The Second Chinese Empire (Cont.)

Knight-Dragon

Unhidden Dragon
Retired Moderator
This is a continuation of joespaniel's Chinese SG.

The Lords of Ten Thousand Years

donsig
Knight-Dragon
Chairman Qu (finishing the game)

Toasty (retired)
joespaniel (retired)
Gonzo (retired)
Ohwell (retired)

Current Policies

Going for a Space Victory!

Game Settings

Difficulty: Regent
Map Size: Large
# of Civs: 12
Victory Conditions/Civ Abilities: All available

The Rules

24 hours to check in.
72 hours to finish turns.
No shows will be skipped.
Maximum # of turns: 20 (no minimum)
All players using v1.17 patch
No SGEs or edited Mods allowed!

1685 AD: India has no more Egyptian cities so there is no need to continue this bloody war. We take Ghandi's treasury (27 gold) and make peace. All cities except Tsingtao taken off military production. Most entertainers put back to work.

1690: We have 9 arty, 10 cav, and army with 2 cav and an inf, and a few assorted infantry for offensive operations. We leave three inf and our musket army to defend Alexandria. Leftover Indains told to leave China. They say they will. Xerxes is paying 55 g/t for our gems. Our surplus is only 44 g/t. We cancel the RoP with Persia.

1695: Persian frigate outside Nanking told to scram. They say they will leave. Our surplus is now 53 g/t - almost enough to do without the income from those gem exports to Persia...

1700: Slow moving Indian riflemen tol to 'git'. they do. Slow moving Persian frigate told to 'skeedattle'. It does. Our surplus only 50 g/t. Hiawatha wants MPP. Somebody must have slipped something into his peace pipe. He does have alot of gold though. Abe will trade maps with us if we give him refining.:lol:

1705: Oil near Thermopylae exhausted. We have two more we can hook up. We demand Umtata and Ngome. Xerxes refuses. Our surplus only 49 g/t. Persian frigate back in our waters.

1710: Another oil gone! We may have to take Ngome sooner than planned.:satan: Our surplus has dropped to 44 g/t due to the growing number of city improvements. however, the oscillating science rate will give us a one time surplus of 826 gold.[dance] We demand Umtata and Ngome but Xerxes refuses our 'squalid demands'.

1715: Cleo wants an alliance vs. India. We give her 50 gold and tell her to go shopping instead. We can now make steel. We trade refining and furs to Joan for incense. (She is polite and not the least bit jealous of Cleo.;) ) Hiawatha wants to buy oil - another reason to take Ngome. Monty could use some lux but has to find some scratch first. We renew our demands for Umtata and Ngome. Spy planted in Persopolis. Battlefield medicine started in Beijing amid growing tensions with Persia. We can't wait for Xerxes to declare war. We attack and capture Umtata, losing one cavalry division. We cut back on science spending to reinstate surplus after losing income from gem exports to Persia. We lose one turn in the science race and our surplus is now over 100 g/t.

1720: The battle for Ngome begins. Artillery works well against immortals and pikemen. We lose one elite cavalry division but Jin Qiu appears to lead another to victory.

There are many obsolete Persian units near Ngome - but they do have infantry and cavalry. Xerxes will probably send his forces through Japan. I'd try to make peace as soon as Ngome is ours.

Then we can turn our attention to Japan who still has a couple Egyptian cities.

China can do whatever it wants with impunity.

(Anyone know if I used that word correctly?)

Attachments

• ngome.jpg
    ngome.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 470
Good work, donsig! :goodjob: It's time to throw out the Persians. ;)

My turn next and Toasty after me.

I think we need an even bigger army. :)

I wont have time to play today, I'm working a double shift again, but if Toasty is AWOL until Tuesday, I can play then.

I hate the Persians.:skull: :hammer:

Japan needs a good @$$-kicking too. :spank:

I won't be playing now either. 2 SGs a night tax my brain cells enough.

You can go now if you want, joe, since you skipped your last turn. ;) Show us what you're made of. :)

I've got the game, and will post a summary tomorow. :D

Its time to unleash the old joespaniel from the 1st German SG on these fools.

Say goodbye to Persia and Japan.
Im going to dish out a double helping of :spank: !!!

The turns are going UNBELIEVABLY slow. The large map is nice in theory, but impractical at this late stage of the game.

I timed the wait after my first turn: 6 minutes! Sheesh!

Im sticking to standard size for SGs from now on. :D

Originally posted by joespaniel
The turns are going UNBELIEVABLY slow. The large map is nice in theory, but impractical at this late stage of the game.

I timed the wait after my first turn: 6 minutes! Sheesh!

Im sticking to standard size for SGs from now on. :D
And someone wanted to play 16 civs on a super large map. :D

Get a faster computer. I am sure it wasn't that long on mine. ;)

60 legions of Xerxes troops approached Heraclea, consisting mostly of pikemen and immortals. Obviously the Persian army is poorly trained and ill equipped, and relys on massive "human waves" to win its battles.

Not today.

The much smaller Chinese cavalry force with its infantry and artillery attachments slaughtered them to the last man!!! All but 4 Persian units are gone, which were spared to return home and tell the tale.

6 Persian cavalry streamed out of the mountains, and are ambushed by our cavalry waiting in Egypt. All are defeated in detail.

