicalsalvation -

So you want to expose propaganda through cock-and-bull story? Interesting approach. Where do you get the idea that its the Russians who want to depose Putin?

I can back up the "propaganda" but can you back up your cock-and-bull story about the Russian dictator?

14. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

So after kicking out the previous group of corrupt oligarchs, Ukraine ended up with a new group of corrupt oligarchs, a collapsing economy, and a festering war in the east.
    So, progress?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35481699

15. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

People, this is not the Ukraine News Thread. There's a separate thread for discussion of the Ukraine.

Meanwhile, in Russia one year after the Nemtsov assasination, while tens of thousands marched through downtown Moscow to commemorate the assassination:

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2016/02/26/world/europe/26reuters-russia-nemtsov.html

And while a trial is expected this year for the suspected murderers arrested shortly immediately after the killing

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/02/25/world/europe/ap-eu-russia-nemtsov-anniversary.html

While the suspected murderers are linked to Mr Kadyrov, the Kremlin approved Chechen leader, Mr Kadyrov is free to usher threats against opposition members, terming them "enemies of the people" - and worse. Mr Kadyrov, meanwhile, has continually denied any connection to the murder, even though one of them was an officer of his paramilitary force.

16. ReindeerThistle

How many moments of silence does Congress give for the killings of:
    Fred Hampton
    MLK
    Huey Newton
    Malcolm X

The Moscow march fo Nemstov happened without police beating or shooting protestors

Even non-Communist Russia better place to live than US!

17. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I was unaware those murders also happened one year ago today. Meanwhile back in Russia RT News reports

https://www.rt.com/politics/333863-kadyrov-resignation-chechen-republic/

(I don't quite follow the 'leaking' of an opposition report by Kadyrov. It was published, was reported earlier.)

18. ReindeerThistle

They didn't do moments of silence, then, either.

It is rather naïve of the American, sorry "Russian" opposition to think they would get any quarter from the current Russian government. CP has 300,000 members and a crap-ton of seats in the Duma and they can't catch a break.

19. Daw

Daw Emperor

1.4 tens of thousans exactly. According to the organizers, there were 14 356 participants. The police gives about 1/2 of that, which corresponds to the organizers' figures at the moment of the beginning of the event.

In a 15 million people city, it actually matches my feel of how much people actually care about Nemtsov here: more than about an average citizen, but not that much more.

In fact, I support that. I mean, the Parliament is not for that, right? Churches and temples are. Cemeteries, too. Parliament is just about something else; it's about lawmaking, not mourning. Personally, I've always felt uneasy about any public mourning. It's a very private, inner and intimate thing, not meant for public display. Making a show of it feels wrong and false to me. So I can't approve that move of Mr.Gudkov.

On top of that, Mr.Gudkov himself is a much controversial character. Although I do support some of his suggestions (e.g. the "none of them" vote option and no survival period for plagiary claims in theses), the guy is clearly in a wrong company. Being Gudkov Jr., with his father, a former KGB officer, also a polititian who was booted out of the Parliament for alleged corruption and known to have bought an aparment in London for 2.5 million pounds, Dmitry Gudkov is an example of cronysm FriendlyFire was asking about recently.

Moreover, his brother is running a debt collecting agency, and their mother is a top manager of a security company ("money and the power, power and the money"(c)).

Cool family, eh?

I admit there's nothing wrong with people doing business. But since we're talking about politicians, I'd prefer their business to be less.. emm.. associated with badass things. I'd love them running a flower shop and a dairy farm, for example.

Really, I'd love even more if his brother was a doctor and his mother was a teacher. But with family like that, I have a sneaky feeling that fixing the country is rather low on his list of priorities. If at all.

And with that background he suggests a show off of grief for a guy whose political death pre-dated his physical death by at least a decade? Sincerely? No, I don't buy it.

I think it's just that he hasn't been amid any scandal for about a year already and it was a handy way to remind of himself. Had no better ideas on how to do it, apparently.

20. REDY

REDY Duty Caller

Well it would be good gesture that pro-democracy guys are Russians too.