The States in Flames: it's Crimson Skies!

hej Paasky, turn this into a book, even a movie script, great story, what about a contemporary version, a breakup of the US over fuel (ie) i look forward to playing the completed scenario, i also don't think you need to many advancements or maybe government or resourse advancements which would indicate the level of stability or unity that each team/player has achieved

Sorry this took sooo much longer that it should have. Here's the saved game, sometimes it won't even let me start, but when it does, as soon as you begin playing, declare war on Maritime, and take Manchester, every time I've tried to do that is says there's an error and shuts down the game. I'm stumped because while I can't take Manchester, I took Boston no problem.... Hope this helps...

Griff09

I'm just frustrated at civ4 atm...

WWII (when it still worked...) had the same problem, although it was because of units without any strength. Before taking the city, press ctrl+e, then select the unit from the list, then right-click on the city to delete it. If it still crashes, I have absolutely no idea. Civ4, apparently warlords doubly so, likes to crash for no apparent reason :(

hey thanks for the tip! hope it works for me, and hope you get less frustrated and/or find a permanent fix.

Thanks again!

Paasky said:
After having this in the main C&C section for a long time with almost no feedback, (...)

The reason you're not getting much direct feedback is that your installation instructions or the files provided as part of your download are incomplete. As of now, I've followed your instructions and Warlord won't start with your files. You need to fix that mess so people can actually run your design. Until then, you are just wasting other people's time.

Ambreville said:
The reason you're not getting much direct feedback is that your installation instructions or the files provided as part of your download are incomplete. As of now, I've followed your instructions and Warlord won't start with your files. You need to fix that mess so people can actually run your design. Until then, you are just wasting other people's time.

That seems unnecessarily harsh. Just explaining your problems might get better results from people than being bellicose and rude.

griff09 said:
That seems unnecessarily harsh. Just explaining your problems might get better results from people than being bellicose and rude.

I wasn't asking for a favor. Judging from this thread, unfortunately, there just isn't much feedback than can be provided. Getting upset at a post isn't going to address the issue -- the set up does not work and therefore feedback cannot be provided. It's a shame though since the idea of a scenario for Crimson Skies is a good one... which is why I looked into it in the first place. Before asking to try out a design, one needs to make sure it is possible. If not, all that is accomplished is indeed a waste of everyone's time.

Paasky said:
I'm just frustrated at civ4 atm...

WWII (when it still worked...) had the same problem, although it was because of units without any strength. Before taking the city, press ctrl+e, then select the unit from the list, then right-click on the city to delete it. If it still crashes, I have absolutely no idea. Civ4, apparently warlords doubly so, likes to crash for no apparent reason :(

Okay, so first of all, the Ctrl+e thing worked, thanks! How does it work though? Do you have any idea what Ctrl+e does? Any you're right, it crashes way too often, but usually if I just save it every five or ten turns i don't have to replay too much.

New problem...argh!!! Would you happen to know what to do if the game crashes every time Philadelphia tries to create a Great Artist?

Congrats on the awesome Mod. I can't get it to work as of yet. I have the folder in the 'Warlords' part. Should I have anything in 'Mods'?

The .rar contains 2 folders: Mods & Saves. Both go into the Warlords folder.
To load the mod, you have to open warlords, press advanced, then load a mod.

But if I put your Mods folder into the main Warlords folder, it would delete the current mods folder, thus deleting all the mods I already have for the game. So should I put the 'Crimson Skies' folder within your mods folder into the mods folder that is already there? If not, how am I to play Crimson Skies without killing everything else? :confused:

EDIT: I tried placinng the 'Crimson Skies' folder that was in your mods folder into the mods folder already in place, and when I tried to load it it crashed and I got the Windows error message.

It looks like an amazing mod. I'm really excited to see the finished product. Although I have a mac, so I doubt I'll ever get to play it.

So would it be any help if the reason why Crimson Skies crashes is the same problem you had with the WWII scenario, because I think the real problem is that Hollywood (or some other country in the west tries to take over a city from Arixo with a a unit that's not supposed to be able to capture cities...I really with I knew more about modding so I could help out myself.

Well... I mostly believe it's becasause of some unit, as those have been crashing NapEuro & Renaissance. So open worldbuilder, and place 1 of each unit, then delete it, then place the next unit, etc until it crashes. There might be several units that do this, but it's been quite a while so I don't really remember...

two things

1)can you make it a zip

2)if armerica fell into a civil war and i was a leader of ussr or u,k i whould invade the states as fast as i chould so you have the ussr or other countries on cuba(or in canada(uk)) with a large army to invade so you would have to worry about an other enmy,or to help them unite the states

Top Bottom