Resource icon

The Sloth, The Tortoise and The Snail. 6.0

Horem

Emperor
Horem submitted a new resource:

The Sloth, The Tortoise and The Snail. - If slow games are your thing, look no further!

This mod slows the Tech and Civic costs, restructures the Tech and Civic trees to reduce B-Lining(Thanxs Hajee).
Removes the Vanilla Gamespeeds and adds 3 new ones, Tortoise, Sloth and Snail. Warning if you do not like slow games walk away now! :)

Core Changes
Science per Population reduced to 40%.
Tech Costs increased by Tier and Era.
Civic Costs increased by Tier and Era.
Boosts reduced to 25%.
Building and District costs increased by 80%
Unit Costs increased by 50%
City State production penalty increased to 80%.
Religous Unit costs increased by 120%.
Greatperson rate increased by 25% per era.
Scientific City State bonus for Capital and Campus reduced to 1.
Cultural City State bonus for Capital and Campus reduced to 1.

City Growth Rates are uneffected which is why I increased Production Costs of Buildings and Units. Timeline is a WIP. Certain factors(Resources, Natural Wonders, Scientific City States) can and will mess it up, I am trying to find a happy medium.

Read more about this resource...
NOT compatible with any mods that change Gamespeeds, the Civic or Tech Tree. Probably also not compatible with Game Pace mods either.

Special Thanks
Lord Olleus for 8 Ages of Pace, this mod if based off of that.

Last edited:
I don't necessarily disagree with any of the non-speed changes but they don't have any business being included in a game speed mod.

There is valid reason I included the Tweaks. The emarkation change, kinda needed with the slower rate of aquireing techs. Reduced the barbarians for the same reason, due to civs not embarking as quick, Barbarians can over run a map. Gods of the Forge, thats a plain Civ6 bug and need addressing to reduce carpet of doom slowdowns. Oasis change is probably not required tbh. If more people feel the same way as you, I have no issue removing them.

I like the tier system for the increase of cost! Plays really nice

I like the feel that you progress in the era by tier instead of into the next era.

Last edited:
Gods of the Forge, thats a plain Civ6 bug and need addressing to reduce carpet of doom slowdowns.
Was the fix for this from this post? If so, I tried that solution and it definitely disabled that Pantheon belief for every player - even the one who chose it. This was evident by starting the same game with and without that mod and checking unit production.

Last edited:
What does it change though? Does it only slow down tech rate, or does it also increase turn time? Does it change production costs? Does it affect city growth times?

Was the fix for this from this post? If so, I tried that solution and it definitely disabled that Pantheon belief for every player - even the one who chose it. This was evident by starting the same game with and without that mod and checking unit production.
Yes it was. I will take a look at it and see whats what.

What does it change though? Does it only slow down tech rate, or does it also increase turn time? Does it change production costs? Does it affect city growth times?
I updated the OP with the information.

I like the tier system for the increase of cost! Plays really nice

I like the feel that you progress in the era by tier instead of into the next era.
Thanx! if it works as well as I hope, will do the same for Civics!

Thank much mate.

Btw i really enjoy the pace of the mod.

The limiting production on city states!!! brilliant - less CS spam

What's the problem of barbarians ruling the world?

As long as you protect your motherland you will be fine. I also don't see why the other tweaks are needed on a mod that is supposed to give us more hours of fun on the same gameplay :p

Look how fun it can get! :D

Do barbarians normally spawn 1 per turn after you defeat a unit? I'm using v3, wondering if the tweaks were necessary after all - perhaps the new game speed is why they just keep coming over and over, like maybe some internal TurnsToWarriorSpawn * Speed, but the new speeds don't work so it's pretty much 0?

They spawn 1 per turn even if I put TurnsToWarriorSpawn = 100 for them, the same as if I put TurnsToWarriorSpawn = 1 without the mod.

Last edited:
Does your Mod reorder the civics and tech trees? If so you might want to change how you arranged Trading civic place in the tree. It isn't working like it is. I took your mod out and it went back to normal, I wouldn't change the civics that much myself. Great Mod for slower speeds but please fix the things that weren't broken. ;)

Since boosts are reduced to 25%, is China's UA now 35% or 60%?

What about Aztec's ability of using builders to rush districts?

China is 35% (25% +10%). I did not touch the Aztec ability, did not feel it was effected by my changes. You think different?

Top Bottom