The suffer of a German Warrior (Earth18civs)

Pommes Mit Mayo

Chieftain
Okay, now im throwing myself into a story, too.
Hope you like it ;)

Dear Mother,

I hope you and my sister are doing well. Particularly after leaving you alone with my sister in her problematic condition.
Your words from the last time we saw each other kept me thinking for a long time.
You were right, it's time for me to start my own live and find work to earn my own living. But I will definitely not turn my back to you!
Instead I get money to afford some help for my sister. And don't try to convince me other, my beloved family goes over everything.
So yesterday, after a long trip, I arrived finally at the capital and could not wait any longer to write this letter to you.
On my first day here I already made a new friend. Klaus is his name.
His father also went missing after the 'Great War', like ours!
Klaus invited me to stay at his place until i earn my own money, what a nice guy.
Today I am going to take a look around at my new location.
Everything was new and strange at first sight for me, but Klaus said it's easy to adapt.
He will show me round later.
He also told me that many people like me are moving to Berlin to find work and work is scarce.
Right tomorrow I will start my search, I heared many workers are needed to build up the city after the 'Great War'.
I will send you my new address as soon as I have my own place and work. I hope it won't be too long until then.
Tell my sister I asked for her.

In Love (and concern),
Hans

(Am I doing it right with attachements? I have no clue how this board works :lol:)
Oh my... right after posting i saw my misspelling in the title... I'm a failure :D

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    345 KB · Views: 232
Subbing, and also if you would rather embed pictures, I think you can get the image code of you upload it to a website like imgur.

The other way to do it: once you've uploaded the picture on here, you can right-click the link in Advanced reply (below the text box) and select cpoy shortcut. Paste into the image tags and you're good to go.

Imgur or a site like it is the better way to go though; using them, you can have 30 images, whereas CFC only lets you have 10.

Great start BTW!

I like the style of story. very inventive :D

Thanks for the nice feedback!

I hope I can give you an update next weekend, I have problems with my graphic card and can't play right now. :cry:

Subbed. I hope that you will fix your graphic card.

Fixed the problem temporary, still need to get a new card :sad:
So here we go, Part II

Dear Mother,

I am sorry I didn't write to you sooner but I was up to my ears with work.
I helped building new houses and barracks but the pay is low and not enough to help my sister.
A few days ago some settlers left the city and moved to North-East. They should arrive at their destination very soon.
With them went a squad of strong warriors to protect the defenceless people. Their fearlessness and determination was admirable.
Klaus was as fascinated as me by this view. We decided to apply as new soldiers after they left. This will give me a better opportunity to get money.
I know you are scared that you will lose me like father in the 'Great War' but don't worry, I will not die, I promise.
And if I do, I will be proud to die for my nation.
I will send you money when I get my first pay.

with all my love,
Hans

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    417.3 KB · Views: 102
Great story so far!
Keep it up

I thought about France->Spain but when i see a flaw from Caesar I will attack him instead.

Take that thecaesar. :p

Get rid of the biggest threats ASAP. I guess that means OP Rome ;)

I already notice how hard it is to tell a story like that, maybe I should've picked another style for my first time. But I can't dissappoint you now and will bring you the next update soon.

Dear Mother,

I am deeply sorry for my childish and foolish words in my last letter to you.
I really should not have said that. Death for pride is a stupid thing, you are right again.
Your words helped me to clear up my mind. So many new things make it hard to think straight.
I will take your advice very serious and will think before doing anything stupid but I will not leave the army!
On the opposite, I already finished my training and got my first mission.

A few days ago Klaus and me were assigned to a new squad.
Our superviser, Captain Schulz, is an older man with a big scary scar running across his face.
He is a veteran, everybody knows that by now, but he does not tell anything about his past. He's a mysterious one.
He told us, we have an order from headquarters. We are going to France as scouts to check their troop movements and find out about weaknesses.
While this letter is on its way to you I am already drinking French wine and wait for the days to go by.
I will think about you and my sister everyday.

With all my love,
Hans

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    370.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    427 KB · Views: 82
  • Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    348.6 KB · Views: 92