The save file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your mod fo

The Profleth

Chieftain
(title) "The save file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not been changed"
I had a couple of save games from next war advanced v4 and after at one point unplugging the computer by accident (civ4 was NOT running) all of my auto saves are gone :confused: but the main problem is the recent games (the last 3 atleast) can not be loaded because I get "The save file you have selected is protected". I have set all of the folders to allow all actions by me and set them not to be read only in both the save game folders and civ4 and civ4 bts, I am running Vista 32 and have a NTFS format hardrive. I have not access or edited any files and have even reinstalled the game. Is there a way to unlock or unprotect the files, also I may of picked the no cheating mode if that is any help. I am attaching 3 saved games from the last game I was playing
(btw I do not want to start a new game because I am doing really good early on and I really like the position I am in)

Attachments

• TheProfileth AD-0520.CivBeyondSwordSave
    386.3 KB · Views: 252
  • TheProfileth BC-0160.CivBeyondSwordSave
    278.4 KB · Views: 99
this error message is due to the lock modified assets (no cheat) option - and something is now different in your install than previously (was it the exact same version of that mod?).
Unfortunately its not possible to open the game without having the exact same setup of the mod :sad:

Sorry for gravedigging this thread, but I thought it might be helpful to folks if somebody consolidated the collected fixes for this problem as a lot of people seem to encounter it.

Again, this is for people who get a crash to desktop (CTD) when they load a multiplayer game with a Mod installed. An error message quickly flashes, too fast to read that says "The save file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not been changed"

Here is what I think is wrong. Click this link to see if it matches your problem, and then read post #15 for the solution.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=470236

You must check to be sure that the Mod is in the BTS/Mods folder and not present in the "My Games" folder. Check your My Games folder on your computer. It will probably be in a folder named whatever your username is on your computer. It is probably in the same folder as your "My Documents"

In the "My Games" folder, there should be a folder that says Firaxis or Steam, then a Folder for Civ 4 then BTS. In the BTS folder there is a Mods folder. The Mod must not be in this "My Games" folder or any subfolder of "My Games". The Mod must only be in the C:/Program Files/Firaxis/Civ4/BTS/Mods folder.

Another thing it might be is that you have the Blue Marble add-on or something else in your "Custom Assets" folder. Remove it and the game should work. Click this link to see if it matches your problem and read post #7 for the solution.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=233874

The last thing I have seen is that Norton Antivirus causes the problem and that uninstalling then reinstalling Norton fixes it. Here is a link:
http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showt...d=5586&page=11 Read post #104 to see if it matches your problem and post #106 to see the solution.

Top Bottom