[RD] The Russia News Thread

mh17 could have been an espionage recon platform scoping out russian positions
mh17 could have been turned into a jet fuel laden missile

mh17 could have been an espionage recon platform scoping out russian positions
mh17 could have been turned into a jet fuel laden missile

The Russians had no reason to fear neither and there is no way Russia could profit out of downing that plane either. The other side, the west-sponsored coup, however is a different story...

Sorry but bellingcat "investigation" is a joke. They work with open sources with social media and so on.

Which goes to prove plenty of information is available. One just has to go look for it. As any investigative reporter would. But apparently, investigative journalism is 'a joke'. If that's the best argument you have, it's not a very good one. But wait, we can suggest they are being paid by... (fill in the dots) This reminds me of some of the responses on the previous report: nothing of substance, but highly suggestive.

What's clear from your comment is that you have nothing to criticize on the content of the report. That doesn't make the report a joke, but it does make your comment one.

I am trying to learn Russian now through RT http://learnrussian.rt.com, however I still havent got email for registration, even when I put Yandex email. Its not in spam/trash etc category, just no email. Any suggestion?

Otherwise I think that RT is awesome Russia news site for english speakers and these who want to improve their Russian. Little biased ofc.

Thanks. RT is a great source. Good to know. Thanks, REDY.

Which goes to prove plenty of information is available. One just has to go look for it. As any investigative reporter would. But apparently, investigative journalism is 'a joke'. If that's the best argument you have, it's not a very good one. But wait, we can suggest they are being paid by... (fill in the dots) This reminds me of some of the responses on the previous report: nothing of substance, but highly suggestive.

What's clear from your comment is that you have nothing to criticize on the content of the report. That doesn't make the report a joke, but it does make your comment one.
I will say it second time. Investigation based in social media as opposed to collecting and analysing hard data and evidence is a joke becouse its someting esily to be falsified. The report of that kind of investigation in the age of propaganda war has exactly a value and credibility of propaganda.

There are signs that der Spiegel has got a little intimidated by the negative reader comments concerning der Spiegel’s continued reliance on Bellingcat’s ‘research’. Now der Spiegel discloses that one of the person’s working on the case of the alleged Russian fake MH17 radar pictures, was a former Stasi collaborator named Olaf Neitsch, who worked under the nick Timmi Allen. The Stasi was the intelligence agency of the communist GDR of former fame.
Here in case you are interested to hear the other sides story:
On the strength of a technical study of the aircraft damage Almaz-Antey claims MH17 was shot down by a BUK missile of a type not made in Russia since 1999.Almaz-Antey claims the BUK was launched from near the settlement of Zaroschshenskoe, which is in the area where the Russian satellite imagery show a Ukrainian BUK missile launcher present on the day of the tragedy.

Almaz-Antey rules out on technical grounds any possibility of MH17 having been shot down by a BUK missile launched from Snizhnoe, which is the theory favored by those who say MH17 was shot down by the militia.
http://redpilltimes.com/15-minutes-...over-internet-by-real-experts-and-scientists/

And yes bellingcat is a joke:
SPIEGEL ONLINE: Bellingcat says its findings are based on the use of the analysis tool FotoForensic.com, a website.

Kriese: And its founder Neal Krawetz also distanced himself from Bellingcat's conclusions on Twitter. He described it as a good example of "how to not do image analysis." What Bellingcat is doing is nothing more than reading tea leaves. Error Level Analysis is a method used by hobbyists.

So who is paying for bellingcat? Watch the video ending with the ex CIA:

Link to video.

Just admit it. You have been fooled by the set up desinformation tool of US and mainstream media propaganda. Self-taught weapons expert to whom everybody listens? Yeah, right. Lol.

Given such references as 'how Reagan won the Cold war' (a rather persistent myth) and 'how Reagan used oil to win the Cold War'(?) the 'analysis' seems rather superficial. It Also ignores the fact that Mr Trump and Mr Putin are on rather friendly terms.

I will say it second time. Investigation based in social media as opposed to collecting and analysing hard data and evidence is a joke becouse its someting esily to be falsified. The report of that kind of investigation in the age of propaganda war has exactly a value and credibility of propaganda.

Feel free to say it a third time. Your comment doesn't criticize any content.

