The Six-Months War; Take Two

No need to use such powerful language. Its ok to have a little fun. Now, if the mod comes in and says for them to try and tone it down, that's another story.

As it is, no need to be so curt and blunt about it.

Actually, in this case I agree with Kentharu. It's progressed to the point of spam, and was ultimately based on a misunderstanding in any case. Most of it isn't very IC in the first place. Not going to tell people it's ******ed or anything, but I agree it's unnecessary.

*re-railing thread*

Okay. As I said before- I apologize for the delay. It IS being worked on. But like I said, I've been busy as hell lately- and any other Mod or once mod can agree that wars, let alone a world war, are pains to update.

Good news is- South America, Europe, and part of Africa is done. It doesn't sound like much, but Europe is where I have 5 sets of orders over lapping. The rest of the world is mostly NPC, save for a player here and there.

So, best case scenario; update tonight. Worst case scenario; update tomorrow.

I don't really understand the Manpower stats. Is that just a "manpower potential" one has?

How does one calculate how much manpower is "used" up?

What does
Manpower: 1732 (+40) (-866)
mean?

So many questions... :run:

I don't really understand the Manpower stats. Is that just a "manpower potential" one has?

How does one calculate how much manpower is "used" up?

What does
Manpower: 1732 (+40) (-866)
mean?

So many questions... :run:

The numbers mean: total manpower, manpower growth, amount of manpower you lose if you demobilize.

So am I right in assuming that said country has the capacity to make 1732 infantry divs this turn? And a further 40 every turn after that?

EDIT: Because if that's the case, manpower really doesn't bloody matter - with economies in the 10s and manpower in the thousands.

So am I right in assuming that said country has the capacity to make 1732 infantry divs this turn? And a further 40 every turn after that?

um no you get a population growth of 40 this is dependent on your current man power
more man power = greater population growth

Manpower is a representation of both industrial strength, and population, of age, working, etc. etc..

Basing it off of world populations as of 1907 (as close as I could get on Wikipedia) after some simple divisions, I got the manpower. The number gained per turn, is also a fraction of the manpower, and the (-1242) or whatever represents the hit your country would take as a whole if you demobolized your industry, and population.

Manpower is a representation of both industrial strength, and population, of age, working, etc. etc..

Basing it off of world populations as of 1907 (as close as I could get on Wikipedia) after some simple divisions, I got the manpower. The number gained per turn, is also a fraction of the manpower, and the (-1242) or whatever represents the hit your country would take as a whole if you demobolized your industry, and population.

so does this mean you can mobilize just your industry and not your military to get a temporary ep boost

No. And mobilization doesn't boost your EP, it boosts the amount of war material you can make, with normal factories, being turned into military factories.

So how do I know how much manpower I have left available to build up my army? Calculating it myself?

The rules aren't very clear on that

um no you get a population growth of 40 this is dependent on your current man power
more man power = greater population growth

And that doesn't answer my question

You have all 1732 amount to build up your army. So yes, you can create (if your economy allowed) 1732 divisions this year.

Of which I am working on. It's getting there, but expect it tommorow. I still need to do the Pacific, and the stats. As the Cinderella hour continues to approach..

what i meant was that you don't necessarily get 40 mp per turn after that for instance
country x has 100 man power the receive a population growth of 13 this turn the next turn they would have 113 mp and get a population growth of 17
(numbers are not correct just for sake of example)
and i suppose it could go down if a country invades you and kills a large portion of your civilian population in the process
and sorry i realize this is probably getting a little old

Yeah the manpower is ridiculously high, but I assume there's penalties if you try to move significant portions of your population into your army.

Top Bottom