1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Tale of the Bannor

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by thomas.berubeg, Dec 8, 2009.

1. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

Chapter 1 - Emergence

Spoiler :

I am Ophelia Rosenthal, and I have come from Hell.

We were the last of the Bannor to Escape hell, the rear guard. Two groups already had passed through, led by General Capria and the Angel Sabathiel. I confess I hoped to see them there, eagerly awaiting us, but it was a sight of desolation that greeted our eyes. Proud Bannor warriors, survivors of hell all, dead, overwhelmed by the sheer barbaric number of their foes.

Dead, all of them, Bannor and Barbarian alike.

Our fallen will be remembered, Always. We set up camp beneath the fiery pyramid of the Green skinned barbarians, a camp that I knew instinctively would not be a camp for long, but rather a City, The City of Capria, the seat of a New Hope for the Bannor people.

Tents are built in regimented order, as has become the unconscious habit of the Bannor People, and I order the construction of a Palisade surrounding the camp. First order of Business, Revenge. We are going to clear that Pyramid of all traces of the Enemy.

2. thomas.berubeg

Chapter 2- Revenge is sweet

Harsh fighting has accompanied our troops down into the pyramid. Goblins and Orcs of all kinds defending to thier last. Hundreds of our brave men have died, taking the pyramid room by bloody room. and at the bottom, we have found a monstrosity of the worst kind. a Giant spider, bloated on the bodies of its worshipers.

Private Josel of Recon, has been promoted to Corporal in recognition of his Bravery and ingenuity in driving the Spider from it's caves, using torches and loud noises to disorient the beast... while it is now roaming the countryside, our Brethren are avenged.

Deep in the treasure taken from the Spider beast were scrolls speaking of explosive powders. I do not know what use they will be, but it is always wisest to anticipate for the future.

Corporel Josel has asked to take a small unit out into the Countryside, so that we may know what has become of this world in our absence. Though I fear for the expedition, especially in light of the Spider, he is right, and it is in our best interest to explore.

The Party heads south to the ruins of an ancient tower barely visible from our settled lands. From there, it is hoped that another destination will be visible.

From the tower, our troops make out two potential destinations: smoke rises from the banks of the river, far to the west, while, to the south, we can barely make out a small city-fort of Greenskins. Josel decided to head west, a decision I agree with, as his party cannot deal with Greenskin. They will pay for thier slaughter of our people in time, though.

The messanger from the scouting party returned with a small supply of gold he claims was given to the party by a village of greenskins. He the reports that the Villagers were all slaughtered. I approve. the sooner this world is free of the Orcish people, The Happier we will be.

OOC: I SOOOO hope that CoE is in this game.

3. thomas.berubeg

Chapter 3 - Contact

We are not the only Civilized people left in this world. The Josel expedition met a scouting party from a people called the Amurites. The two expeditions camped together in the shade of large pines, exchanging stories and knowledge. From them, we learned what happened to this world in our absence... and it is not pretty.

The Amurites are led by a woman named Lorelei Coral.

The two groups part ways good naturdly in the morning, but it remains to be seen whether the Amurites are with us. IF the are with us, they will survive. If they are against us, they will die, as they will be in the way of our quest to purge this world of Evil.

The Palisade completed, I ordered the beginning of the construction of a monument to the Fallen... The people must be kept busy, for, as we learned in hell, idle hands quickly become the playthings of an imp or demon.

Time passes, and I am no closer to preventing the evils I foresaw. Worse, still, the Bannor people are forgetting the discipline that forged them in hell. they are become Lax, Fat, Lazy, as our population grows, so do the number that remember hell diminish. Yet I, Who passed through hell as much as any other, do not grow old. I feel the touch of the Divine upon me. It is I who will lead our people from evil. I alone. Like in an Army, there needs to be one commander. and the Bannor people need to remain an army. I will lead unequivocally.

(OOC: adopted God Kind)

On the Border of the Amurite lands, the Josel Expedition was set upon by a horde of Brutes more animal than man.

Despite thier ferocity, Bannor discipline prevailed, and the savages were destroyed. It is clear that the Greenskins are not the only ones that have emerged from the last age brutalized.

4. thomas.berubeg

Chapter 4 -

The Josel Expedition has reported contact with another civilized people, led by one Natane. The encounter, which occurred just south of Amurite controlled land, just outside of the ruins of an ancient temple dedicated to one of the gods. This temple complex seems to be one that we recognize from our ancient scrolls as the old capital of the Illians. Therefore, this old god must have been Mulcarn... Indeed, the Amurites claim that one of their forefathers banished this god from our world. though we thought that it was an exageration, perhaps they were right.

to the east of the Letum Frigus, the party camped one night on the side of a huge pit. though it was empty, Josel claims he recognized the stench of hell eminating from it at Night.

When I awoke, this morning, I had an Idea to help prevent the spread of evil so obvious in this world. A Great Council to help unit this world as one... Under My rule, so as to prevent evil.

All lands to the west having been maped the the Josel Expedition, they seek to travel east. Passing through our lands, they rest and restock. Soon after they pass, a horde of wolves sets upon them... Will we have to purge this world of the canid kind, too?

5. thomas.berubeg

Chapter 5-

Far to the east, the Josel Expedition has found the ruins of a Patrian citadel. Deciding that it would make a good base camp for from home, the rebuilt the ruined walls and left a Garrison Commander to hold the fort. the Activity in the fort came to the attention of a village of starving peasants who came to the party for food. They were given supplies and directed to travel to Bannor Lands to work for their food.

These are sad lands we live in. The Scouting party entered the small village of foxford.
    For a full account of the happenings before our Arrival, refer to our archives: HERE

To the north west of the Village of foxford, now werewolf free as of Josel's departure, there was a small temple, which, according to the villagers, digs deep into the ground, and is inhabited by evil. We will Purge it.

Upon thier arrival at the dungeon, The Josel expedition found a small and wounded party of explorers. They were summarily conscripted, and thier store of weapons, which are finer than those the scouts had, was added to Bannor stocks.

Farther to the east, we find a curious people, led by a boyking. They seem friendly enough, but... something rings not true about that boy. Something about the dragon fetish he seems to have. However, if he is a just ally, we will tolerate his oddities.

6. lumpthing

lumpthing generic lump

What are you using that lists the civ names instead of their leaders' names?

7. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Both FF and RifE do that, although it's broken in the current FF version (Simple fix, if you can find the file anymore; I lost the link).

Jean Elcard (FlavourMod2, FF) is the one who got State Names working for FF. ;)

8. lumpthing

lumpthing generic lump

It's wonderful. I wish it were in Wild Mana

9. Valkrionn

Far more names than shown in the screens; The state name depends on your civics, number of cities, religion, civ, even the sex of the leader. ;)

10. lumpthing

lumpthing generic lump

(salivating)

(sorry for hijacking this thread btw)

11. Ekolite

Ekolite The Mighty Jungle

Hey thomas what's that blue grass in the sea? Nice story by the way. :)

It would be nice if someone could make the dynamic civ names a seperate modmod for us vanilla purists by the way.

12. Valkrionn

That would be Kelp. With FoL, it becomes Kelp Forest (Reddish color, stolen from Planetfall).

13. thomas.berubeg

Damn, I'm an Idiot. apparently, I DIDN"T save before closing this game... Well, I had fun writting this up, and will probably do another soon. who should I play as? (using either RiFE or LENA)

14. Dean_the_Young

Dean_the_Young Chieftain

As a Challenge?

Order Sheaim.

As a different sort of challenge? Well didn't you say you would put more time back into a certain RPG?

15. thomas.berubeg

yes to both. Will do.

Thomas