The Second Dynasty (Chinese succession game)

Originally posted by Lt. 'Killer' M.
KD: I wasn't too serious... it is just that I would have preferred to string Japan along until we have Modern Armour, too.
Which we'll have, in 6-7 turns. We're researching synthetic now. :yeah: I've built a barracks in Minsk too, for that purpose. ;)

With the 20-30 'air artillery' we have now, not really a problem to take on the Japanese. ;)

Originally posted by Ohwell
:eek: The size of this empire DWARFS the first German SG!! :eek:
So's the points we have. 3000+ now (or is it 4000+?). ;)

It's a 12 civs game, so the map's larger.

I have a big project deadline at work and can't get to this before the weekend, if Killer wants to go ahead of me I will pick it up after him.

(1) 1695 AD - send Tanks into Jap territory to take their capital. It only has Hanging Gardens so we might raze it..... Order a combat settler.

(2) Japanese Destroyer sinks our Battleship w/o losing a single HP. Take Kyoto (no losses) and send 10 Tanks into striking distance of Tokyo. Leave Kyoto empty to draw Japanese forvces there and maybe make it go down in size by taking and retaking.

(3) Japan takes Kyoto - I promptly take it back. Also capture Toyko.

(4) found combattown1 to connect Kyoto and be in position to strike Nara with tanks in 1 move. Naras last defender is definately in God mode. This Infantry makes 8 tanks retreat and kills 5 (!). Finally, it dies and the town is ours. Combat settler placed to approach Osaka.

(5) Our dyes go out the window - swe are finally deal-free with Egypt. combattown2 allows strikes at Osaka. City taken. Troops approach the last large Japanese town, Satsuma.

(6) :mad: Rocketry in 5 will give us Aluminum and that will give us Modern Armour. :mad:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads2/China.zip

Naras last defender is definately in God mode. This Infantry makes 8 tanks retreat and kills 5 (!). Finally, it dies and the town is ours. Combat settler placed to approach Osaka.
Didn't bomb them to hell first with the flying artillery or normal ones?

(6) :mad: Rocketry in 5 will give us Aluminum and that will give us Modern Armour. :mad:
Doh! Forgotten that too, myself. :lol:

KD: he was on 1 HP when I started attacking him... won - promoted - won - promoted - BAM he had 3 HP and no arty around anymore.....

Don't have the full report at work, but wanted to drop a note to let you guys know how things are progressing....

7 turns in, slower than hoped for turns do to three front war, and two islands to capture.
Japan - Gone.
Russia - Gone.
Egypt - Tried to plant a spy, they declared war, took one turn to wipe out their army. We are chewing on their core cities.
Tech - Modern Armour is just now going to hit the battlefield, so expect things to pick up from here. So far as spies report, no one else has even built tanks. Could be they don't have the resources, Joanie is the most advanced and she is buying saltpeter to build infantry.

Woot! You don't believe in going slow, do you?

Did you wipe out the Egypt troops or did they wipe themselves out against our infantry Armies?????

As for the Egyptian Army, I accidentally left one artillary piece behind the first city with nothing on top of it. Every Egyptian unit they had tried to reach it, and it was captured by Cav. I then bombed them all to 1hp and attacked with tanks. No more army.

The Egyptian offensive has been slightly slowed by a lack of combat settlers and only one city on the land mass above size two.

I am honestly a builder when I play SP, but in these SGs most of the people are more conservative (don't want to be the one to mess up) that you tend to get handed really nice setups for pounding things out. I don't care what the map or what the situation is, if you can build 7-10 tanks or MA a turn, you should be able to go through the AI without any problems. And when the best they have is Infantry and Riflemen......cakewalk.

1720 AD (Pre-turn)
Wake up tank at Satsuma, use it to kill off two Japanese rifles. Bomb Edo down to size 1. Same for Izumo. We have no deals with the Egytians and so I attempt to plant a spy. It doesn't work and Cleo declares war on us! Get spy in Babylonian and they have 11 Cav and about 40 Rifles.
(I) Sell France silks for 820g and 2gpt. The Egyptian army pours into Russia and captures some Arty I didn't see was exposed. One stack has 5 Cav, another has 6 War Chariots and our arty piece, the third has 1 Inf, 3 Rifles, 1 Pike, 1 sword, and 1 warrior, the last stack has 1 spear and 1 warrior.

