1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Sound of Drums - A British Hearts of Iron II AAR

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Kan' Sharuminar, Nov 19, 2007.

1. nodikus

nodikus It's Elementary...

That's actually a pretty good idea. If war comes that will be one less group to cause unrest.
    The Canadian group was called the Mackenzie-Papineau Battalion. Not sure what the British called themselves.

2. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

I say we just let them be. Let them beat each other up. No need for Britain to get involved in this mess. Just ensure that Gibraltar remains safe.

Orange=Republican
    Yellow=Nationalists

3. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

No it wasn't what they called their names. It was how they enlisted I think, sicne it was via some internatinoal service as it was banned in Canada to enlist directly.

4. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

International Brigades

5. e350tb

e350tb Stupendously Illogical Englishman

Yeah! More planes to play with! (They may be rubbish, but they're still mine...ALL MINE!)

6. steviejay

steviejay Now in Black and White!!

I have spoken to several Japanese military officers whilst attending lecturers at Sandhurst and when you talk to them you fully understand their mind set. These men lively purely in the ways of bushido. If they feel that it's in their best interest, do not expect a peace treaty or friendly relations to stop them.

I'm not saying they will do so now, they're too busy consolodating their position in Manchuria, I'm just saying......... it could get very lonely for a one carrier fleet in Asia if the worst happens ;)

In regards to Asia, what is the Prime Minister's stance on sending aid? Is there benefit to be had from aiding one party? Should Britain stand with their legally elected brethern?

7. Peck of Arabia

Peck of Arabia Sociable Recluse

We're building a Battleship!? I suppose one or two more couldn't hurt... but I strongly object to any overreliance on them (although everytime I try to cut back on them something goes horribly wrong, I maintain it's because me and navies don't get along), still, I maintain that theoretically Battleships are a waste of our time- even if they do look damned impressive.

Ooh, and looking more into the armed forces as a whole- are we looking for fights or interceptors, I've already posed the naval bombers question, and how much use would strategic bombers be to us?

And to conclude the trio- any thoughts on the army (I never get the right balance of infantry to armoured and other divisions)

8. Rheinmetall

Rheinmetall Interplanetary Assassin

I haven't posted in a while, but I've been closely following the development of things in this thread. I recently got a copy of EU3, and i've been trying to learn it.

If I have the time there will be an AAR of the noobish kind.

9. Kozmos

Kozmos Jew Detective

Two carries? Hmm that will do I guess. What kind of planes can be stationed on Carriers, is it only fighters or can small naval bombers fit as well?

10. Peck of Arabia

Peck of Arabia Sociable Recluse

There's only one form of plane for carriers, a Carrier Air Group or something to that effect that's essentially a jack of all trades- though I'm not sure where it's speciality lies, if indeed being a jack of all trades, it actually has one

11. Darth_Pugwash

Darth_Pugwash wobble wobble

Hello all, just a quick note to say that my internet connection has been down since last Friday, which is why I haven't been around. Possibly it will be back up this weekend, but possibly not.

Carry on, chaps, and give the Krauts a good kicking for me (in the unlikely event that we go to war with them, of course ;))

Also, regarding the Spanish situation, I reccomend that we re-inforce Gibraltar just a show that we are not to be trifled with if either of the factions get greedy.

12. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

I'm baaack. :D

13. Kan' Sharuminar

Kan' Sharuminar Fluffy

I concur.

It would seem pretty damned hypocritical of us to send aid to China in their civil wars, yet not to Spain. We should leave them be to fight it out.

I would personally prefer to go down the Spitfire (Fighters) line for now, but our Chief of the Airforce has recommended Hurricanes (interceptors). Both are good aircraft, but it really is his decision.

Damn fine chaps, would trust any one of our army troops to fight for us ;)

You get Carrier Air Groups (CAG) specifically for assignment to Aircraft Carriers. At the moment we use Fairey Swordfish.

I would be willing to send one infantry division to Gibralter, if the Cabinet deems it wise.

Thank god! The Russians are invading with several hundred divisions, and we only have one militia division to counter it. You're on the first flight to Poland to take command!

@all: One thing not mentioned in the last update is our improved relations with France. They are willing to trade technologies with us, and as such we received blueprints to basic tank designs and improved Battle-cruisers, the latter would have taken us at least another year had we worked on it by ourselves.

14. Maniacal

We need to improve our carrier craft, the swordfish, while good, are still biplanes and will be outdated within a year.

15. Kan' Sharuminar

Kan' Sharuminar Fluffy

We can begin work on the Blackburn Skua, but that may take many months to design. I would wait until the latter half of 1937 to authorise such a project.

16. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

Ok, I've wanted to see Poland for a long time! ;) :D

17. Maniacal

All right.

18. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

Jolly good. (I've been waiting for an opportunity to say that :yeah: )

I would also prefer to go with Spitfires. Controlling the skies with fighters will ensure that our enemies cannot gain the upper hand.

19. Riptide_Monzarc

Riptide_Monzarc Chieftain

I still say we shall rue remaining idle in world affairs. Hitler and Mussolini have no doubt sent aid, as Russia is likely to, to both Spain and China. Meanwhile we sit back and do nothing, take no firm stand. In the eyes of the world which we deem ourselves so masterful of, we are asleep at the rudder, our ship of state foundering off some forgotten shore while the armada of current events parades by without heed nor respect.

Disregarding the strategic benefits of taking either one of the Spanish factions underwing (which would relieve the necessity for any garrisoning of Gibraltar and free-up French and possibly Spanish troops to hold the Maginot and Italian lines), we have our sacred honor to think of; our very standing among nations. Why would we wish to besmirch that? On account of a few resources? Some of our best boys? We're the flipping British Empire! We'll have resources and supplies aplenty, and how will we press our young men into service if they cannot respect the actions of their Government?

This is not a final plea, but rather a lament, and I shall end it here with this quote: Si vis pacem, para bellum.

20. potatokiosk

potatokiosk Deity

I don't think people are going to think our empire is dead/asleep just because we aren't sticking our noses into other people's business. It just shows that we're above it all.

Besides, what if we send aid to the losing faction in Spain? Then the winning faction will actually have a reason to attack Gibraltar.