The Spanish Ripoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
no - your fallacy is that g+k is a standalone game, what i am saying is after g+k, when i load the game, i will have money missing from a product that i paid for 2x but have one playable/usable instance of.

G+K is an expansion, meaning i have only one spain that is playable that i had to pay for 2x to get one function out of in the most recent form of the product, which is defined as vanilla+expansion.

Toto - if i could "gift" my "extra spain" to a friend then i wouldn't be so upset. That would mean "after buying g+k" i could give my "useless wasteful overflow" to someone else who does not have it, and they could benefit from it, thus eliminating the waste. of course it would be worthless because everyone will have it anyway and nobody will "need" it or benefit from receiving it.

Question - would you actually drop the issue if you only had to pay $27 for G+K instead of $30?

Out of curiosity, has Spain's new UA changes been confirmed or is it just speculation. Also why haven't you answered any of my points, theadian I feel lonely :cry:

No speculation at this point; but if it is the DLL should be different depending on which you load up (Gand K) or vanilla

no - your fallacy is that g+k is a standalone game, what i am saying is after g+k, when i load the game, i will have money missing from a product that i paid for 2x but have one playable/usable instance of.

G+K is an expansion, meaning i have only one spain that is playable that i had to pay for 2x to get one function out of in the most recent form of the product, which is defined as vanilla+expansion.

Both are playable; They do become stand alone games according to web defs and Steam. So... At this point I think you are being nitpicky.

Do you also complain whenever a game you bought goes on sale?

im being nitpicky about paying 2 times for a product that is only usable once - sure i could go back and play "vanilla" but you are just trying to make a mockery of my point.

i think you are trying to defray the topic, by making it look as though i am just being an idiot for wanting to not pay 2x for the SAME THING.

about buying games on sale: that is different, because i am getting a product at a reduced price.

in this "sale" i am getting products at an increased price.

Many people may have made a different purchasing decision had they known they'd get Spain in an expansion they were going to buy anyway.

I call BS. Not one of you would have waited 7(?) months for Spain to come out while the rest of thoroughly enjoyed playing with and against an interesting civ that we got for....wait for it....$3. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Question - would you actually drop the issue if you only had to pay $27 for G+K instead of $30?

spot on. if customers who bought the spain/inca DLC were given this discount, then i would stop complaining because i would feel i "paid to have it early" instead of "paying twice to have one civilization".

im being nitpicky about paying 2 times for a product that is only usable once - sure i could go back and play "vanilla" but you are just trying to make a mockery of my point.

i think you are trying to defray the topic, by making it look as though i am just being an idiot for wanting to not pay 2x for the SAME THING.

about buying games on sale: that is different, because i am getting a product at a reduced price.

in this "sale" i am getting products at an increased price.

I guess Mark-Ups are a new concept. But ok, I will just refrain so I don't derail your "topic". Not telling you how to pick your battles, but not sure if this one is worth fighting...

I call BS. Not one of you would have waited 7(?) months for Spain to come out while the rest of thoroughly enjoyed playing with and against an interesting civ that we got for....wait for it....$3. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Well actually I bought Spain + Inca at the latest Sale before the Expansion was announced.

I was expecting some DLCs to be in the expansion, so thought I would wait. The sale price and the doomsdayers talking about no expansion drew me in. Otherwise I would have waited as well :lol:

Actually, Spain was released Dec 2010, so it would have been 18 months. So, he wants a discount equal to the $3 he spent a year and a half ago? Considering inflation and stuff, I'm not sure you'd be entitled to any discount at all.

this wasn't advertised as a "mark up", it was advertised as "here it is" and it became a markup after the fact. however, i would have waited for g+k had i known up front, then i would have instead made a thread called "release inca without spain!"

btw, under the notion of 2-product rule do i have to buy all of the civ 5 vanilla DLC for g+k?

will i be able to use these DLC with it? I paid for these civ's not to "have them early" but to "have them at all" and to "use them in each version".

Had i been told up front that this was paying to have it early, i would have waited.

And then I read your signature lines and figured it would be someone with your views complaining about not getting things for free.

Hey now... lets not go here. That is neither there nor here, nor relevant.

I own Spain and have no issues. If anything it'll let me play Spain in MP with people who haven't bought the DLC. Which is a plus for me, since I love playing Spain.

Also they may have included the price of Spain in the expansion itself. Otherwise it may cost $33 instead of $30!

I own Spain and have no issues. If anything it'll let me play Spain in MP with people who haven't bought the DLC. Which is a plus for me, since I love playing Spain.

Also they may have included the price of Spain in the expansion itself. Otherwise it may cost $33 instead of $30!

I got to say that is the biggest advantage for me. More people in the pool to play multiplayer with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom