• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[TOT] The Test Of Time Patch Project

Civ2ToTpp allows for both one city file per map (from n°0 to n°3) and one city file per tribe (from n°0 to n°7), or both at the same time.

As for unit Types, I guess there's room for doing something with sprites.
At the moment, one can use added unit slot (raised to 189) to "copy" some of the initial 50 unitTypes...

I'm afraid I don't understand. So you mean to say, the thing I want to do with the cities, akin to CIV III or CIV V, it is not possible?

since terrain1 & 2 are for map 1, @overlays works as intended.

Since terrain3 & 4 are for map 2 (files copied and edited work fine in regular game as single map), @overlays1 is for map 2 so you are you saying that maybe in terrain 3 one of the colors of the base terrain might be causing the issue?

Since the terrain files were just copied/edited the overlays just copied and pasted as well (@overlays/@overlays1) so I am not understanding how that could be causing it
That's the most comon issue indeed.

Could you attach your 5 files please ?
“Civ2ToTpp allows for both one city file per map (from n°0 to n°3) and one city file per tribe (from n°0 to n°7), or both at the same time.”. Are you saying there can be a cities1 file for the second map? Or can you point me where to read this info because having separate cities for tribes sounds interesting
Here it is :

exemple.png

I have the rules, terrain 1-4 in here. It freezes with the allowed terrain per map 16, 16 but loads with 16, 11 but then the overlays are all jacked. Thanks for taking a look.

Attachments

• Ext Gm.zip
    710.8 KB · Views: 4
So under @COSMIC2 I would add

CitySpritesPerTribe, 0 (change this to 1 if I wanted to enable tribe specific cities?)
CitySpritesPerMap, 1

Then make a file called CITIESM0 for the first map, CITIESM1 for the second map? and so on from 0-3 if i had more maps?

Then make CITIEST0-7 for specific tribe cities if on single map, CITIESM0T0 etc for multimap?

Last edited:
So under @COSMIC2 I would add

CitySpritesPerTribe, 0 (change this to 1 if I wanted to enable tribe specific cities?)
CitySpritesPerMap, 1

Then make a file called CITIESM0 for the first map, CITIESM1 for the second map? and so on from 0-3 if i had more maps?

Then make CITIEST0-7 for specific tribe cities if on single map, CITIESM0T0 etc for multimap?
Should be that yes.
Haven't tested it yet :D

I have the rules, terrain 1-4 in here. It freezes with the allowed terrain per map 16, 16 but loads with 16, 11 but then the overlays are all jacked. Thanks for taking a look.
First, for freezes and crashes, please begin with that :
exemple2.png

Then try again please.

Last overlay (thus rivers and seas) seems correctly defined

Genius! That fixed the issue. Not sure how I did not catch that. Appreciate the help. Im sure Ill be back with more issues as I continue to mod the game. Hats off to you my friend

Are there any specific units that must remain in their original slots on the units file?

I am trying to organize all the units I am using to make it easier for me to balance them. I would assume settler, engineer, caravan, freight, diplomat, and spy are all hard coded and must remain in their original slots in the unit file. Is this correct or are there more/less? I understand moving units around will throw my description file out of whack but that is an easy fix as I will already have a lot of units to add to it and will require me to completely change up the order in a few other spots in the rules.

I am trying to organize all the units I am using to make it easier for me to balance them. I would assume settler, engineer, caravan, freight, diplomat, and spy are all hard coded and must remain in their original slots in the unit file. Is this correct or are there more/less
Those are more ;).

Settlers is hard coded as beeing gifted as a beginning unit. Otherwise most other slot may be used for settlers.
Caravan can be set to any slot.
Diplomat slot is important as the barbarian uses this unitType as the barbarian leader (with graphic used the one after the last unit ones)

For the "more" to look into, most of it can be seen on the scenario league wiki ;)

Top Bottom