The Spanish Riding School: Haut Ecole for Warhorses

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by Bede, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Admiral Kutzov

Admiral Kutzov Idiot Emeritus

Yo Bede, ye olde baldie whispered in my ear that thine issues have resolved (something about your ninth wife or whatnot). I'll pick this up if someone can lay out a diplo plan.

2. Bede

Bede Deity

Just getting caught up here do I'm not quite sure what's going on.

Look ay Kyl's last post before his enforced retirement and follow what he lays out there, something about cutting a deal with the Japs to attack the Arab. and then preparing for war with the Arabs.

Set up to follow the Sirian doctrine of city bombardment from the sea, followed by fighter planes, if we have any, to weaken the defenders, then a landing and assault by infantry or tanks or whatever is the strongest.

3. Rex Tyrannus

Rex Tyrannus 280lbs of gross stupidity

lurker's comment: It's alive? It's alive! It's alive!!!! (at least I hope so)

4. Kylearan

Kylearan compound eye

Hi,

Retirement? You wish! :lol: I'll try again to load the save after somebody else has played his turnset. After all, I can play all other SGs fine, so I hope it's only this particular save my game chokes on. :)

-Kylearan

5. Rex Tyrannus

Rex Tyrannus 280lbs of gross stupidity

lurker's comment:
    @Bede: If I remember correctly, Romeo had his original problem trying to open a save that you had last played, just like Kylearan in this most recent episode. Could this be a case, similar to PBEM games, where using two different file systems is tripping things up? Is your drive formatted for NTFS while Ky's is FAT32, or vice-versa?

It just seems odd that the only two times I've seen this happen centers around you. Are you running an odd configuration? Something like your save being housed on a network drive, or a cracked-out, over-clocked Win95 that you've hacked in a million different ways?

Sorry, the engineer in me is starting to get curious about this. I'll stop mucking up your game now.

6. Admiral Kutzov

I have a goal :bounce:

I prolly won't get to this tonight, but now that I have some direction, methinks i will play. give me until tomorrow midnight.

@ rex, r u sure u r not related to tubs?

7. Whomp

Whomp Keep Calm and Carry On Retired Moderator

Engineer [x]
    He said "like FAT32" and Tubby's...well a tubby rower [x]
    He says smart stuff like "formatted for NTFS". Tubby says junk like that.[x]

I'm thinking yeah.

8. Admiral Kutzov

Rex will be posting charts and graphs soon... :rotfl:

9. Admiral Kutzov

A Day late and a dollar short...

1940:

F Checks:
    Leave all doing what they are doing. Lizzie is up commie, bio, elect, arty. Sal up bio, commie, elect,

41: madrid finishes Wall Street (now +116g)

42: Bismarck completes Apollo!

build lots of coal plants to help the factories.

44: trade flight to lizzie for electric + 510 g. boost science to 100% (-282 gpt)

47: Bio in. Burn the scientist on +2346 for fission. drop science to 80% (+1 gold)

50: Monte wants to talk. peace is straight up. Turnover to next better player

I have record of the city builds if anyone really wants to see them. We're build one airport on each continent and some fighters and destroyers. IMIO, we should burn to industrialism for tanks and radio for bombers. The rail net is almost up. Infra should be pretty good. Take note that some cities are on temporary starvation rations. The harbors are being built for health reasons to keep the growth going. No pix as the map is unchanged.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/11866/1156546444.civ4savedgame

10. Bede

Bede Deity

Admiral (where's my tanks?) K has become a builder! Wow! Time for a little war mongering I think.

Now that the Admiral has built the factories, let's put them to us and here's a roster

Roster

Kylearan - up
    Whomp - on deck
    G-man
    Bede
    AdmK

11. Kylearan

Kylearan compound eye

Hi,

got it! I hope the save likes me this time.

-Kylearan

12. Kylearan

Kylearan compound eye

Hi,

unfortunately, the problems with this game got even worse: Trying to load the save is enough now to freeze my computer. :( Somehow, this game doesn't like me. I had this kind of problem only once before, months ago with a private game. All other games I could load with no problems. :confused:

Sorry, but it looks like I have to resign from this game - but I'll lurk and try to comment anyway. :sad:

-Kylearan

13. Bede

Bede Deity

:sad: That is a bummer. Not sure I can even imagine a solution.

