The Strongest Pro-Atheist Argument Yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SG-17

Deity
http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=458443&gt1=28101

WENN -- Jessica Alba has vowed never to strip off on screen -- because her Catholic upbringing has left her too scared to show off her body.

The 28-year-old "Valentine's Day" star admits she's happy to take on sexy roles and don revealing outfits in movies, but fans shouldn't ever expect her to bare all for the cameras.

She tells Britain's Scarlet magazine, "No, I'll never do a nude scene. I can act sexy and wear sexy clothes but I can't go naked. I think I was always very uncomfortable about the way my body developed, and I remember my grandmother would freak out and throw a towel over me if she saw me wearing just a bra and panties.

"I come from a very Catholic family so it wasn't seen as a good thing to flaunt yourself like that. I can handle being sexy with clothes on but not with them off."

Thoughts? Opinions?

:D

Catholicism ruins the dreams of young men, everywhere, once more. Damn you Catholicism! *Shakes closed fist*

Seriously, I can't be bothered to take anything that people argue, which is based on religion, seriously. Religion is bunk. PERIOD. It takes some significant time and thought to come to that conclusion, but you can get there in a reasonable amount of time, with a reasonable amount of study. I shall hold anyone accountable who might not come to that conclusion. In this case, it hurts me personally. I would LOVE to see Jessica Alba naked.

If she had said that she didn't want to do it for non-religious reasons, I'd respect her decision.

And with that goes my life long dream... :(

I'd comment on how this isn't quite in line with a Catholic upbringing, but I know what posters are actually looking at, and it isn't my text.

There was a third one that actually showed some nipple, but that might not be consistent with the rules, here.

She should give up that resolution for lent IMO.

Doesn't that just argue against Catholicism, not for atheism?

She should be more consistent and not act as a slut on Camera,

Doesn't that just argue against Catholicism, not for atheism?
Agreed (Not like we have enough anti-Catholic threads already :rolleyes: )

Considering that we still have Catholics on this forum, I'd say not.
I'd think the Moderators of this board would disagree with that. Most of the anti-Catholic threads are just plain troll threads.

And now the Strongest Pro-Catholic Argument yet:

His catholic upbringing is what keeps the Pope from appearing nude.

:lol:

I'd think the Moderators of this board would disagree with that. Most of the anti-Catholic threads are just plain troll threads.

Then you should have added that qualification to your statement. An anti-catholic thread is not necessarily a bad thing, in itself. An anti-catholic thread that is a troll thread most certainly is.

What a bunch of bollocks. Offer her the right amount and she'll strip off in a second.

Religion is already absolute nonsense - using religion as an excuse is a few magnitudes worse.

Shall we pool our money and make an offer to Miss Alba to have her strip?

Hey, no need to choose. Just do both!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom