The Skandinavian Flag

Magma

Prince
It's Swedish, why not have something that symbolises all three countries like the banner of the Kalmar Union?

Just my 5 cent ^^

Mostly because, due to team's mutual consent, only modern flags are used (even for Incas!). We could one day make alternate flag scheme, though. Then, Kalmar Union flag for Scandinavia is a sure bet - I'd probably like to see it myself.

Still, "Scandinavia" civ mostly resembles Sweden (and all the rest of Scandinavia, except for Denmark, has been for some time ruled by Sweden) - so Swedish flag is more or less appropriate. Then again, I guess the same thing can be said about Denmark too.

Mostly because, due to team's mutual consent, only modern flags are used (even for Incas!). We could one day make alternate flag scheme, though. Then, Kalmar Union flag for Scandinavia is a sure bet - I'd probably like to see it myself.

Still, "Scandinavia" civ mostly resembles Sweden (and all the rest of Scandinavia, except for Denmark, has been for some time ruled by Sweden) - so Swedish flag is more or less appropriate. Then again, I guess the same thing can be said about Denmark too.
Hm.. Actually the Scandinavian (I would say) mostly resemble Norway, like it or not. Most of the cities you build are indeed Norwegian and I would say that their deeds as Vikings are more remembered than those of the Swedes. One would probably have heard that the Norwegians discovered Iceland, Greenland and Vinland. Raped England and had some fun in Ireland, though I am not that sure that one would hear of what the Swedes did (Going into Russia, colonizing and even reaching down to Constantinople).

Of course one would've heard of Denmark and Sweden being at each other all the time after the Kalmar Union. Though I doubt that could be said as any great historical achievement, as mostly the one thing they did was ripping each other apart.

So to be perfectly honest if we are to have a modern flag, I'd choose the Norwegian. Mostly because it doesn't have any yellow colors (I hate yellow xD) and because it in a way resemble all three countries, indeed because it has been a part of the two other. Also Norwegians rock :)

Anyway... Guess it's a little thing. But it's possibly the only thing I could say was somewhat "bad", and well it's not that bad it's just a flag xD

It's a lovely mod in 4 words :goodjob:

Top Bottom