1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Team 3 Lounge

Discussion in 'Team SANCTA' started by General_W, Nov 11, 2008.

1. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

Welcome to the Team 3 Member's Lounge!

Please say hi - introduce yourself - and generally chat about whatever.
    It's get-to-know each other time! :)

Please feel free to discuss whatever here, but for you first post - please offer the following information:

1. Interest/Activity level (High, Medium, Low, Mostly Lurking)
    2. Skill level in Civ4
    3. Experience with Multiplayer?
    4. Experience with an MTDG?
    5. Desired role on Team 3

This will help us get to know what kind of skill sets and interest levels we have on this team.
    :salute:

2. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

I'll go first! :)

1. Interest/Activity level: High. I love the MTDG format, and am really looking forward to this game :thumbsup:
    2. Skill level in Civ4 Average. I'm not a great player - but I do pretty well. Learned a ton from the first MTDG.
    3. Experience with Multiplayer? A fair amount. In addittion to participating in every MTDG, I've done several LAN parties with my friends, and a large number of private PBEM games.
    4. Experience with an MTDG? I've been here for every one of them. I was on the winning team in the first MTDG (Civ3) on the winning team in the first Civ4 MTDG, and am on a team that has at least a 1 in 3 chance at winning the 2nd Civ3 MTDG. Now that I'm here - my plan is to have 4 winning MTDG teams! [party] Go Team 3!!
    5. Desired role on Team 3 I've got a lot of experience in diplomacy and am happy to help out there. Also willing to serve a more internal role of team historian / making fun content like newpapers and videos. If pushed, would be willing to serve as turnplayer.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

To victory! :beer:

3. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

1. Interest/Activity level (High, Medium, Low, Mostly Lurking) Medium? Idk, my ability to commit time is going to be fluctuating rapidly, espcially as finals approach, christmas break comes, etc, etc....
    2. Skill level in Civ4-- Prince/Monarch
    3. Experience with Multiplayer?-- minimal
    4. Experience with an MTDG?- I read the forums of past games, does that count? ;)
    5. Desired role on Team 3-- If it's really needed I should be able to play, although I don't know how well my school's network will like civ4... In any case though, something useful.

4. Kylearan

Kylearan compound eye

1. Interest/Activity level: oscillating between "mostly lurking" and "medium", depending on spare time and whether the game situation will interest me ;)
    2. Skill level in Civ4: I used to be a fairly good player in Vanilla civ, but would consider me only average on BtS (lack of experience + rustiness)
    3. Experience with Multiplayer? Only the last MTDG, plus the current Apolyton one
    4. Experience with an MTDG? See above
    5. Desired role on Team 3: Not sure exactly (see point 1...). If I have the time, I'd like to do early foreign intelligence, inspired by what mostly_harmless managed to do in our Apolyton game. I guess he won't have the time to do the same here... ;)

-Kylearan

5. Viva_Chingon

Viva_Chingon Condition 1

Hi everyone, great idea GDub. You did a great job over at Epsilon...looking forward to seeing some more great work coming out.

1. Interest/Activity level: High.
    2. Skill level in Civ4: Average (for CivFans)
    3. Experience with Multiplayer: Little, LAN games only
    4. Experience with an MTDG: None, reviewed CIV4 MTDG Private Forums for an idea of flow and whatnot...looks very interesting.
    5. Desired role on Team 3: Internal Organization and/or Military Affairs.

6. Theoden

Theoden Chieftain GOTM Staff

1. Interest/Activity level: Fluctuating between low and high depending on available free time, and as such I'd like to get involved with just about anything else than being turnplayer. :)
    2. Skill level in Civ4 Probably above average, though I'm not so good with BtS as I am with vanilla.
    3. Experience with Multiplayer? civ3 mtdg1, civ4 mtdg1, a single pitboss game and a couple of PBEM's.
    4. Experience with an MTDG? participated fairly actively in civ3 mtdg1 and was the head diplomat of my team for the most of the civ4 mtdg1 game.
    5. Desired role on Team 3 I think I've got a fair grasp of diplomacy so I can certainly help out there. I'm also willing to do some of less serious stuff such as official newspapers/propaganda. Other than that, I'll probably be a general nuisance with my very mathematical approach to the game and micromanagement in particular. :p

7. Viva_Chingon

Viva_Chingon Condition 1

Damn, by the way...that's a really nice lounge we got. Wouldn't it be cool if our lounge picture actually reflected what our lounge might look like in the era we're in?