Roster

Whomp - up for a shot at Saladin?
    G-man - on deck
    Bede
    AdmK

Kylearan - coaching from the sidelines

14. Whomp

Busy today but I'll give it a go tomorrow.

15. Whomp

I attempted 3 times last night. The furthest I got was to reconfigure the game for windowed mode. I'll finish tonight.

16. Whomp

Man...I can't catch a break. MTDG and RL junk hit tonight and I just got home.

Bede I promise to get it tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

17. Whomp

Pre turn: Get a grip on the situation. It's been awhile since I've played SP.

I notice units are loaded on boats yet so I load them. There's a hill at 75% that will be a good place to land but will take an extra turn. I figure I can bomb the city first and run the transports around in the process. Lose corn and 8gpt. There's 2 infantry, 5 cannons and a Camel archer in the city. There's 2 more camel archer on a hill protecting resources. Get hit musicals to keep the troops happy for cows from our friend Bismarck.

IT Fission comes in and set to industrialism for aluminum and tanks. Let's see if I can trade a bit. Rocketry will give us the chance for nukes. Bismarck finishes a casing and Saladin is spotted near Hurrian and revolted to State Property.

1951 Oops. That's 2 rifles and cannon close to Hurrian. Move a 3 rifles and a cav towards Hurian with a galleon. Dump off units on Nagoya Hill. Knock Nagoya to zero defenses. Anjar is hit to 34% by our destroyer.

IT We destroy a couple cannons and an infantry from our landing. Bismarck completes another casing.

1952 Send in the fighters and they do massive damage at Nagoya. 3rd cannon does damage and retreats. Kylearan's battery does damage but loses to the infantryman. Igor's Legions are near flawless taking infantry followed by 2nd infantry of Santiago which takes a camel archer and will be promoted, Gman's 101st takes out the remaining infantry, 13th Whomper Stomper takes a cannon, Monk's 7th Brigage takes a cannon, Seville 9th Rifle takes the city and 146g.

Wipe out the defenses at Anjar. Upgrade a rifle to infantry at Hurrian and another will be due next turn.

IT An infantry attacks our rifle in Nagoya and wins. The enemy is spotted near Nagoya, Hurrian, Rome.

1953 Do damage to the offending infantry and camel with 2 fighters. Romeo's 1st infantry takes the infantry, Igor going for his 4th promo takes the camel archer.
    Hurrian's new 17th infantry takes out one rifle, Santiago's 5th rifle takes the 2nd and 9th Madrid Cavalry will get its 4th promotion wiping out the cannon. The incursion at Hurrain has been eliminated. 3rd Destroyer of Barcelon takes out a roaming transport headed towards Nagoya

IT Bismarck finishes another casing. Our ironclad is destroyed by a destroyer at Hurrian. Fortunately, we just had a destroyer finish in Hurrian.

1954 ohoh. There's 3 transports and a destroyer at
    Bomb Najran down to 0% for 60%.

IT we're attacked and kill 2 arty. A fishing boat is destroyed. Liz completes Apollo and the Dai Miao. Enemy is near Rome and Salamanca. Bomb Anjar with our fighters. Lose a cannon doing collateral damage, hit it with another and do more damage, Bede's 14th cav takes the infantry, Kylearean's 19th Cav takes Anjar and 157g.

Bomb Kufah down to 0%

Summary
    I could only get in 5 turns. I'm not sure what we should do at this point since we're get a lot of WW already plus that battleship and destroyer combo are wreaking some havoc. There are units that should be moved to Rome to block any incursion. There's boats with movement left too. Things look tough with Bismarck completing 3 casings and no trades were available. Sorry about the lack of pics but they don't seem to come out very well when you're playing in windowed mode.

I can try to play again over the weekend if no one else can.

The Save

18. Admiral Kutzov

Hmm. I'm singing in the rain for most of the weekend, so if gram or bede don't go by sunday, i will.

:bounce:

Guest roster check:
    Whomp - took a shot at Saladin? hmm
    G-man - on deck
    Bede - in the hole
    AdmK - messin with the order

19. Bede

Bede Deity

@gman, if you can fit this in tomorrow I can take my licks on Sunday.

20. grahamiam

grahamiam In debt to Mr. Geisel

crap, sorry. didn't see this till too late. I can take it Sunday if you have Monday open, otherwise, we can swap.