The Splintered Court feedback

Kael

Deity
Post your feedback for this scenario here.

Finished it up and enjoyed it, despite a few cosmetic issues:
Baron Duin Halfmorn's name is the name of the link (_TXT thingy, I don't recall it exactly.)
Upon defeating Volanna, it said she refused to recognize the Winter Court. I'm assuming you modified the Svartalfar version, but neglected to change it to Summer Court.
The end text was "Coming Soon!"

Still playing this scenario(and enjoying it) and I have the same problem with the Baron's name (just to confirm ;))

The end text was "Coming Soon!"

It isnt added yet. Here it is, but only read it if you've already beaten the Splintered Court scenario as the Ljosalfar (no cheating!)

Spoiler :

Faeryl was laid to rest with the honors due an elven queen. Though many argued against a funeral for an enemy leader, Arendel had demanded it. As controversial as it had been no one questioned it now and the massive funeral was properly somber and respectful.

The former Svartalfar that swore allegiance to the summer court were invited to attend. For the first time in two ages the Svartalfar and Ljosalfar united in a common task, even if it was to mourn the death of the winter queen. They stood up and eulogized her and Svartalfar and Ljosalfar alike shed tears for Faeryl. Even Arendel stood and spoke lovingly of her sister, the fallen queen.

That night the funeral procession passed through the streets of Evermore as starlight glistened off of the silver and mithiril coffin. As was tradition her coffin was displayed within the temple of leaves for the night and then moved to the hidden tomb used to house elven royalty in the morning. By morning thousands of gifts were brought to the temple and laid around the coffin.

Just before dawn horns summoned all the citizens of Evermore to the cities grand plaza. Once everyone was gathered Arendel came out onto the palace balcony and addressed them.

"We must not forget. We must not forget our legends, the days spent within this very wood as the children of Sucellus and Cernunnous. We must not forget that age we spent on our own as a single elven nation and the trials and fortune we shared. And we must not forget that we turned to war with each other."

"Every memory we have is shared, every glory, every defeat. We are one people, and we were even as we killed each other."

"Long ago, Sucellus annointed two queens to lead us so that the passions of one person could not lead our empire into ruin as happened with the empire of men. But this split led to civil war."

"Through prayer and careful deliberation with the priests, sages and captains of both former empires we have decided to form a new high council. That there would be two elven queens and an elven king to lead us. That these leaders would rule year round within their own nations and that they would come together to decide matters for the empire."

"I will be the queen of Evermore, head of the temples and over the monuments and artifacts of our empire. I will tend to the orchards and provide for the musicians, artists and craftsmen. Brave Amelanchier will be annointed as king and assigned our army, given provision over our forts and made responsible for our defense. He will also take charge of our hunters and be responsible for the lands untended within our borders. Thessa will be annointed as queen and responsible for all manners of study, arcane or mundane as well as diplomacy and trade with other lands. If military action is to occur outside of our empire then it will be under her leadership."

"If you are a child of Sucellus then you are a member of our empire. A particular faith is not a requirement and the former Svartalfar are equal in every way to other citizens. The war is over and if we are to shed tears then we must do so together. If we are angry then we must be angry with ourselves. As mighty Sucellus was destroyed by winter and split apart until Nantosuelta gathered his pieces for his ressurection, so are the Ljosalfar. Now rejoined we are reborn, and I pray that will ever be so."

As dawn struck the plaza the Ljosalfar palace seemed to glow with with an aura of gold and white. It was a new world for the Ljosalfar and they couldn't help but feel hopeful that it would be a kinder world than they had known for centuries.

That night, after the coronation of Thessa and Amelanchier and seeing them off to their remote capitals Arendel retired to her personal chambers. After checking the magical wards that protected the rooms she removed her amulet and watched in the mirror as the illusion melted away. Her long blond hair shortened to wavy black. Her skin paled to cool alabaster. Her body shifted from the lean beautiful form of the elven queen to her own more sensual and curved body.

Far away, beneath the great red oak of Evermore, within the hidden elven tomb, behind powerful guards and locked within a silver and mithirl box the real Arendel screamed.

Not a fan of this one. Seems a bit too random. I got one of my three cities conquered early on by Gilden Silveric. I was maybe 15 turns into the game, and didn't exactly have a lot to defend myself with.

Also, why are the svartalfar leaders weaker than the ljosalfar? And forced to use the 'no religion' of CoE seems a little unfair.

