1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

The story of a spaceship named "Fat Snail"

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Stories & Tales' started by Blasph23, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Blasph23

Blasph23 Terraformation Junkie

I've been playing a very simple alternate history scenario that begins in 1919, with most major powers of that time with or against me. As usually, space race ensued since nobody was able to conquer the other civilization(s). Since espionage was a very viable solution to evening out the technological odds and differences, all civilizations began building their respective space ships at roughly the same time. Now, Americans, that I have chosen to play as, sent their 33-8-3 ship in Dec 1961. Following up, Russians decided to send their 39-8-3 magnificent space faring machine (whole 2,3 slower than USS "Spirit of Democracy") in Jan 1962.
    However, problems ensued due to a fatal construction mistake as well as the staff forgetting to add some vital components (unofficial reports claim there was too much booze around the Baikonur cosmodrome dormitories). Also, against all the protests, they named their creation "Fat Snail", dooming it to arrive at the Alpha Centauri star system in...

http://img220.imageshack.us/i/ssin23553.jpg/

2. mpescatori

mpescatori Chieftain

What's the ideal balance for an efficient spaceship ?

The Official handbook doesn't mention this, and I don't know whether to go for a 1, 2, 3, ... 6? compartment ship.

Whereas I do realize that I need 100% fuel for my engines, how many structural/rocket/fuel "units' do I need to host the least minimum life support+power+solar panes whatevers ???

3. Magic_gorter

Magic_gorter Deity Civ2 GOTM Staff Retired Moderator

Just look at this article.

The table in this article is however only for a 100 point spaceship.

Perhaps others know a better table for the other spaceship options (200, 300 and 400 points).

4. CharlieChuck

CharlieChuck Prince

5. Peaster

Peaster Emperor

6. CharlieChuck

CharlieChuck Prince

Thanks Peaster, that was the one I remembered. I've bookmarked that one too.