The Sound of Drums - A British Hearts of Iron II AAR

In that case the winning side should to weak to do anything immediately. By the time thier strong enough we should have more forces in position.

That is why we bring the Republicans an a-l-l-i-a-n-c-e. We help them whip their enemies and so gain their unfailing gratitude. It really unnerves me that so few could see the benefits of intervention. *shakes head ruefully and has a cigar with Mr. Churchill*

OOC note: I'm playing the apoplectic Imperialist pressing for British domination, though I'm not personally upset if my suggestions aren't taken. They're mostly for comic relief, anyway...as well as getting to say nya-nya when the Huns of East and West start on the march.

OOC note: I'm playing the apoplectic Imperialist pressing for British domination, though I'm not personally upset if my suggestions aren't taken. They're mostly for comic relief, anyway...as well as getting to say nya-nya when the Huns of East and West start on the march.

I consider all comments in-character unless obviously not so, or if it's preceded with the OOC :)

For the record - I am against an alliance with Spain simply due to the fact our military cannot support it - we would be able to do little but have our fleets patrol the coast. In addition, Republican Spain has refused to listen to any suggestion involving allying herself with Britain. The best we can do is choose to send volunteers and some supplies.

What little help we can offer, is unlikely to affect the outcome. If we need the resources ourselves, I suggest we keep our noses out of it.

What little help we can offer, is unlikely to affect the outcome. If we need the resources ourselves, I suggest we keep our noses out of it.

Is the sad truth of things. Our main resources are slowly pulling themselves back up, but money (and supplies) can still go either way, and a massive military campaign will simply bankrupt us at this moment.

intervene however on the side of the nationalists, just send supplies

they're obviously the lesser of two evils, Hun and Italian support behind the nationalists vs. Communist support behind the republicans

The communists threaten our king, Germans threaten nothing but the Soviets

Intervene for the nationalists? That would just result in a nation friendly with the fascist governments in Germany and Italy. France would be surrounded by potentially hostile nations.

I'd put in a vote for improved planes for the Carriers. Maybe a Sea Spitfire(Or Seafires as they were called for short).

Intervene for the nationalists? That would just result in a nation friendly with the fascist governments in Germany and Italy. France would be surrounded by potentially hostile nations.

theres a problem with that? its the civilized nations of the world verses communism, The Germans and Italians are no threat

I'm very wary of these fascists. Hitler and Mussolini are radical figures. Theres no telling what they are capable of.

The Treaty of Versaille was WAY too harsh, and the Germans greatly resent that, Hitler is no exception. The Maginot Line only protects the French-German border, Belgium is poorly defended. The Italian border should be no problem, Italy is weak as well. If a nationalist or even communist Spain attacks France that southern border is poorly defended. I doubt a communist Spain will invade France however, for against the French and British armies and Navies they would be outmatched and will probably take some years just to stabalise the country enough. A facist Spain allied to Germany and Italy would be a grave threat to France, unless it is weakened. Either way I recommend we give no aid to Spain, hopefully it will be devasted enough to not be a threat.

The Treaty of Versaille was WAY too harsh, and the Germans greatly resent that, Hitler is no exception. The Maginot Line only protects the French-German border, Belgium is poorly defended. The Italian border should be no problem, Italy is weak as well. If a nationalist or even communist Spain attacks France that southern border is poorly defended. I doubt a communist Spain will invade France however, for against the French and British armies and Navies they would be outmatched and will probably take some years just to stabalise the country enough. A facist Spain allied to Germany and Italy would be a grave threat to France, unless it is weakened. Either way I recommend we give no aid to Spain, hopefully it will be devasted enough to not be a threat.

I agree that Versailles was incredibly harsh. The previous government certainly didn't think properly about the ramifications.

I do not think that Spain will do much. No matter what side wins, they will be a shadow of it's former self (which considering the state Spain has been in recently, that's saying something). Don't expect a mass surge into Southern Spain and Italy's no hope either. They had to use every weapon available to conquer Abyssinian and had to build their own roads. For the next few years they'll be consolodating their position in that sand dune they call an empire.

And Joseph Stalin isn't?

Given that the entire Cabinet appears anti-communist, I'm very certain Minister Subi was simply not mentioning Stalin out of redundancy,

Good posts by PrinceScamp and Steviejay. I think we should watch the German situation very carefully - they could be very handy trading partners, but at the same time if the Fuhrer's ambitious threatens the balance of power in Europe, then we will suffer a very grave problem.

Still, 1936 Olympics this August. Should be a nice, non-controversial couple of weeks in Germany, right? Right?

Still, 1936 Olympics this August. Should be a nice, non-controversial couple of weeks in Germany, right? Right?

I'll give the nazi's one thing, they sure know how to throw a party ;)

I don't see any reason why he would invade.

EDIT: or how

He might not be a threat to us, but he has been eyeing for the baltic countries for a while. He might get into his head to invade them.

Top Bottom