Ex: Here

8. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

1. Interest/Activity level: High, glad this is going again :)
    2. Skill level in Civ4: Monarch
    3. Experience with Multiplayer?: Fairly experienced, though not with pitboss
    4. Experience with an MTDG?: Was a turnplayer (admittedly bad one) in the last game
    5. Desired role on Team 3: help in anyway i can and in an emergency i can be a turnplayer.

9. mostly-harmless

mostly-harmless Chieftain

1. Interest/Activity level: medium, this might change as I have yet to decide whether I like the slow pace this game is set on.
    2. Skill level in Civ4: Average
    3. Experience with Multiplayer? Limited
    4. Experience with an MTDG? Pretty active in the current Apolyton Demo game
    5. Desired role on Team 3: Teaming up with Kylearan in the foreign intelligence department.

mh

10. remake20

remake20 :)

1. Interest/Activity level High
    2. Skill level in Civ4 Don't play 4 so I couldn't tell you
    3. Experience with Multiplayer? I need a little more detail on this question before I can answer it. If your just seeing if I've played multiplayer then yes
    4. Experience with an MTDG? Yes, Civ 3 MTDG 2 team Free
    5. Desired role on Team 3 Military Adviser or just helper

11. Sullla

Sullla Patrician Roman Dictator

Well, one thing's for sure: Team Three is currently leading in the "Best Lounge" competition by a wide margin. :lol:

12. remake20

remake20 :)

:lol: haha

13. civplayah

civplayah fronter

civplayah:

Interest: High
    Skill: Noble, although I'm willing to play on higher
    No Multiplayer Experience, but I do have DGame and NES experience.
    I was lurking with Epsilon for about a month, very late, in the game.
    Cultural advisor. (I'm also willing to TP if no one else is).

14. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

1. Interest/Activity level: High...Epsilon never missed a turn :)
    2. Skill level in Civ4: haha
    3. Experience with Multiplayer?: Extremely
    4. Experience with an MTDG?: Was the most reliable turn player of any team
    5. Desired role on Team 3: Turn player, but i don't have be.

15. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

1. Interest/Activity level: High with spots where I wont' be around
    2. Skill level in Civ4: some - only have vanilla, though
    3. Experience with Multiplayer?: Just Civ III MTDG
    4. Experience with an MTDG?: See #3
    5. Desired role on Team 3: Can't open the save, so general team member is good for me :)

16. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

Interest/Activity level - Likely medium-high, until some point where I just get bored of Civ again and disappear indefinately.
    Skill level in Civ4 - Monarch.
    Experience with Multiplayer? - Played quite a lot of Pitboss games, with reasonable succes in most.
    Experience with an MTDG? - Have participated in all 3, not always active.
    Desired role on Team 3 - Forum spammer. :lol:

17. Viva_Chingon

Viva_Chingon Condition 1

According to Sullla's recent posts we are, apparently, ahead of the curve of the other teams insofar as Organization and Initiative. Maybe we're not supposed to know that, but we do. Kick ass!

Aside from that, the main reason I bring this up is because I want to caution everyone from reading too much into Sullla's interjection into our team discussion. He is making our map and I'm sure he'll play everyone fairly...but we shouldn't assume anything (even like the above statement). He could very well be trying to play his own little game in his own little world. Just want to make sure that he doesn't end up playing any mind games or anything on us.

And, as a note to Sullla; IMO you've slipped up and told us something that we otherwise would not have known through normal means. I just want to make sure you don't accidentally post to the wrong forum in the future and let some sensitive information slip that way! I'm SURE your information security will increase after Game Start! :)

18. Sullla

Sullla Patrician Roman Dictator

I've told you nothing other than the fact that pre-made threads already existed on game and map settings in your team forum. If you think that's going to make any kind of difference in Team 3 winning the game, you've got some rough surprises ahead of you. :lol:

Speaking seriously, I take the role of sponsoring one of these games very much to heart. I've been in this same position with the events that we run at Realms Beyond many times before, so there's little temptation to try and spoil things or leak out hidden info. Once the game actually starts, don't expect to hear much of anything from me - although I do plan on lurking all of the team forums. ;)

19. Viva_Chingon

Viva_Chingon Condition 1

Right on...I was kinda playing around anyway.

20. Kylearan

Kylearan compound eye

Hi,

in support of Sulla, I have to say he's very experienced in running tournaments, and our main rule for the RB events he experienced both as player and organizer has always been "No Spoiler!". I'm 100% sure he won't accidentally let something slip we aren't supposed to know - we RBers all have lots of years of training on that issue. :lol:

-Kylearan