1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Spanish Reconquista (RCQ)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by LouLong, Mar 25, 2005.

1. LouLong

LouLong In love with Rei Ayanami

OK, I know it will sound hard to believe but I have decided to really start working on it (just spent 2 hours on it !). I haven't and won't be doing all the changes I wanted and obivously I will keep some choices I made that are historically unaccurate but that are I think done as best as can be considering the editor and the sense of balance I search.
    Anyway I thought you guys deserved a real update (actually it will be an entire package) with more art, a much longer Muslim tech-tree (with some more modern units to resist the Reconquista a tad !!) and especially a real PBEM version as it is currently requested.

2. Mentat

Mentat Illienthir Master

Good to see that you are back to business Lou. ^^
    I myself am not so lucky atm, but I hope to find time around Xmas.
    I am really looking forward to the update on Reconquista Lou!
    Cheers.
    Mentat

3. LouLong

Well, thanks. I am merely doing testing and balancing now so everything else works fine.

Except of course I haven't really changed the civs nor many cities (this I should try for at least a couple).

On the other hand I really need a gfx for the leaderhead (in the diplo screen). I have put a request in the main forum but to no avail. The leaderheads per se have been changed but I simply failed everytime I try to work on the advisors.... Anyone could help me with that ? Then I could upload the main file.....

4. LouLong

The main folder for v1.5 has been uploaded and is now available.

The biq for standard game will be released shortly (just some finetuning) that is tonight or tomorrow and it will be followed by the MP biq.

As stated above it does not answer all requests but addresses the most common ones such as the Muslim tech-tree, the razing of cities, etc...

5. LouLong

6. RedwallFortress

RedwallFortress Necromancer Emperor

Hooray :woohoo: :dance:
    V 1.5 is out!!!!

What do I need to do to DL it?
    Great Job:goodjob: LouLong , you have my gratitude for making such an interesting scenario.

Edit
    I have just found out that the main file is at 3D downloads. This is a problem to me as I can't :( use 3D. It requires me to open popups and cookies on my computer, and I can't do that as that will cause my PC to crash. I have an old bug on my computer that makes it freeze up and crash when I try to open popups or cookies. Sorry but I will not be able to DL this scenario. To bad, I :( enjoyed playing RCQ V 1.2.

7. Heptadelphoi

Heptadelphoi 7 brothers

Hi Loulong, im a new user here, i have european spanish version of civ3c and i have been able to play La Reconquistav1.3 fixing some errors in PediaIcons and Civilopedia, but V1.5 when i execute it, it tells me "ERROR READING FILE", "Missing entry in '..\Reconquista\Text\Pediaicons.txt" and this last "ICON_BDLG_Zaragossa".
    I have been looking for them (files) in pediaicons and civilopedia text and Reconquista folder but i think there is nothing, can u help me or give me a new complete pediaicons and civilopedia texts? :mischief:

I like this scenario :goodjob:

Thanks for all!

8. Ares de Borg

Ares de Borg Norman Knight

Just found this. Looks interesting! Thanks!

9. LouLong

Sorry for that. Maybe you can sort things out with someone who can send it to you over another newtork.
    I actually put one scenario before on eMule so maybe I can try that again. Would that be ok for you ?

10. LouLong

Well, hope you like it !
    Comments welcome !

11. LouLong

I don't know what happened. I checked and the references are there for sure so... I don't know... Maybe the "tranlsation" issue... Did you check the tool whose reference I give in the second post.

Are you sure you downloaded and installed the newest "main" files ? And not only the newest biq ?

12. TopGun

TopGun 258 kills

Wow, you do deliver! :thumbsup:
    I will have to give the new Reconquista a try once I finish my current "Age of Imperialism" game as Austria-Hungary (have 9 civ years to go).

13. RedwallFortress

RedwallFortress Necromancer Emperor

I have never used eMule before so I can't be sure how it will work. But we can give it a :goodjob: try.

14. Heptadelphoi

Heptadelphoi 7 brothers

Thanks Loulong, i think it must be i didnt download the new zip files, u uploaded Nov 24th and i downloaded before of this, i had the old ones.

i tell u when i download it, cya then.:crazyeye:

15. LouLong

I have it available on eMule(when I am connected).

Now could I have some feedback before I release the MP version, please ?
    (I hope you are all too busy enjoying/playing it ! ;) )

16. Mentat

Mentat Illienthir Master

I am going to test it asap Lou.

17. Heptadelphoi

Heptadelphoi 7 brothers

The game, in my spanish Conquest version goes genial, i had to fixed some problems with 'sound' and '.ini' and translate too. If this scenario is historical only note this:

in 1093 AD, Alfonso VI of Castile and León granted Enrique from Burgundy a county in the Southwest part of his Kingdom because he got married with Teresa de León (Alfonso VI's daughter), as 'Conde of Portvs Cale', actually is Portugal and this county would become a Kingdom few years later. Portugal on game is a little big in 1080.

in 1237 born a new muslim kingdom, the Nazaríes or Nasrí, the last muslim dinasty after almohads go down with Granada as Capital.

This is a 1210 AD. Picture, similar like scenario, next to this time:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/43/Castilla_1210.png

I hope to be able to help u, i like this scenario Loulong, u made a good work :goodjob: :)

18. LouLong

Heptadelphoi : Civ3 has no events so it is not to be perfectly accurate. I have to choose gameplay vs realism and I prefer gameplay. Altogether I think the scenario plays ok and is quite realistic. And I assure you it is not because of lack of historical knowldge :)

Anyway more feedback please. I would like to release the MP version quickly (it is needed for PBEMs) and I need feedback on the new techs, the evolution of civilizations, etc... the balance of strengths and wekanessesn of units...

19. jiikoo

jiikoo Warlord

I have noticed one thing. When played Leon, i had a chance to build order of Aziz in town Zaracassa?. When the wonder finished the game crashed. 100 % sure. Another game and when Portugal conguered that city and built it everything was ok.

20. Heptadelphoi

Heptadelphoi 7 brothers

Hi jiikoo, i think u have to re-download the zip folder for v1.5, this same thing happened on my game too, simply i forgot to re-download Reconquista.zip, i had the old one. :mischief:

Loulong it's a pity u only prefer gameplay and not gameplay&realism alltogether, though i understand u. :)

Cool! :goodjob: