The state of the oceans?

Narz

keeping it real
Climate change doesn't scare me on the same level as oceanic dieoffs. This isn't based on through research, just my gut reaction.

It doesn't seem to get much mainstream press compared to climate change.

Is there legitimate hope than coral destruction & acidification can be reversed? I guess it's the most scary scenario because phytoplankton are the base of the food chain & the source of most of our oxygen.

I was under the impression the dead zones are related to fertilizer run off and tend to be localized to land.

Coral die off can absolutely be reversed.

I was under the impression the dead zones are related to fertilizer run off and tend to be localized to land.

But includes a huge amount of territory necessary to healthy biology.

By cooling the water and removing carbon.

Overfishing would be my main concern.

Yes - by not letting the sea level rise.

Dead zones are related to farming run-off, so they do occur where the river meats the sea, but they can spread so they are important, especially as much food comes from the continental shelf.

Climate change doesn't scare me on the same level as oceanic dieoffs.

This isn't based on through research, just my gut reaction.

It doesn't seem to get much mainstream press compared to climate change.

Is there legitimate hope than coral destruction & acidification can be reversed? I guess it's the most scary scenario because phytoplankton are the base of the food chain & the source of most of our oxygen.
Oceanic dieoffs are linked to climate change, y'know...

Yes, I know.

You could say that is the part that most disturbs me about the environmental havock we are wrecking.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any partisan drivel about how oceanic dieoffs don't exist & yet still the general public is largely unaware, apathetic.

Yes, I know.

You could say that is the part that most disturbs me about the environmental havock we are wrecking.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any partisan drivel about how oceanic dieoffs don't exist & yet still the general public is largely unaware, apathetic.

Perhaps the price of tuna has something to do with that?

Top Bottom