The Sly and Backstabbing Greeks

greece's_prince

Greek Shrink
I'm so evil. The mighty empire of the Greeks (me) was at a disadvantage, as they geographically and politically had no access to their scientific rival the Babylonians. Invading the Babylonian empire would mean me marching through the Japanese Empire, which I had no intention of doing since Japan was the most powerful country in the game.

So I decided to play a little game with that old fool Tokuwaga. I buttered him up first with generous gifts of gold (I was by far the richest country in the game :D ). When Tokuwaga was ready to worship me I had an alliance signed between my glorious Greek Empire and the Japanese. After the alliance was signed, my forces easiy went through Japan and entered Babylon, easily conquering the weak country. After that, I had complete access to the brand new Egypt (which had replaced the ruined Spanish), which I wiped out in a year (it was only one city). Now I had complete access to Japan. *Smiles evilly*

I cancelled my alliance with Japan, broke the peace treaty with the capture of their pathetic little Satsuma, then captured most all the other cities in Japan with diplomats. Now Japan was at my mercy. In the diplomatic meetings, Tokuwaga actually payed me 500 gold to sign a cease fire, and 700 to sign a peace treaty. After getting the money I broke the peace treaty, capturing Kyoto when the Japanese least expecting it and destroying fertile Japan.

After getting rid of Japan, I easily had clear shots at India and America, whom I manipulated into fighting each other. India wound up conquering America but by then it was tired out and weak, so I easily destroyed it (breaking a peace treaty in the process).

What do you think of my devious handywork. Sure, my reputation was poor but who cares?

Very good!

Similar to the way i play the game :devil2:

I like the idea of continually breaking alliances and peace treaties - most amusing

especially satisfying and is inevitably happens to me in other games!

JC :band:

First, I am delighted to meet another player who is fanatical about being the Greek Empire.
Second,Excellent play strategy. I would have done the same thing. However, if there is another country that was somewhere near Japan in might, I would not betray the Japs until the end of the game. When I did, I would destroy their capital first. ( To save on city purchases.):tank:

I was the French on europe map, and BOYY was I evil. I was the largest civilization in the world and all I did was BULY BULY BULY. Every time the Chinese cunstated a new unit, I killed it.:mischief: :mischief: :mischief: :mischief:

HA!
I love that style, getting money for peace treaties and cease fires, then breaking them

Yeah. I only use it on the last Civ though.

Top Bottom