1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Sims

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by VanillaCube, Feb 4, 2001.

1. VanillaCube

VanillaCube Your local Schizophrenic

Latley I havent been here because I got this game and It is addictive, more so than civ for me!

------------------
    The people in my cool book
    1.Travin
    2.Thunderfall
    3.Stellar
    4.SunTzu
    5.Håkan
    6.scorch
    7.vladmir_illych_lenin
    8.vanilla_converter
    9.Michspirit99

2. china444

china444 Ain't no thang

Sorry for thread diggin, but I was looking for a thread on this.

Why do people like the sims? My people just get mad and dont clean up and pee themselves. My house catches fire and I cant buy food from my fridge. Whats up w/ that? I know people are OBSESSED with this game but I find it a WASTE OF MY FRIKIN TIME. [punch]

3. napoleon526

napoleon526 Emperor

My people just stay in bed and cry. I think the game is popular with people who can't control their own lives, so they try to make surrogate ones through Sims.

4. WillJ

WillJ Coolness Connoisseur

I used to love The Sims, and then I got bored with it. I have absolutely no idea why I used to love it, but I did. I think there should be scientific studies on why people like The Sims so much; it certainly is a very mysterious issue.

5. El Tee

El Tee Warlord

Maybe it's the same public that made Tomogotchi (sp?) so popular. I find it interesting for awhile, watching the Sims do things...mostly it's acquiring things for their house, advancing in their career...frankly, I think I'm too old for it, but as each expansion comes out, it is interesting again for about a day or two, then I realize I have better things to do with my time.

Like play civ3. :D

6. Romanus

Romanus Ruler of CivRome

The Sims is popular because its fun and has wide appeal. Male, female, young, old.

I have the original plus 2 expansion packs. I dont play it all that much anymore, but my kids do and so does my girlfriend.

What I dont understand is why some people are so passionate in their dislike for the game. Dont like it, dont play it.
    I consider a waste of time in gaming to be nearly any RTS, or shooter out now.

And, anyone who says all their Sims do is pee and sleep isnt really trying to play the game to its fullest. I can get about as much fighting out of the Sims as I can your average RPG. And then there are the guys who set out to be the neighborhood serial killer....morbid but funny.

To each his/her own I guess

7. cromagnon

cromagnon Emperor

I tried it recently. I think it's addictive because you can set your own goals. Want to advance your career? It tells you what you have to improve. Want to make more friends? Have a party. Want to build a dream home? Make more dough.

8. puglover

puglover Disturber of Worldviews

I love that game!! :D

9. Immortal

Immortal Deity

Ironically enough, I hated this game, until a friend of mine showed me her awesome mansion. She has a ton of those downloaded costumes and new furnature etc. which she burned onto a disk (it was that or e-mail each one, taking days) and lent me the vanilla, house party, livin large discs for a week. She schooled me in the ways of the sims, and it fast became really fun.

The secret to not having screwed up freakshows who cry in their beds and sit in front of the computer all day *ahem* is to NOT BUY A TELEVISION OR A COMPUTER. FOrce them to have fun gardening, reading or working out. I still play it even after all that time (I ended up buying LL, HP, HD for 15 bucks out of the newspaper).

10. china444

china444 Ain't no thang

That is a good deal for 15 bucks!

But my people always cry even if i have no TV or cpu!

The hate evrything I buy theM!

11. Tomoyo

Tomoyo Fate

Sorry for bumping an ancient thread, but as the non-existant saying goes: "It's better to bump an old thread than to start a duplicate one."

I like it... and I never have problems with people just crying and stuff... :confused:

12. Dabomb18359

Dabomb18359 Link Has Become A Jedi

Dang it's been over 2 years. I think it's cool but you start with like no money.

13. angelos 8

angelos 8 Chieftain

yo guys where can i find the game? I'VE searched at mobango but it couldn't get installed

14. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

I once did make a family consisting of

BUSH
    CHENEY
    SADDAM
    OSAMA

and let them loose on a small house. CHENY and SADDAM ended up fighting a lot and waking everyone up while people were trying to sleep. Eventually Saddam left.
    Bush and Osama got on well thou.

15. The 777 Hoax

The 777 Hoax future skeleton

I think it's funny when they pee themselves... their pee ends up being blue for some reason.

16. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Too many blue coloured foods.

I wish there was a gun tool you could get. The only family I have that commands some interest (although I haven't played it for several months) is a Mafia dynasty I have. I have them go around, be rich, and beat the crud out of other families.

17. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

I really enjoyed The Sims 1. Played that game for years! I would dig it out again- but i got so pissed off with faulty downloads crashing the game after hours of play..and i had downloaded thousands of items so i cannot be sure which one was the crasher!!! :anger: