The Spirit of Man II - Brave New World

OOC: I do not really care. I do not want to expand much. My only SOI was modern day Italy. i do not care how I will take it. You can sell it. You can lose it through war. But it is the only damn territory in the entire map that I want.

The Icelandic Royal Navy

• Ranks -
  • Lord Admiral - Commander of the entire Icelandic fleet, answers only to His Majesty the King of Iceland. Generally the most skilled and experienced admiral.
  • Admiral - Commander of an individual fleet. Available only to men of noble rank or, in extremely rare cases, low-born men of extreme merit.
  • Vice Admiral - Highest rank a low-born man can hold in the navy normally, they serve alongside admirals as advisers and assistants.
  • Commodore - A captain that commands more than one vessel. Rarely used except for small expeditions.
  • Captain - Officer that commands one vessel.
  • Junior Officer - Adviser and assistant to a captain, there are generally several junior officers on a ship that oversee the sailors and enforce the captain's will.
  • Sailor - Generic, encompassing rank for several rank of sailor. They are the individual men on the ship, doing the actual jobs required to maintain and run the ship.

His Majesty's Fleet
    Pre-Dreadnought Battleships -
  • HMS Frederik IX, flagship of Lord Admiral Ari Johnsson
    Torpedo Rams -
  • HMS Þrumuveðri Barn, flagship of Admiral Fannar Arisson
  • HMS Reykjavik, flagship of Admiral Snorri Sindrisson
    Gunboats -
  • HMS Kopenhaven, part of Admiral Fannar Arisson's fleet
  • HMS Oslo, part of Admiral Fannar Arisson's fleet
  • HMS Alborg, part of Admiral Snorri Sindrisson's fleet
  • HMS Nuuk, part of Admiral Snorri Sindrisson's fleet

Her Royal Majesty, Queen Camelia Vladislava Driconia, offers Nonaggression Pacts to the Republic of Bosnia, the Provisional Government of Turkey, the Kingdom of Two Sicilies, & the Kingdom of Germany, and a Defensive Alliance to the Republic of Bosnia & the Provisional Government of Turkey.

Revolution was in the air. All around, in the Worker’s District of Reykjavik, people were gathering; in coffee shops, in the streets. There was a murmur, the whisper of a thousand souls; the workers were gathered, prepared to fight and die. A man, tall and imposing, a dark silhouette against the gleaming star above, stepped up and began to speak.

“Comrades, brothers, workers of our glorious Icelandic motherland! My name is Johann. We have long suffered under the ropes and chains of the bourgeois have bound us with. We have made sacrifice after sacrifice, to work for a cent an hour; to give us enough krone to feed our wives and children while we toil away. We have had to endure through the long hours, the searing temperatures, the blinding agony of our limbs being ripped by machines. And yet we sit here, complacent, as we starve and our families descend further into the stygian darkness of poverty. Now, I call upon you, my comrades, my brothers and sisters in arms; my companions through our dark and perilous days... I call upon you, comrades, to rise up against the bourgeois, to rise up against those who would think of themselves as your master! Throw down your banners of the filthy slaver, the one who would rule over you without consent - who would collect the wealth for himself, and leave us in the dust. Rise up, brothers, comrades - and throw down Christian XI!”

Johann fell silent, as the crowd below him erupted into noise. From the sides of the streets, military police began to filter in. Clad in their pure black uniform, units of twenty led by a mounted officer; there were nearly 10 of these units, blocking the crowd of 500 or so from leaving. The cornered crowd, looking with various feelings of anger, fear, and surprise, began to violently throb, as those on the outside tried to push deeper into the crowd for protection and those inside pushed outwards to escape. Some tried restoring orders; Johann, in particular, was attempting to calm down the unruly crowd, giving commands, to no avail. The soldiers looked on, emotionless. One particularly gaudily dressed officer brought out a megaphone, and shouted the order. “Fix targets,” he ordered. The soldiers brought up their rifles.

“Fire.”

Robert, you desperately need to organize the stats alphabetically and by continent. It also wouldn't hurt to list the traits in the same order as the stats.

It would also be cool to make the border between artillery and gunboats thicker so my brain will stop thinking they're a land unit.

Damn Mosher's avatar is distracting...

