The Splintered Court feedback

Yeah, when you have a permanent ally of the same civ they will often start building your hero before you can, thus blocking you.

You know, the way the Shrine of the Champion currently works you can build it if your hero is still alive but under someone else's control. Hmm...I wonder if you could resurrect your hero too.

I find it odd that Rivanna the Wraith Lord is female. I'd be ok with just changing the title, but I think it might be better if there was one male Svartalfar leader.

I never have a problem with building the hero before my allies. The only problem I have is being unable to win the scenario. I've played as each leader and I always get, "Duin has won a conquest victory," or, "Has won a conquest victory." I've read some people have won the scenario and I'm wondering how they did it. Its the only unlocked scenario I haven't completed :(

When I started this scenario, I found Yggdrasil on a raw mana node. Seems kind of... not helpful? Is it intentional?

EDIT: Also seconding that being completely unable to build Gilden Silveric is extremely annoying.

I've strarted this scenario twice as the Ljo, both times Yggdrasil was on an innapropriate resouce (I think wheat and the corn) so I decided to WB in the fruit. I've also had the AI complete my heroes before I get a chance, it happened with Yvain and Gilden. I went ahead and deleted Yvain from Thessa and gave him to myself, it seemed fair :).

When I started this scenario, I found Yggdrasil on a raw mana node. Seems kind of... not helpful? Is it intentional?

EDIT: Also seconding that being completely unable to build Gilden Silveric is extremely annoying.
I've strarted this scenario twice as the Ljo, both times Yggdrasil was on an innapropriate resouce (I think wheat and the corn) so I decided to WB in the fruit. I've also had the AI complete my heroes before I get a chance, it happened with Yvain and Gilden. I went ahead and deleted Yvain from Thessa and gave him to myself, it seemed fair :).

No, I don't think its intentional. I've never seen it myself but I've read about it happening to several people now. I've never experienced the problem of my allies building heroes before me, this also seems to be a problem plaguing alot of people. I must be super special :crazyeye: I hope they can find a work around for it.

I'm wondering if it has to do with who starts researching the tech to a particular hero. For example; Poisons to get Alazkan, you begin researching it before your allies do. Once your team gains Poisons you gain access to build Alazkan first. If your allies are researching it before you and gain the tech. Your team gets Poisons but they get first dibs on building them (And often start on him right away). This is just a theory though, I've never had problems with my allies building heroes before me.

It is caused by the turn order. Your ally starts his/her turn before you do and therefore gets to begin building the hero first, the same applies to wonders.

I think all the scenarios are set up to generate random resources, which deletes the ones that were preset along with the world improvements in the scenario file. (Now that I think of it the resources in Fall of Cuantine and Into the Desert always seem the same, so I guess this is only true for some scenarios. I know it is true of the Spintered Court and The Cult though.)

---------------

From what I hear, techs are researched at the end of a player's turn, and so become available to other teammates before they are available to the one who actually researched it. If a teammates starts building it before you can you are just our of luck.

It is caused by the turn order. Your ally starts his/her turn before you do and therefore gets to begin building the hero first, the same applies to wonders.
From what I hear, techs are researched at the end of a player's turn, and so become available to other teammates before they are available to the one who actually researched it. If a teammates starts building it before you can you are just our of luck.

Seems like I got it the wrong way around then :lol: I was close ish.

I think all the scenarios are set up to generate random resources, which deletes the ones that were preset along with the world improvements in the scenario file. (Now that I think of it the resources in Fall of Cuantine and Into the Desert always seem the same, so I guess this is only true for some scenarios. I know it is true of the Spintered Court and The Cult though.)

Sort of a pain in the backside really, doesn't stop me from enjoying the scenarios though :D

I think all the scenarios are set up to generate random resources, which deletes the ones that were preset along with the world improvements in the scenario file.
World improvements are a different setting, though they can be random as well.
It's likely that the two you mentioned are the only ones with set resources. That's how I usually prefer to do it, but random seemed better for Wages of Sin and Against the Grey.

World improvements are a different setting, though they can be random as well.
It's likely that the two you mentioned are the only ones with set resources. That's how I usually prefer to do it, but random seemed better for Wages of Sin and Against the Grey.

If you don't mind me asking, are we to expect the same issue in Wages of Sin and Against the Grey when they're released? Or is it too early to tell yet? :mischief:

I assume you mean this issue?
I've strarted this scenario twice as the Ljo, both times Yggdrasil was on an innapropriate resouce (I think wheat and the corn) so I decided to WB in the fruit. I've also had the AI complete my heroes before I get a chance, it happened with Yvain and Gilden. I went ahead and deleted Yvain from Thessa and gave him to myself, it seemed fair .
That's not scenarios specific, it'll occur on any scenario/map with random resources and set world improvements that yield resources. Probably an issue with the resource placement that needs to be fixed; I've seen crashes (during map generation) that I assume resulted in random resource placement, actually, because they wouldn't happen the next time.
Wages of Sin and Against the Grey, most really, don't have improvements that should yeiled a specific resource, so they shouldn't see this; Yggdrasil stands out in that regard.

I assume you mean this issue?
That's not scenarios specific, it'll occur on any scenario/map with random resources and set world improvements that yield resources. Probably an issue with the resource placement that needs to be fixed; I've seen crashes (during map generation) that I assume resulted in random resource placement, actually, because they wouldn't happen the next time.
Wages of Sin and Against the Grey, most really, don't have improvements that should yeiled a specific resource, so they shouldn't see this; Yggdrasil stands out in that regard.

Ahhh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

I just defeated Volanna as Amelanchier(Gilden is spectacular) and the event concerning Duin called me the winter court, though the option called me the summer court.

BTW is there a reason Falamar is on the map?

A couple minor annoyances playing this scenario:

- My allies would build every hero before I could. Even the turn I researched the technology before the game had cycled back to me one of my allies' cities would already have Yvaine, etc. in their queue. Very frustrating.

- All 3 Summer court leaders are full leaders with 2 traits, but only Faeryl on the Winter court is a "full" leader. This seems a bit imbalanced. Rivanna/Volanna should be made into full leaders and maybe 1 (or both) set Neutral rather than Evil so that their team has access to druids as well.

Anyway, fun scenario. I wish there were some more scenario-specific events in this one.

- My allies would build every hero before I could. Even the turn I researched the technology before the game had cycled back to me one of my allies' cities would already have Yvaine, etc. in their queue. Very frustrating.

- All 3 Summer court leaders are full leaders with 2 traits, but only Faeryl on the Winter court is a "full" leader. This seems a bit imbalanced. Rivanna/Volanna should be made into full leaders and maybe 1 (or both) set Neutral rather than Evil so that their team has access to druids as well..

1) A quick fix is switch your allies off the tech a turn before you finish the tech so you can build it first.

2) The 2 Svartalfar minor leaders have speacial units. Volanna starts with a hunter with hero, and Rivanna starts with a Great Commander. These can become very powerful if used correctly.

You wait for the next patch then start over and WB in a handful of units next to all three of your opponent's starting positions.

Top Bottom