Chinese losses: 1 worker is captured and killed in Egypt. Thats it. :hammer:

We decide to go on the offensive. Artilllery bombards Ngome, and our elite cavalry rolls into the city, infantry follows to garrison and workers lay rail up to the city immeadiately. We lose 2 cavalry and it is done.

Our army is now doubled in size, but has no where to go. More improvements are built in cities that lack things like libraries and banks, while ironclads and now destroyers were churned out in our older, more established metropolis'.

A full pitched naval battle is raging non-stop in the French-Iroquois Straits. Persia loses 5 ironclads, 2 frigates, 1 galleon, 1 caravel and 1 galley while China sustains the loss of 2 ironclads.
And our first destroyer isnt even finished yet!:lol:

My tactics, "doubled up" ironclads, they travel in stacked pairs, allows for a bombardment before every attack. It is quite effective. :D

Since we have achieved our war aims, Xerxes is appoached about surrender. His response: "Not for all the Tea in China!!!" :p , thus I will punish his navy and coastal cities until he sees things in a more lucid manner.
:hammer: Destroyers on the way! :hammer:
:hammer: 4 turns until we can build battleships! :hammer:

Our science rate is not what it could be (80% and 6 turns per technology), so I have embarked on a mission to change that until we are a nation of bookworms and computer nerds (4 turns per discovery ;) ). I am about half way to where I want to be.

The treasury hits 2700 gold.

More workers are built, and we improve many neglected areas near Beijing and the heartland. City growth is stunted in many places, but judicious deforesting and irrigation fixed that.

Donsig went on a Granary spree. :lol: Its good though, real good for most cities. The colonies dont need them though, as they are very corrupt. I switched to marketplaces for the happiness in far off places.

Our industrial capacity is top notch. Good work guys.

I must play a few more turns, and set up the next players to have tanks and aircraft, and a solid reseach capability.

Back soon!

Knight-Dragon, I have a new computer. :p
The game just went slowly for the first turn or so, after loading it up.
Once it gets going, its fine.

I think we can reasonably go for a histograph win in this game.

I DO NOT want world conquest when theres over 120 cities on the map!
:eek: :crazyeye: :cringe: :aargh: :suicide:

:lol: It would dwarf the effort it took to conquer Egypt in the 1st German SG.

Besides, the naval warfare is really, really fun! Quite a nice change of pace.
Aircraft carriers and nuclear subs will be quite amusing with so much ocean. :D

I would like to have modern armor, mech inf and radar artillery in this game, if thats OK with you guys. Then we can wreak havoc on all our enemies! :D

I've never seen a modern armor or radar artillery in action yet...

I am bolstering up the sciences to make it happen.

The Persians use my own tactics against me! :eek:
2 ironclads lost, but destryoyers are close by.

Attachments

• ironclads.jpg
    ironclads.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 394
Heres the situation:

I wiped out another dozen Persian units near Ngome. No more have shown up yet. We have tons of cavalry!

The navy needs lots of destroyers and in 4 turns you can start battlewagons too.

Some subs to patrol our coastline would be prudent.

And transports, for those unexpected amphib assaults that always come up. ;)

Pentagon in Beijing, 4 turns left.

We now have spies in every known civilization. :mwaha:

One funny story - The "great" Indian navy launched an amphibious assault against Egypt (? even though they are at peace ?). It went well except that they landed IN FRONT of our infantry instead of behind the lines. :lol:

Have fun, I did!

Good job, joe! :goodjob:

Next is Toasty and after that gonzo. I'll be gone for the weekend so I'm putting you guys in first. But if you aren't done by the time I return,...... :spank:

Post first to announce you're playing cos I'll wade right in if no one has played by the time I return. ;)

Ohwell, will you be interested in returning to the game? :) I think 6 players is best.

Okay, I'll do it some time tomorrow. Right now I'm too wrapped up in my Diplomacy game :goodjob:.

Originally posted by Ohwell
Well FINALLY you listen to me about Japan... they should have been dealt with earlier.

I dont know what you are refering to, as we are not at war with Japan.

We have surpassed them in science, power and culture. :D

When I posted earlier about attacking them along with Persia, I thought the two had an MPP. I was mistaken.

I see no reason to go to war with Japan at the present time.
Compared to China, they are a joke.
Only Iroquois is close to being a rival to us, and we are way ahead of them too.

As for Persia, lets wreck their navy and coastal cities until they beg for a peace treaty.
Naval combat galore! :D This is what I envisioned weeks ago. Good thing we built that "canal city" in the center of the empire.

We will have tanks very soon, too. :mwaha:

Originally posted by donsig

Well, they have a couple of Cleo's cities, don't they?;)

Ah. Yes, they do. For now, it seems.

Toasty can mop those up without breaking a sweat, I left him over 20 cavalry regiments and lots of artillery. Japan's army wont stand up ours for very long, as they also have lots of older, obsolete units like samurai.

However, I would do it quick, and then make peace with Persia and Japan as soon as possible, before the war-weariness starts to kick in.

Once you are at war, the enemy will refuse your envoys for at least 10 turns. More if you arent winning, but we wont have that problem. ;)

I'm afraid I have some problems. My Civ3.exe became corrupt somehow, which really made me mad, but now I'm running into that problem where the game, instead of installing, tries to uninstall constantly (even though I edited the registry). I don't know how to fix it, and I doubt I will anytime soon.

So good luck...hopefully I'll be up again soon...

Top Bottom