1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Spiffing Brit won a diplomatic victory...with no cities

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by tiamats4esgares, Aug 3, 2020.

1. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

Not saying it's impossible. I'm saying it's kinda lame to try to show off a strange victory when you're clearly using a heavily modded game.

2. Myomoto

Myomoto Prince

Agreed. But all is fair in love and for those sweet sweet youtube bucks I guess :dunno:

Meluhhan likes this.
  3. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

When there are no valid cheats to get click bait on, let’s cheat with cheats.
    Ironic how it devalues him in my eyes.

4. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Nah, make it with 19 so it looks semi-legit and the video is of good length, and you can trick people that don't know any better for clickbait.

5. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

Even the guys who are doing it without mods have to be save-scumming to make sure they pick the winning proposals.
    More power to them, I guess... but it doesn't sound like much fun.

Pfeffersack likes this.
  6. Finvola

Finvola Where's my pie?

I agree, if you're save scumming or using mods to seriously alter game play, it's not much of an achievement or anything to celebrate or make a video out of. Anybody can win with cheats. The person who originally shared the video with me likes watching funny challenges from various games, but I don't think he's a Civ player and wouldn't have noticed some of these things that really stuck out to me.

Pfeffersack likes this.
  7. Josephias

Josephias Emperor

IMHO, that’s a pre-patched (or pre-GS, can’t remember) Amani. She had all the loyalty gimmicks herself, and probably affluence was tweaked to be split between luxury resources and strategic resources (foreighn investor) in the update.

EDIT: Nope, just checked well and the wiki has both the R&F and GS promotion trees, and this Amani does not resemble any of them. Clearly modded.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  8. Deadly Dog

Deadly Dog Warlord

If anyone is interested I did pull this off this week with both Apocalypse and SS modes enabled. Absolutely no mods, no reloads, and as such took a while (380 turns of 750, epic speed). But totally doable, and surprisingly not that hard.

The trick is to use governor promotions from SS invitations to promote the un-modded Amani to the 3rd tier allowing you to collect strategic resources from the CS she is installed in, and to get double that by maintaining Suzerainship of said CS.

I chose a Terra Map, with Kupe of course to get the 2 science/turn to reveal 2 strategic resources, horses and eventually iron. Terra Map because I can max out the number of free envoys for first contact with CS, collect as many tribal villages as possible (giving potentially important inspirations and eurekas, strategics, favor, envoys), clear camps, etc. Most importantly have a pick from a large number of CS's to house Amani and get horses or iron or maybe both. I found one candidate, don't know if that was lucky or unlucky, and got 4 iron per turn for most of the game. that and Diplomatic Favor were the only 2 currencies I had to trade to AI for gold and win Aid competitions. I only got about 50% of the World Council votes right, but stayed afloat with a fair bit of guesswork through 2 sessions where I took the -2 Diplo points with grace (recovering 1 point) but went 3/4 with the other resolutions. Won seven aid competitions in total. Last 2 were getting pretty pricy

Secret Societies mode means you get Amani in fast and promoted and hopefully trading horses and iron early, but meanwhile you suze one CS and meet another and see where the villages are. Also to levy troops to get some serious exploring done.

Kjimmet and CoconutTank like this.