I had the same problem with Duin's text as well. It just says "TXT_KEY_LEADER_DUIN" Kind of annoying to look at.

Not a fan of this one. Seems a bit too random. I got one of my three cities conquered early on by Gilden Silveric. I was maybe 15 turns into the game, and didn't exactly have a lot to defend myself with.

Also, why are the svartalfar leaders weaker than the ljosalfar? And forced to use the 'no religion' of CoE seems a little unfair.

I too was defeated by Silveric, though not that early. But I know that you are not forced to use CoE, I started by researching Fellowship and both me and all my allies switched to it immediately.

playing as faeryl, i just finished this scenario. will have to do it again soon, but more on that later.

CoE to me wasn't such a big deal, but then again i beelined assassins -> rangers -> shadows. The sinister promo made sure even my normal assassins and rangers were more than a match for the Ljos defenders.
Once Azalkan and my shadows got up and running, i simply cleared every Ljos city over and over again, while my allies did the actual capturing. My own upkeep would go up with over 20 gold on each city capture, so i stuck with a small empire for the researching.

Spoiler :
after defeating amelachier (sp) i offered him to duin, although the werewolves never decently joined the fight. However, when i won the scenario, the pop-up said duin had won a conquest victory! resulting in a loss for me, without marking the scenario as won.

I tried this one again, this time as Thessa instead of Volanna. When I defeated the last Svartlafar I got the message "has won a Conquest Victory" and "Wins a Conquest Victory" flashed at the bottom of the screen. It appears I lost, and whoever won has no name. (Last time it said Duin won, listing the whole textkey.)

Found Yggdrasil and corn on the same tile. Is it intended?

I too was defeated by Silveric, though not that early. But I know that you are not forced to use CoE, I started by researching Fellowship and both me and all my allies switched to it immediately.

Hmm, researched FoL as well, but neither of my allies changed to it. Does only one civ get the free disciple?

1) Playing as the Ljosalfar - another civ build Guilden Silveric and while he is still alive I can build the Shrine of the Champion
2) Same game: I received a Thane of Kilmorph from a dungeon - and tried to found Runes in a city - the Thane was consumed and the message that Runes of Kilmorph was founded was displayed but the religion was not founded. This was with patch a

Save available if needed :)

I tried this one again, this time as Thessa instead of Volanna. When I defeated the last Svartlafar I got the message "has won a Conquest Victory" and "Wins a Conquest Victory" flashed at the bottom of the screen. It appears I lost, and whoever won has no name. (Last time it said Duin won, listing the whole textkey.)

I had the same problem while playing Faeryl Viconia. The first time it said that baron duin won the game, so i wiped him out too. Then it just said " wins the game". That was kind of frustrating.

I love the scenarios, though, really entertaining!

Horses spawned on top of unique feature and only the tag of the feature remained.

Is it intentional that this (and also the lambruscum) scenario use the standard civ4 terrian graphic set?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0028.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0028.JPG
    204 KB · Views: 706
Hmm, researched FoL as well, but neither of my allies changed to it. Does only one civ get the free disciple?

No, all civs should get it. Fellowship of Leaves was the first tech I went for so I got it only a few turns after Council of Esus was founded (through scripting I imagine). When I got the disciple it arrived in the Esus holy city and I didn't want to risk failing to spread Fellowship of Leaves (that failure chance is one of the most annoying things in the entire game). Both my allies actually changed to Fellowship of Leaves before I even had a Leaves city.

Played about 200 turns of it, and while the description said I'd be getting immigrants from time to time which could be outfitted as different units, none have shown up so far. Also I could build Shrine of the Champion while Alazkan was still alive (not built by me though).

I also encountered the problem of victory being granted to the Baron after finally winning as the Ljosalfar.

Won as the Svaltafar. Partly by using Gibbon Goetia to dominate all enemy defenders one by one, but partly by fair means too.

Aside from the bugs people have already reported, I wasn't able to build Alazkan even though I beelined for him. I think maybe as soon as my team discovered Poisons, someone else on the team started building him before my turn even came up and that made him unavailable as a building choice to me (even though I think I could've won the race). I don't know if it's possible to fix that.

I really liked the No Settlers option - that prevented it from becoming as long and tedious as Momus. This would be a great solution to the problems with Momus too. However, there was one event that kept coming up and offering me settlers. That was a pretty big imbalance.

Oh, and one more problem. The Svaltafar leaders are too hot. Please fix this. It distracts from the scenario :lol:

Top Bottom