The Sound of Drums - A British Hearts of Iron II AAR

Rest assured, it's only a paint job. It can do amazing things you know, some paint. :mischief:

OOC: Again, I'd need to download a skin ^_^U

Right, little help here chaps.

The Lend Lease fires every time I reload the save - I've noticed before in other games, but because I normally play several months in-game at a time, it's hardly a problem. It is here however, because I'm normally playing just a few days or weeks between saving. That could create a lot of IC in a very short amount of time.

Is there any way I can fix this, or even create an event that allows me to decide if enough time has passed in-game to allow the US to send another package to Britain/China/Russia? Essentially an event that triggers the US' "send another Lend-Lease package to country x."

It's not too big a problem - I can simply remove the Lend Lease events if no-one has a fix. It'll just delay tonight's update a bit.

If it's creating IC without giving you enough resources to utilize it, I wouldn't worry too much
about it.

Why fix it? Consider it repairations to the crown for that whole revolutionary war thing

well it reflect the amount of material they sent over so stick with I say, unless it is just annoying you

It would be better to fix it if possible since it would make it to easy otherwise since you get like 6 IC per.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth and all that old chap. Tell the chaps out making their morning coffee using acorns that we have enough IC, I fear you may be chased out with pitchforks and flaming torches ;-)

They're drinking coffee? Dammit, I left strict instructions to the War Ministry that we must play up the British stereotype during combat operations! It's tea, grim sarcasm under pressure, crumpets and looking down at other cultures in the name of imperialism. What will those bloody yanks think, what what?

The Sound of Drums - A British Hearts of Iron II AAR
Part Fifty-Four​

5th-17th October 1940

With the war in North Africa and the Mediterranean taking up the attention of the Cabinet and British press, it was no surprise that the war in Norway was becoming known as the ‘forgotten campaign.’

The front-line of the Norwegian war

Compared to the fast moving “tanks and trucks” war of North Africa, the Norwegian campaign was almost static. A vast line of trenches and fortifications, stretching from Bergen on the coast to Hamar on the Swedish border, would give a casual observer the notion they had stepped back in time to the Great War. This was a false impression - the trenches were nowhere near as complex as their ancestors from before, nor did the troops using them have any intention of staying in them for long.

Offensives in Norway happened often, and in great strength. In the first half of October alone the Germans hit the British Lines with ten divisions, forcing them back before being defeated by a joint British-Norwegian counter-attack that restored the front by the 15th. Taking advantage of the situation, the Allies pushed onwards into Hamar, but withdrew a few days later, deciding the province could not be held.

It was the terrain - rough at best, impassable at worst - that both sides were truly fighting. Both sides had long since learnt that the best way to thwart an offensive was to simply withdraw slowly, engage in small raids against the attackers weak points, then launch a counter-attack as they struggled to establish themselves in the new province. The Norwegian campaign was, simply put, an ever-shifting front-line that would always revert to its original position.

A Vickers-Wellington brought into Norway

Deciding that the Germans in Norway would not be defeated through stubbornness alone, British High Command brought forward a new plan. Aircraft were brought in - three Spitfire and a Vickers-Wellington tactical bomber wing to provide an edge in the air and begin attacks on German positions. At sea, the Third Fleet was reassigned from its standard patrol duties to one of convoy raiding - any and all German merchants or supply vessels in the Skagerrak Strait were subject to boarding or, in many cases, outright attack. Command of the Norwegian theatre was reassigned to General SirTommygun, who took over from Brooke-Popham.

Actual land offensives were halted, except to keep the Germans on edge with feints or counter-attacks, while a fresh plan could be provided. The idea of an amphibious landing near Oslo was brought up, possibly with the marines or airborne troops that were currently under development. It would require waiting until the spring, and by then it was assumed the Germans would be so devastated by the air and naval campaign that they would have little option other than surrender.

It was a long-term operation then, and it doomed southern Norway to German occupation for at least another four months. It was believed to be the most sensible and realistic plan to defeating the Germans there, and the Prime Minister approved of it. Delighted to provide some news of the war efforts somewhere other than the Mediterranean, he ordered a Cabinet meeting to be held to properly discuss Norway. As it happened, he was forced to have it cancelled due to a major event occurring in, of course, the Mediterranean. The Italian 1st Squadra had finally engaged the British fleet…

So the Italians finally came out from under their rock. Its time for British guns to make Italian scrap metal.

OH NO!!! Cliffhanger, TAMTAMTADUM!!!!

Finally, those pesky Italians come out. Right into my guns....

To battle stations men!

Monday I'll be leaving for Florida as a guest of the American government, then I'll be heading for the Bahamas to "access our strength" in the area.

I'll be gone until the 14th =) pip pip all.

Victory for the British! The Mediterranean must be an English lake!

Is there any way we could get more bombers to the Norwegian theatre? The options air power offer could make or break a static theatre such as that.

Is there any way we could get more bombers to the Norwegian theatre? The options air power offer could make or break a static theatre such as that.

We lack any sort of tactical bombers except the one that's in Norway already, I'm not sure how that passed us by. There are strategic bombers, but I want to save them for the upcoming air campaign against Germany.

Wouldn't those units use previous supplies up. At least from their bases in Britain are they guaranteed to be topped up without fear of going dry.

Top Bottom