1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The second coming...

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by LukeUeda-Sarson, Sep 29, 2008.

1. LukeUeda-Sarson

LukeUeda-Sarson Prince

Finally got around to starting a Germany game this weekend, as I had been put off by the extreme length of the UHV.

Anyway, an interesting thing happened yesterday - as my stack was sitting outside Rome reducing its fortifications, I got a "crusade" event telling me to capture - well - Rome! Talk about timing. So I duly did so and was given 3 options.

The 1st was 6 muskets in Rome to defend the holy city; didn't need them.

The 3rd was spread Christianity to up to 11 other cities. Well, all mine were Christian anyway, and I didn't see the point is spreading it elsewhere.

The 2nd was to build the appropriate shrine - the Church of the Nativity in this case, in the newly taken holy city. Sounded good to me!

End result - a second Church of the Nativity, since there is already (IMO entirely correctly) one in Jerusalem in the current 600 AD version of RFC.

This gave my economy a nice boost, albeit capped at 20 gpt of course.

Cheers, Luke

2. AnotherPacifist

AnotherPacifist Deity

Very nice. I've NEVER seen the crusade event after playing all this time on RFC.:)

3. Cethegus

Cethegus King

Nice. :p I got the event too in my last game, playing as France. I got it when I was still a young country, trying to get its economy on track with everyone. I hadn't yet begun starting preparations for capturing Rome but eventually I did, and just some turns before I dared throw my army to the Italian lands, I was informed that the quest ended. Sadly.
    Not to mention when I did attack it was mainly the Germans who fought the battles for me. I just sent in a Crossbowman or two to actually capture the city under my rule. Talk about opportune...

Anyway, nicely done. Looks like there's a time limit on the quest and it's entirely random when it will occur.

4. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

Hm, as low probability as that is it should be stopped from happening. The Crusade event should be modified in the RFC so that this does not happen.

5. kbk

kbk Prince

Yeah, this is definitely a bug, but I think its an unimportant one, and one that in fact makes some amount of sense. Both Rome and Jerusalem have a lot of importance in Christianity.

6. LukeUeda-Sarson

LukeUeda-Sarson Prince

I agree with kbk. I don't think there should routinely be two Christian shrines in the game, but two as a result of a crusade can very easily be rationalized. Think popes and anti-popes for instance.

Cheers, Luke

7. Panopticon

Panopticon Utilitarian

I got this once in the exact same circumstances. It's a great help - as long as you don't lose Rom to the Roman Empire!

8. ADP101

ADP101 Warlord

nice i think ive always gotten the crusade event when starting as germany 600 AD