And yes bellingcat is a joke:

It more seems your comments are, as we haven't heard a thing about what would be incorrect about either report.

Feel free to say it a third time. Your comment doesn't criticize any content.
Besides the critique from actual professionals in the field? No need to criticise fables and fairy tales...

It more seems your comments are, as we haven't heard a thing about what would be incorrect about either report.
If the methods are incorrect I have no illusion about the results.

The Russians had no reason to fear neither and there is no way Russia could profit out of downing that plane either. The other side, the west-sponsored coup, however is a different story...

I get so tired of hear that disproven propaganda lie. The West didn't carry out any coup in the Ukraine and the people were upset about rampant corruption, a declining standard of living, and that the government was selling the country to Russia out of a desire to get cash from the Russian dictator. That is the facts. The Russian dictator immediately cropped his pants because he did not like the idea of rising up to depose a corrupt authoritarian government in a culture so close to Russians own. That was not an example Put in could allow to be a success least the Russian people also decide to depose their corrupt authoritarian government.

I get so tired of hear that disproven propaganda lie. The West didn't carry out any coup in the Ukraine and the people were upset about rampant corruption, a declining standard of living, and that the government was selling the country to Russia out of a desire to get cash from the Russian dictator. That is the facts. The Russian dictator immediately cropped his pants because he did not like the idea of rising up to depose a corrupt authoritarian government in a culture so close to Russians own. That was not an example Put in could allow to be a success least the Russian people also decide to depose their corrupt authoritarian government.

So you want to expose propaganda through cock-and-bull story? Interesting approach. Where do you get the idea that its the Russians who want to depose Putin?

I can back up the "propaganda" but can you back up your cock-and-bull story about the Russian dictator?

So after kicking out the previous group of corrupt oligarchs, Ukraine ended up with a new group of corrupt oligarchs, a collapsing economy, and a festering war in the east.
So, progress?

BBC said:
Ukraine's economy minister Aivarus Abromavicius has resigned in protest at the slow pace of reform in the country.

He said he did not want to provide "cover" for widespread government corruption.

President Petro Poroshenko brought Mr Abromavicius from Lithuania to help spearhead Ukraine's reform campaign.

But two years after their pro-Western revolution, many Ukrainians say there has been little change and their country remains mired in corruption.

Mr Abromavicius, a 40-year-old ex-banker from Lithuania, was one of several non-Ukrainian experts brought in to help tackle abuses after pro-Russian President Viktor Yanukovych was toppled in February 2014 and Mr Poroshenko was elected president.

His predecessor as economy minister, Pavlo Sheremeta, also resigned in frustration.

Mr Abromavicius complained that officials had actively placed obstacles in his way, even alleging that members of President Poroshenko's administration were blocking him.

He spoke of systematic and concrete actions aimed at paralysing reforms, "ranging from a sudden removal of my security detail to the pressure to appoint questionable individuals to my team or to key positions in state-owned enterprises".

He even named an MP from the president's party, Igor Kononenko, accusing him of trying to obstruct his team's efforts and of seeking to influence key appointments in state companies.

Mr Kononenko reacted by suggesting that some ministers appeared to be trying to "switch personal responsibility away from their own guilt and that of their teams, and on to MPs".

Mr Abromavicius's decision is a stinging condemnation of Ukraine's government, says the BBC's David Stern in Kiev. If his resignation is confirmed by parliament, it would be a heavy blow to a country still mired in corruption, he adds.

After submitting his resignation, the minister met President Poroshenko who urged him to stay.

"He has now left to deliberate," Mr Poroshenko wrote on Facebook, adding that Ukraine's anti-corruption bureau would investigate his complaint. Mr Kononenko had also agreed to co-operate, he said.

"The sooner society has answers to the questions, the better," Mr Poroshenko said.

Ten Western ambassadors in Kiev expressed disappointment at the resignation, in a statement praising the "tough but necessary economic reforms" implemented by his team in the past year.

They called on Ukraine's leaders to "set aside their parochial differences" and press ahead with further changes.

Among the foreign officials brought in to tackle corruption in Ukraine was Georgian ex-President Mikheil Saakashvili, who was given the job of governor of the southern region of Odessa.

