1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Sword of Islam: RFC Medieval Middle East

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: The Sword of Islam' started by embryodead, Jul 27, 2010.

1. The Turk

The Turk Deity

I'm pretty sure that they receive something else, correct? And yes in most cases it is because of historic reasons I believe

2. srpt

srpt Deist

No they don't get a replacement. I'm curious if anyone else in in the same boat.

3. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Of course they do get replacements - horsemen & mounted nobles. These are inferior to horse archers but it's "normal" - all non-Turkic civs except Armenia have it this way.

4. srpt

srpt Deist

Ahh I didn't realise those were replacements, thought they were just regular units that everyone got.

5. AnotherPacifist

AnotherPacifist Deity

I've not built nearly as many horsemen or lancers like I do with horse archers...the former are just so much less useful with their mobility. I want units that can move across the empire quickly.

In fact, for domination purposes, I usually build horse archers from my Heroic Epic city, and trebuchets/catapults from my frontline cities. My horse archers usually get to the border before the trebuchets are done. :D

6. AnotherPacifist

AnotherPacifist Deity

There's one glaring problem with the KoJ UP, at least initially--you come AFTER the PoA, and they are equally cash rich, and they hire all the mercenaries first!:mad:

7. MessageMan

MessageMan Prince

Is it historical for Makuria to have soil degradation in-game? What about Egypt? From what I remember this was only changed because the Mamluks were too powerful. But as far as I can tell the Mamluks are powerful because they have Egypt and can capture the Levant easily. If they have to fight for the Levant then I don't think they would be so powerful. Just like how the Ottomans have to fight the Byzantines for Anatolia. Same goes for Mansa Musa.

And if Mansa was supposed to stop the Mamluks from being too powerful why does it hit the Fatamids and the Ayyubids as well?

8. 2phunkey4u

2phunkey4u West-Eastern Divan

Byzantine city names for cities in Edessa (Harran and Aydaman) and Lesser Armenia (Aydaman, Kaysun, Cabakcur - also for Armenia) are still missing.

Also, anybody think the 2 free scholars from the House of Wisdom are OP? They can get you past Algebra tech in no time...

@MessageMan: Whoever rules Egypt past 1300 is very powerful and Mansa Musa surely didn't care whether he met the Mamluks or the Ayyubids on his way to Mecca. The soil degradation in Makuria reflects the decline of the region and hepls nerf the Mamluks a bit if they choose to conquer that territory.

9. The Turk

The Turk Deity

mmm... that should be done.

I actually don't think its OP, because of the immense reputation the House of Wisdom had, that I'm not surprised that it allows the Abbasids to tech fast. Anyway, they now have their work impeded by the Buyids and the Seljuks.

Strongly agree. If anything though, since Mansa Musa was handing out gold to the people, perhaps just having a small happiness boost would be appropriate, but in retrospect, this caused inflation, which is nothing to be happy about ;)

10. Jusos2108

Jusos2108 Deity

Sorry, I completely missed this.. But no at the moment I don't have a save, but I'll try get one in my next game.

11. Akbarthegreat

Akbarthegreat Angel of Junil

Code:
    Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include
    incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the
    installer's author to obtain a new copy.

More information at:
    http://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error
    I had downloaded and installed SoI for another PC about a couple of months back, It had worked. But Now the integrity check problem appears. HELP?

12. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Exactly what it says: the installer reports that the file is damaged. You'll have to download it again - but since a new version came out since you last downloaded it, you should have done that anyway ;)

13. Sadauker

Sadauker Chieftain

Hey All

The Sword of Islam Mod is the BEST mod for CIV in my opinion!
    Congrats!

It would be awesome if u could made the BC (Before Christ) world! I mean , like the egypicians , Jewish kingdom , Babylon , Assiria , and the Dawn of Roman Empire at middle East!!

Thanks again! I can't stop playing it!

ahh , sorry 'bout my english , I'm not from EUA or England , etc..:snowlaugh:

14. Jusos2108

Jusos2108 Deity

Small bug:

Spoiler :

Why don't I get the religion bonus??:confused:

Spoiler :

15. Akbarthegreat

Akbarthegreat Angel of Junil

16. MessageMan

MessageMan Prince

Could Spies start out with Infiltration I? Due to the Superspies mod spies can't use enemy roads.

Can there be a special building that let Spies start out with experience points?

Can you alter the diplomacy screen so that I can order vassals to attack rebel cities? If you're not a war with an actual civ this option disappears.

Civs take into account war with rebel cities when deciding to voluntary vassal. Can you eliminate this factor?

Why would a civ say I've grown too powerful for them if I ask them to vassalize? If I do vassalize the civ through World Builder it doesn't give me a victory.

Why does Blitz require a tech in the first place? What about changing the prerequisite to Combat IV?

How come Mongols don't add to Great General XP?

You lose 20 or 30 faith points for razing a city with your state religion. Why so much?

Razing cities with a religion is a pain because you get the -1 diplo penalty. Can this disappear after a while? That and the "You didn't help us in war/didn't convert to our religion/civic" that they still remember after 100 years and through a collapse and respawn. Or maybe just eliminate it all together? I understand if you build a prosecutor to kick out the religion, but what if you want to raze the city because it sucks?

How come Influence Driven War changes city population to your culture?

Due to the new Religious Victory I was thinking about making a Great Saint a super missionary. But spreading your religion to 10 cities is too powerful IMO while 5 is rather small.

Around 1270 the fish by Gaza disappears. Why?

What did you change to Aristocracy, Market Economy, Merchant Capitalism, State Monopoly and Religious Freedom?

Is there some way you could keep the power from the old Topkapi Palace and give it to a new wonder? It was a cool wonder that unfortunately never got used because it was so far in the tech tree.

17. Tlc2011

Tlc2011 Pixel Cat

WinRAR can't extract the installer, meaning... Yeah, screw it.

18. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Welcome to SoI forum Tlc2001! Here you can download the mod files without installer, packed as 7z archive. 7-zip is free and available for all platforms.

19. warrior38

warrior38 Chieftain

SA

Is there a reason this isn't available for Civ 5? Let me guess. because civ 5 is crap?

anway, I'm def going to download this and delete civ 5. Can i play this mod with the epic/marathon Mod?

What other mods can you advice me. Heard the dawn of Civ is also super

Thanx

20. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Thank you :)

I'm afraid I can't take up another project of this size, but maybe else will, one day :)