Bede

Deity
Game: Civ 1.61
Level: Monarch
Map: TBD
Climate: Random
Opponents: Random
Victory: all on but Domination or Conquest is the objective
Nation:TBD. Spain? Kublai Khan might be fun too.

Some of the C3C warhorses were hanging out in the pasture grousing about their struggles on the battlefields of C-iv. Kylearan from St Cyr (RBCiv) joined the bull session (warhorses? grouse? bulls? - where is this going?). The following is the transcript of those proceedings.

Roster:
Bede
Whomp
grahamiam
Admiral Kutzov
romeothemonk
Kylearan

I am inclined to use one of the Archipelago maps because I really like exploration and sea borne invasions. Or perhaps a balanced continents map with everybody on their own landmass.

Other than that one setting I prefer that all others be random.

Standard 24/48 rule applies.

lurking:

it's nice to see some C3C guys having good fun here hopefully, this should be fun to lurk

i wanna be a CIV guy too, but time is too short lately :) Also, I get to see if alt-tabbing is any better with 1.61, so I'll dump that autolog thingy.

Sancho Is Checking in. We are ready to go charging at Windmills.

Quite an esteemed crew you've set up here Venerable One. I will do my best to, at least, entertain the lurkers.

I like the idea of building the Spanish armada on a island map.

Hi,

checking in. Looking forward to play with you all! :hammer:

I would play every map type, but since Epic 2 is an archipelago map I have a slight preference for a non-archipelago map.

EDIT: Scratch that. I definately need to improve on archipelago maps, and few SGs use them, so yeah - let's build an armada. ;)

grahamiam said:
I'll dump that autolog thingy.
:worship:

-Kylearan

The only one missing so far is the Admiral.

Anybody have any experience building an Archipelago map? And any preferences on settings? Epic2 is Tiny Islands so we can skip that one. But IIRC there is one called Snaky Continents.

And it looks like the overwhelming preference is for Spain.

I opened a Snaky Continents Archi map in WB just for grins and it looks very interesting for an Islands based armada. Never tried a fractal map. Will do that tonight.

First go at the map and I hosed the settings, back soon

@Bede-- I have a Cubs game tonight but I can roll tomorrow for sure.

I thought we were playing at monarch?

One More Try

The Settings

It is Monarch and Raging Barbarians (gotta love those little guys) on a Snaky Continents Archipelago map

The Start

Two crab beds and some wine for the paella...but no rice visible.

Order of go

Whomp - tomorrow will be fine
grahamiam - on deck
Kylearan
Admiral Kutzov
romeothemonk
Bede

OK cool. Time to jump on the 'el so please discuss our open. I would like to try a hydra but would understand if we go another way.

just for me, use small words and type slowly por favor.

WTH is a hydra other than a snake with multiple heads?

sidebar - fractals seem to dump all civs but one onto a continent.

@ whomp, I left the car, get with the program

just treat me as gma with no baking skills. but we have food, therefore, we shall slave?

Warrior/warrior while researching to a religion or two, or even three. Then three workboats (two to drag crabs, one to explore). Then a worker while we learn Mining and Bronze.

Send the warrior along the river NE.

It is a terrible dry start so it looks like we will be depending on the sea for commerce for awhile.

k, but the capital is hammer poor. how we gonna make war? move the settler one right to the other river? although neither looks like it goes anywhere. are we trying to sling the maces?

Admiral Kutzov said:
k, but the capital is hammer poor. how we gonna make war? move the settler one right to the other river? although neither looks like it goes anywhere. are we trying to sling the maces?[the right river is dead, you'll see when the warrior gets moved/QUOTE] no idea what i just did sorry for the double post

Normally I'm no big fan of the hydra, as it delays crucial worker techs. This time however, with no resources in range other than sea resources (and we know Fishing already), it's okay. But be careful not to overdo it; stop after two religions and review the situation to look if we can really afford to go for a third religion. Easier diplomacy and later wall street in Barcelona is nice and all, but delaying techs like sailing, BW, AH and such can really hurt us in the long run.

I hope at least one hill is hidden under the fog! We should definately not chop those forests, to conserve their production power. The whip might come in handy, although I usually don't whip the capital. But maybe we will have copper or iron at the capital, which would make it okay somewhat.

Hm...looking at the post count of this crew, I have to spam this thread a lot to get my fourth digit ASAP, otherwise I'd feel I do not really fit in... :p It's scary, almost worth three LKendters! :crazyeye:

-Kylearan

Kylearan said:
Hm...looking at the post count of this crew, I have to spam this thread a lot to get my fourth digit ASAP, otherwise I'd feel I do not really fit in... :p It's scary, almost worth three LKendters! :crazyeye:
Spam? We don't spam, that's explicitly against the rules! :mischief:

Re: Hydra: I already have 1 head with 2 voices, if I get 3 heads, do the voices increase linearly or exponentially?

Top Bottom