1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Temple of Furuyama

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: RPG' started by Octavian X, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Far from the loud city streets of the capitol, Fanatikku, perched on the side of a mountain near the quiet village of Furuyama, lies the Temple of the same name. Since it lies three day's journey from the Emperor's Palace of foot, the Temple is far from the strains of every day life.

This is, of course, the intent. Half of the complex itself is an ancient temple, and many myths involving it and the creation of the world flow among the nations of earth. Only those dedicated enough do come to visit the holy ground. The grounds are kept by and elderly man named Octavian V, who is not known for his physical prowess, but for his wisdom
    (OOC: Sorry, I couldn't resist :p)

Of course, it would be rather silly just to visit for the temple. In fact, in some aspects, the title of 'Temple' isn't a very good one. The other half of the templar complex is given over to a resort, known as a great place for general rest and relaxation. Hot springs exist in the area, and the temple uses them to create spas with what many claim are theraputic powers. An comfortable inn is kept here, as well as a well-stocked tavern and restaurant. Many an important figure stops by often to get away from it all.

Well, I thought I had better do something for this game. :) Drop by, converse with your fellows, and otherwise try to get away from it all. Develop a storyline or something if you want, or have your characters drop by from somewhere else. Foremost, though, have fun. :goodjob:

2. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Ah may i book an appointment with any massage girls you may have? i need to get limbered up for the tournament which is fast approaching. :D

3. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

Hmmm a temple with massage girls... This is the best religion ever!

4. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

SaaMsan sends a messanger to the Temple. The name of the messanger is not important to the story, but his message is.
    "I bring word from SaaMsan." he states, after running from the tent on the field. "Lemme just remember it word for word." He pauses, thinks, and agrivates the man who got stuck listening to him "Okay. He wanted something about a massage and a bath, or something in between the two of them. Can you do that?" He waited for the response.

5. Octavian X

Yes, the temple also offers massage treatments that will help any ailment of the spine that you might have. Our massagers (both women and men) work round-the-clock to ensure that everyone who drops by is in tip-top shape.

We can easily set appointments for BCLG-san and SaaM-san for tomorrow, if both so desire. :D

6. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Ankka has just recently heard of the new Temple in Furuyama, and decides to give it a test. He also heard that there where baths and massage services, and so, after a nice breakfast one day, leaves home and starts the journey to the Temple of furuyama.

*3 days later*

Ankka finally reaches the temple, and sees that it is beautiful and really more like a piece of art than a building. He goes to ask for a massage and bath time, and wonders if it would be possible to get some kind of a sleeping place to stay here a little longer, the three - day trip has worn him out totally.

7. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

yes i would like to book an appointment many times during the tournament :D

8. Octavian X

I am glad, Ankka-san, that you are enjoying your stay. If you get hungry, especially after your trip, I can have a nice full breakfast sent to your room.

BCLG-san, we can arrange transport for you as well on a horse-drawn carriage to and from the games. Of course, the technology is very new, so while it may be a fast ride, it will be a rough one...

9. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

"Breakfast in the bedroom? Now that's cool! I think I'll try it out... my mom never let me eat in the bed, because there would be crumbs all around, she said... But now I'm a big guy, and I'll do it!" thinks Ankka.

10. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

could i have a 'massage' along the way, that way i wont be too bothered.

OOC @Ankka what a great story :p ;)

11. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

OOC:
    Something wrong in it? I'm just keeping this from getting too serious. ;) :p

Like this would anyway... ;)

12. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

We need some more funny thread, type things :D

13. Stuck_as_a_Mac

SaaMsan actually gets out of the tent and works his way down to the Temple.
    "Greetings Octavian V. I have heard many, many good things about this establishment. I have come to claim my, shall I say, 'reservation' now."
    Octavian V looks at the man who singlehandedly organized the protest of the Tournament. "Wait a moment, sir. Isn't the tournament still going on?"
    "Yes" replies SaaMsan, "but I'm in politics, and affairs of state tend to become secondary to affairs."
    "You have a point there." remarked Octavian V
    As he continued walking, SaaMsan became more impressed by this establishment. "Right then. I need a massage. Take me to the tower. I'll be down in a few days. Hold my calls, take any messages for me and only disturb me if two or more interns are killed."