Her Royal Majesty, Queen Camelia Vladislava Driconia, offers Nonaggression Pacts to the Republic of Bosnia, the Provisional Government of Turkey, the Kingdom of Two Sicilies, & the Kingdom of Germany, and a Defensive Alliance to the Republic of Bosnia & the Provisional Government of Turkey.

We accept.

Official Condemnation of the Icelandic Government

The recent mass murder of protesting workers by government forces should be looked upon by the workers of the world as another attack on international solidarity by corrupt government reactionaries in the pockets of capitalists. The blood of the 500 is on the hands of Charles XI.

On another note, we offer a non-aggression treaty to the CSA.

Workers Rejoice!

Port-Au Prince and Hispaniola Targeted by 1907 Economic Plan

The 1907 Economic Plan has passed through the People's Congress with all delegates preset approving the plan wholeheartedly. The 1907 Economic Plan, besides the usual production quotas for the year in each of the provinces, education standards, and the AFCR Budgets, also targets the port of Port-Au Prince and Hispaniola as a whole for development.

The Plan lays out plans to develop infrastructure, improve mechanized agriculture practices, and improve the shipbuilding ability of Port-Au Prince. The Party Congress are quoted as saying that they want to make Port-au Prince the "premier shipyard, port, and harbor in the Caribbean, if not the world."

Another part of the 1907 Economic Plan also increases the yearly quota of worker visas and creates guidelines for an easier path of citizenship for those with visas. Previously, one needed to have resided in the country for five years with a worker visa (three years with a skilled worker visa). The time has been decreased by two years for both the worker and skilled worker visa holders who wish to become citizens.

The 1907 Economic Plan also introduced a "Revolutionary" Visa, which in exchange for serving in the FAFCR (Foreign Army of the Founders of the Caribbean Revolution) for a period of three years, the holder is granted automatic citizenship. The new guidelines stipulate that the Revolutionary Visa can be granted retroactively.

Her Royal Majesty, Queen Camelia Vladislava Driconia, offers Nonaggression Pacts to ...the Kingdom of Germany...

Regarding this, I wish to come to an agreement between the nations surrounding Poland. I propose this:

The Agreement of Warsaw

Held between the three nations that have established borders around Poland(The Kingdom of Germany, The Kingdom of Wallachia, The City of Kiev, and The Petrograd Commune),this agreement entails the following:

• Poland is recognized as a sovereign state by all of these nations at all times.
  • The Polish nation's sovereignty is to be defended by the nations of this agreement at all time.
  • None of the nations this agreement is legally binded to can enforce their will unto Poland. Actions considered to be in violation of this treaty include:
    • Expanding influence In Poland above any of the other nations binded by this agreement. All nations, however, may expand their influences in Poland in order to counteract a non-signatory nation from exerting their will on Poland. However, the counteraction cannot exceed more than 10 influence above foreign influence.
    • Threatening Poland.
    • Espionage actions confirmed to be connected to an agreeing party against the Polish nation.
    • Military action against Poland.
  • No signing nations can request an alliance of mutual aggression with Poland (as in, nobody can ask Poland to join their wars of aggression). Mutual defensive alliances are permitted.
  • In the event of war between Poland and a non-signatory occurs with Poland on the defensive, the signatories are obliged to defend the Polish sovereignty.
  • This agreement is not a Non-Aggression Pact between the signatories, nor is it an alliance. It is comparable to a defensive pact, but only when Poland is declared war upon. Let this be known.
  • If a signatory of this agreement violates it, the other signatories will decide the punishment based on the degree. If the violating signatory in question refuses the punishment, they may be forced to accept it by way of force.

Can this be agreed upon?

On the related note, Germany accepts Wallachia's NAP.

That seems fair enough to Wallachia.

I presume your aware that Poland is effectively a rouge state with a Government highly opposed to all of the proposed signatories of the agreement.

OOC: That part isn't very well-covered in the update :p

Regardless, Poland would slip the regional power balance dramatically. The treaty is more for that than for actually protecting the nation of Poland

If you guys don't want each other to have it, I could take one for the team and sphere it. :p

Maybe Jews took over the country and want to commit mass genocide upon everyone else.

Like the Spirit of Man version of Objectivism.

I'm going to answer all the questions that I've been asked over VMs, PMs and in the thread tomorrow.

Top Bottom