1725 AD (1)
Kahun is captured and the Egyptian city on our land mass is now ours. Nagasaki is captured. Wake everything in Minsk and begin the slaughter. Bomb everything Egytian to 1HP and begin attacking. With no loses and gaining 8 elite promotions we destroy the Egyptian forces and advance on the city of Elephatine.
(I) Zulus want to trade WMs. Sell Joan saltpeter for 62gpt.

1730 AD (2)
Bombard and then raze Elephantine. Bombard and capture Nagoya. Kill 4 Japanese Infantry and 1 Cav. No Egyptian units spoted. Rush settler in Moscow.
(I) Nothing.

1735 AD (3)
Finally get a spy in Egypt. 37 Infantry, 20 Rifles and 2 Chariots. Sink Japanese ironclad and Galleon with two BBs. Edo, Sapporo and Yokohama are captured. El-Amarna is razed. Rush a transport in Phillie and a settler in Moscow.
(I) The tech comes in and all production of tanks is switched to MAs.

1740 AD (4)
Pithom is captured on the Egyptian island. Lots of movement and shifting of bombers to forward positions.
(I) The first MAs roll off of the line.

1745 AD (5)
Memphis is captured, and 5 dyes with it. t has an airport and hopefully it won't flip. Izumo is captured and our land mass is cured of any Japanese cities.

1750 AD (6)
Ise and Hakodate are captured and thus ends the Japanes civilization.
(I) Not much.

1752 AD (7)
Thebes is razed, and the Egyptian government runs for a new town. Pi- Ramesses is captured. Busiris is captured and we control both cities on the former Egyptian island. Odessa is captured and the Russians are no more. Change production in some of the Iroquois cities to peal a few settlers off. I have a special plan for one of them.
(I) Of all the cities to try and take, Egypt moves a couple of Infantry to try and take Odessa. Of course it is only protected by three tanks.

1754 AD (8)
Avaris is captured. 10 cities to go. Shift one group of bombers and the other pounds Alexandria. Form our second MA army.
(I) They attempt to sink th BB with a BB and we survive with a single HP.

1756 AD (10)
Capture Byblos (size 15), sell off all the improvements and abandon the city. We got about 150g out of it, don't know if it was worth it or if the twenty half workers would have been better. Thought I would try it to see. Buto (size 13) is razed, we get 6 workers. Alexandria (size 25) is razed, we get 12 workers. Hieraconpolis is captured and kept.
(I) They use a couple of cav to try and kill some MA but lose them.

1758 AD (11)
Captured Asyut (size 15). Giza captured (size 14). Four more Egyptian cities to go!

1760 AD (12)
Heliopolis captured. I am capturing them because they (hopefully) won't be around long enough to flip back to. Abydos is taken. Edfu falls.

1762 AD (13)
Lisht is captured and the Egyptians are no more. Land a beachead on the land mass to the south. The area used to be covered by Egyptian culture but we can plant a city there now and rush buy and airport. We still have 4 more turns before we can take out the Indians. Finish Recycling.

1764 AD (14)
Start recycling centers everywhere that production completes. Start ferrying troops ove to the next land mass.

1766 AD (15)
Oops, I start a war with the Babylonians! Malinalco taken.

Sounds good. :goodjob:

The Egyptian army pours into Russia and captures some Arty I didn't see was exposed. One stack has 5 Cav, another has 6 War Chariots and our arty piece, the third has 1 Inf, 3 Rifles, 1 Pike, 1 sword, and 1 warrior, the last stack has 1 spear and 1 warrior.
That's what they called an army? Embarassing... :mischief:

Good that the Babs want to commit suicide too. Let's go get them and a domination victory. :D

Well KD, go kill them ;)
I would, if meldor has finished (which he hasn't) with it, instead of sitting around talking about it. :p

Save some of the fighting for me. :D

I was actually expecting him to post a lot sooner, and be done, but I guess that was overly optimistic. probably the turns are horribly slow :(

Top Bottom