So SaaMsan has locked himself away in a tower with some "Massage Therapists". Politics....

Now whats gonna happen? Will 2 or more interns be slayed? And what about the chorus line?

14. Octavian X

The chorus line, looking rather excited, almost starts to sing, but is hurried rushed away by Octavian V.
    "Now really, do you have to sing here? We've got some monks in from Rome who need lots of quiet..."
    The line exits, each and every one looking sad.

------------------------

SaaM-san, I hate to bother you, but I do have a call waiting for you. The question is: what do I hold it on? If we had some sort of technology that would allow people to have voice-to-voice communication along long distances, and another to put them on hold when they try to call about something important...

15. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Ankka wakes up on the first morning in the Temple, and feels greatly refreshed from a nice sleep in a soft bed in a clean and tidy room.

He decides to do what he planned, and orders some breakfast and eats in bed. Ahh... nice sausages, some cool wheat- bread, from the great wheat mines near Fanatikku, and some fruit juice, ordered from the Omotesando. Lemon is his favorite. Or was, until he found out you can mix different juices. Like Lemon - grape and grape - lemon.

After the nice breakfast Ankka goes to have a little walk in the temple's grounds... he sees all kinds of cool animals and birds there, and some people too.

He decides to give the massage services a test, wondering if they really are as good as the people keep telling.

He slowly wanders to the reception to book a massage time. He gets one, and a beautiful massage girl is waiting...

16. Stuck_as_a_Mac

SaaMsan yells from up in the tower. "Hold the messages! Only if two or more are dead! I'm busy right now!"
    SaaMsan is still in the tower. Anyone going to help the 14 inters and/or chorus line members?

17. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

sigh "i dont think anybody here is going to be too bothered about some interns unless there are some women in there," BCLG says
    "there are, from what i remember at least 2, some of them arnt too bright though" replies SaaMsan
    at this BCLG leaves the chariot girls where they are and sets of in help of the interns,
    "By not bright, i mean the mental capacity of a goldfish" mutters SaaMsan as BCLG leaves, "Oh well back to my ladies" and as he enters his tower a huge chorus of giggling greets him.

18. Octavian X

Another knock is heard on SaaM's door, much to the occupant's irritation.

"I am sorry to bother you again, sir," came the Temple Keeper's voice. "But I've got a group of 14 people here to see you, all of whom claim that they are most definetly not interns. I must report, though, that one of your party managed to somehow get his head stuck in a rather small fishbowl as he tried to prove he was greater, intellectually, than a goldfish..."

19. Stuck_as_a_Mac

SaaMsan hears of the man with the fishbowl head. He has to see this. Besides, he's been here for a few days and got what he needed done.
    "Alright, lemme see whats wrong... grah!"
    With this, SaaMsan is gagged and bound, and a big fishbowl is put on his head while his interns line dance. He is then dragged somewhere, but he can't see where he's going, as he's got a friggin fish bowl on his head.

20. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

BCLG approaches the tower and after meeting with octavian finds out all about the fish bowl experience, He notices a trail of water that leads over some steps and down towards the forest. the trail of water ends there, he does however notice a trail of 12 footprints and ball shape, either an elephant came this way or 13 people one with a fishbowl on his head BCLG mutters to himself.

BCLG hurries back to get Ankka barges in the door then goes back out again, it seems Ankka was enjoying the delicacies of this part of our nation.
    "could you get a move on! SaaMsan has been taken!" Shouts BCLG
    "err give me a few minutes, better make it an hour, actually i'll just catch up with you tommorrow or something" gasps Ankka back
    "Right" mutters BCLG

So he runs back down the path towards the forest, suddenly a loud POP can be heard, he quickly follows to the scene, theres a camp fire in the distance. BCLG stealthily approaches, breaking only 9 twigs 3 branches and stepping on 4 rabbits along the way. By this time even the most ******** people could fail to notice.

So the interns carried on sitting round their fire warming themselves up. Where was SaaMsan, BCLG wondered it was awhile until he noticed a chair facing the other way, infront of it was slumped SaaMsan, BCLG wandered round until he could see the face of SaaMsan's assailant, when he lookd he could barely believe his eyes, it was none other than the temple keeper, Octavian V