At the end of last year, President Poroshenko could only look on as a meeting of the National Council for Reforms turned into a slanging match between Mr Saakashvili and Interior Minister Arsen Avakov, as they traded accusations of corruption and populism.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35481699

People, this is not the Ukraine News Thread. There's a separate thread for discussion of the Ukraine.

Meanwhile, in Russia one year after the Nemtsov assasination, while tens of thousands marched through downtown Moscow to commemorate the assassination:

Russian Parliament Rejects One Minute Silence for Slain Kremlin Critic Nemtsov

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2016/02/26/world/europe/26reuters-russia-nemtsov.html

And while a trial is expected this year for the suspected murderers arrested shortly immediately after the killing

Year After Nemtsov Killing , Russian Opposition Under Threat

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/02/25/world/europe/ap-eu-russia-nemtsov-anniversary.html

While the suspected murderers are linked to Mr Kadyrov, the Kremlin approved Chechen leader, Mr Kadyrov is free to usher threats against opposition members, terming them "enemies of the people" - and worse. Mr Kadyrov, meanwhile, has continually denied any connection to the murder, even though one of them was an officer of his paramilitary force.

How many moments of silence does Congress give for the killings of:
Fred Hampton
MLK
Huey Newton
Malcolm X

The Moscow march fo Nemstov happened without police beating or shooting protestors

Even non-Communist Russia better place to live than US!

I was unaware those murders also happened one year ago today. Meanwhile back in Russia RT News reports

'My time is past': Chechen strongman leader Kadyrov announces he is stepping down

Ramzan Kadyrov, whose tenure as the President of the Chechen Republic expires in April, said he would step down from his office and end his political career. Earlier Kadyrov leaked an opposition report that called him a threat to Russia's security.

https://www.rt.com/politics/333863-kadyrov-resignation-chechen-republic/

(I don't quite follow the 'leaking' of an opposition report by Kadyrov. It was published, was reported earlier.)

I was unaware those murders also happened one year ago today.
They didn't do moments of silence, then, either.

It is rather naïve of the American, sorry "Russian" opposition to think they would get any quarter from the current Russian government. CP has 300,000 members and a crap-ton of seats in the Duma and they can't catch a break.

Meanwhile, in Russia one year after the Nemtsov assasination, while tens of thousands marched through downtown Moscow to commemorate the assassination
1.4 tens of thousans exactly. According to the organizers, there were 14 356 participants. The police gives about 1/2 of that, which corresponds to the organizers' figures at the moment of the beginning of the event.

In a 15 million people city, it actually matches my feel of how much people actually care about Nemtsov here: more than about an average citizen, but not that much more.

Russian Parliament Rejects One Minute Silence
In fact, I support that. I mean, the Parliament is not for that, right? Churches and temples are. Cemeteries, too. Parliament is just about something else; it's about lawmaking, not mourning. Personally, I've always felt uneasy about any public mourning. It's a very private, inner and intimate thing, not meant for public display. Making a show of it feels wrong and false to me. So I can't approve that move of Mr.Gudkov.

On top of that, Mr.Gudkov himself is a much controversial character. Although I do support some of his suggestions (e.g. the "none of them" vote option and no survival period for plagiary claims in theses), the guy is clearly in a wrong company. Being Gudkov Jr., with his father, a former KGB officer, also a polititian who was booted out of the Parliament for alleged corruption and known to have bought an aparment in London for 2.5 million pounds, Dmitry Gudkov is an example of cronysm FriendlyFire was asking about recently.

Moreover, his brother is running a debt collecting agency, and their mother is a top manager of a security company ("money and the power, power and the money"(c)).

Cool family, eh?

I admit there's nothing wrong with people doing business. But since we're talking about politicians, I'd prefer their business to be less.. emm.. associated with badass things. I'd love them running a flower shop and a dairy farm, for example.

Really, I'd love even more if his brother was a doctor and his mother was a teacher. But with family like that, I have a sneaky feeling that fixing the country is rather low on his list of priorities. If at all.

And with that background he suggests a show off of grief for a guy whose political death pre-dated his physical death by at least a decade? Sincerely? No, I don't buy it.

I think it's just that he hasn't been amid any scandal for about a year already and it was a handy way to remind of himself. Had no better ideas on how to do it, apparently.

Well it would be good gesture that pro-democracy guys are Russians too.

Top Bottom