1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Scenarios Spoilt

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by loocas, Sep 4, 2009.

1. loocas

loocas Chieftain

I've had enough with tip-toeing around scenario spoilers. Here's a FFH parody of the "Spoilt" t-shirt.

Spoilers for all the scenarios :lol::
    Spoiler :

Giant version also attached. Lemme know what you think. Design feedback very welcome.

2. cypher132

cypher132 Chieftain

Spoiler :
    Uhhh..Talia sleeps with Duin Halfmorn.

3. TC01

TC01 Chieftain

Spoiler Scenario Storyline Change :
    Have you played Wages of Sin? I quote you this text from my handy CIV4GameText_FFH2.xml file, both Malakim and Calabim:

4. cypher132

cypher132 Chieftain

Never got there with the Malakim. Disregard.

5. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Chieftain

While I laughed, and loved it, I must also point out that Keelyn is only one possibility for hell's conqueror. Well, she's the only one who actually conquers it, seeing as all the other civ's plans involves "cleanse, purge, kill," but yeah. I dunno, though; the Mercurians charge into Hell proper, which might leave a Keelyn-sized power vacuum, and the other civs might not be as eager as the Balseraphs to establish a permanent presence. "This vile place? Yeah, we're done cleansing it. Released all the souls that need releasing and such. You can keep what's left. Crazy mother. .. .. .. .ers."

6. kenkrajen

kenkrajen Chieftain

so arendel is actually faeryl? how'd that work out

and by the way, that's hilarious

7. loocas

loocas Chieftain

That's funny, I went through the same train of thought. I told myself that Keelyn's conquest doesn't happen in every scenario, but the others don't exactly disallow her conquest. Varn was just being all mopey and might not have even noticed the demons.

8. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I don't think Keelyn conquers hell anyway, only the Fane of the Lessers. That would make it harder for demons not loyal to her to enter Erebus and could limit the evil gods' ability to falsely claim souls, but it isn't like the usurped the power of the evil gods themselves.

@kenkrajen: When the Ljosalfar defeated the Svartalfar they captured Faeryl. Faeryl is quite skilled at shadow magic. Iirc, Faeryl used this magic to appear dead, so the guards did not guard her closely enough and she was able to slip out unseen. She used a glamor to make herself look like Arendel and make Arendel look like her, and then tied Arendel up if her coffin just before she presided over her own funeral. Faeryl buried Arendel alive, and made the gracious move of dividing the power of the Ljosalfar government equally between Amelanchier, Thessa, and herself. As Faeryl always wanted to complete control, this made her seem less like her true self. The real reason though was to give the other Ljosalfar leaders duties far away from the central court, so that those who knew Arendel best would not be around to notice the subtle differences not concealed by the glamor. The Ljosalfar were victorious, but Faeryl betrayed the Svartalfar in order to become their leader of the light elves. She had never really cared for ruling the winter court anyway, and would have preferred to have been made the summer queen back in the nations were one. Chances are she will move the Ljosalfar to worship Esus, but this will be done so slowly and subtly that no one will be able to identify when their allegiance changed. They may nominally worship Cernunnos but ascribe Esus like qualities to him for ages before moving to Esus worship outright.

9. loocas

loocas Chieftain

Yes you are right. There is a distinction. Does that make this incorrect then? What about your difference between hell and Hell? Does the Fane fall under hell?

It could also be said "Talia sleeps with Duin (and possibly Varn)."

10. MagisterCultuum

Uppercase Hell refers to the great machine that forges mortal souls into demon lords. It is composed of 6 individual hells (the vaults of Mulcarn, Mammon, Camulos, Aeron, Agares, and Esus) closely linked by the power o Ceridwen (who doesn't have a traditional vault but rules all inter-dimensional passages and several strange planes in between).

The Fane of the Lessers is not part of Hell, but of Erebus. It has however been controlled by demons since the middle of the Age of Dragons, and it contains the largest gateway into hell (specifically into Mulcarn's vault). Being under the control of evil for so long means it has practically become a seperate liminal plane, connected to hell about as strongly as of the rest of Erebus. Like the Well of Shadows (and the other Wells of Creation), it serves to draw the spirits of the dead together and leads them to pass though a portal into the next world. Most, but not all, of these souls do not really deserve to go to hell, but have been claimed unfairly by demons and the evil gods. When these enter hell it could take ages languishing in the marshes of Mulcarn's hell before they agree to go further and be processed into demons. Truly evil souls pass through this filter-like hell rather quickly, or bypass it altogether.

Talia slept with the Baron Duin Halfmorn in Kael's D&D campaigns on which Erebus is based, but I don't think that there is any evidence that she cheated on Varn with anyone but Decius in FfH cannon.

11. Opera

Opera Chieftain

Wait, what is this "(and probably Ethne)"?

12. cypher132

cypher132 Chieftain

I was actually curious about that one, too.

13. Opera

Opera Chieftain

BTW, since we're spoiling and all, what happens to Os-Gabella?

14. cypher132

cypher132 Chieftain

No clue. She gets beaten by the Illians and I guess she goes into hiding from there, being immortal and all.

15. kenkrajen

kenkrajen Chieftain

wells of creation? never heard of this before. heard of the gems of creation. are the wells the things agares made to keep using creation powers in preparation for the One taking them away?

16. MagisterCultuum

No, the wells of creation are passageways between Erebus and the Netherworld, probably created right after the Nemed's second wife with the help of many different gods. It has not particular connection to Agares. Closing the wells seems to be an important part of Ceridwen's plan for destroying the world. The Island of Nemora was a beautiful paradise before Ceridwen led Tebryn there and showed him how to seal off the well (which had been used by Laroth in the Age of Magic to enter the Netherworld while still alive, along with his army of Elven mercenaries under Arak the Erkling), which turned in into the Dead Lands. Bradaline's Well may be yet another Well of Creation that was closed, thus denying the sould of that region a change to find peace and making them easy pickings for necromancers who would control them and demons who would unfairly claim them and lead them to Mulcarn's hell.

17. loocas

loocas Chieftain

It's hinted at, the way I read it.

I'm wondering... Os-Gabella was in control of Abashi during The Cult, and Abashi is killed, allowing Tebryn to die in The Black Tower. Would Ceridwen be upset with Os-Gabella for that? If so, Os-Gabella could be anywhere if she's being punished.

18. Opera

Opera Chieftain

Oh. Nice.

I really need to finish the scenarios. I didn't know Tebryn was killed :D

19. MagisterCultuum

That seems unlikely, seeing how Abashi is present in The Black Tower, and is held in Tebryn's Capital city so must be killed in order for him to loose.

20. cypher132

cypher132 Chieftain

Man, I always looked at Ethne as the innocent one. I will never look at her the same way again.