The Second Expansion Set - Fact or Fantasy?

Quijote

L'Hôte
I have seen a lot of threads discussion what features that they would like to see in an upcoming expansion set for Sid Meier's Civilization IV, however I have not seen an official statement from Firaxis or 2K Games regarding that it is in production or that it will be in production at a later point of time.
If it is common knowledge that the second expansion set is going to be produced then I apologize for this post, but if it is just speculation I would like know what ratiocination lies behind that conclusion - besides the fact that Sid Meier's Civilization III had two expansion sets.

Civ 2 also have a few expansions. Plus it seems Firaxis is running like a money wheel right now. So the odds are pretty good. However, it wont be for at least another year as warlords just came out.

From Trip's sig (should be self-explanatory):

'Til Lata...
~ Jon 'Trip' Shafer

Civ 4 XP2: How can Python Mods be Merged Easily? | Which Interface Mods should be Included?

Civ 4 has been a huge seller, why wouldn't they make another XP for it? I'm predicting 3 altogether myself. Warlords was very small as far as content was concerned and it was put out much quicker than normal. So I'm guessing that instead of 2 fairly big XPs, like we saw in Civ 3, they'll go with 3 smaller ones.

Willem said:
Civ 4 has been a huge seller, why wouldn't they make another XP for it? I'm predicting 3 altogether myself. Warlords was very small as far as content was concerned and it was put out much quicker than normal. So I'm guessing that instead of 2 fairly big XPs, like we saw in Civ 3, they'll go with 3 smaller ones.

Aye, more money for them.

Yes, there are a lot of rumors floating about. I hear the top two contenders are Civ IV: Drug Lords and Civ IV: Slum Lords. :mischief:

Does anyone know if the Warlords expansion will be included in the next one, like how Conquests included PTW for Civ3?

I just hope they don't go overboard like EA Games and Maxis did with The Sims series.

I've just updated to 2.08 and it is the same for me. They need to fix it. Desemphasizing AIresearch is a good starting point IMO , tweaking the reduced costs of higher levels is the second sted and the final step is removing all their extras units at the beginning.
Waiting for some comments

puglover said:
Does anyone know if the Warlords expansion will be included in the next one, like how Conquests included PTW for Civ3?
I guess that Firaxis included PTW in the Conquests because PTW flopped badly and they wanted to make sure that Conquests won't flop by including PTW in it. So I doubt that Warlords will be included in the next expansion pack.

if 2 more exps come out the names should be
alein contact-new eras
world war _later invasion

Civ has never/isn't/or will be a fantasy game. Get over it people, play mods if you want that.

Fact, for sure.

snipperrabbit!! said:
I've just updated to 2.08 and it is the same for me. They need to fix it. Desemphasizing AIresearch is a good starting point IMO , tweaking the reduced costs of higher levels is the second sted and the final step is removing all their extras units at the beginning.
Waiting for some comments

It's easy for you to remove the AI's extra units and other advantages, yourself. Just choose a lower difficulty level.

It's the same with chess. The best programs win easily, if you don't minimize the AI.

Top Bottom