The theme tune for BtS - better than Warlords please? XD

I think Risk II did the 1812 Overture, though.

As for the Warlords music, I'm not sure if the language is actual Arabic or fake Arabic, and that pisses me off. On one hand, it does sound like Arabic, but on the other, I speak Arabic and I don't recognize any of the words. True, it could be in a weird dialect from the Moroccan desert that I've never heard of, but my Arabic prof tells me that in any given dialect, 50-75% of the words are the same as or very close to the Modern Standard or [wiki]Classical Arabic[/wiki].

I rather liked Baba Yetu, and I think a "modernized" version (electronic additions, etc), would be perfect for BtS.

I didn't know that but still it somehow fits in with an epic modern scale to me. I like the idea of a full orchestral tune but that is just me. It fits but I don't know for others. Maybe others could throw out some other suggestions for good theme tunes for BTS?

I didn't know that but still it somehow fits in with an epic modern scale to me. I like the idea of a full orchestral tune but that is just me. It fits but I don't know for others. Maybe others could throw out some other suggestions for good theme tunes for BTS?

I think the first mvmt of Beethoven's Eroica (is that the 3rd symphony can never remember?) would fit nicely. I suppose it depends upon the intro movie that goes with it. Aaron Copeland's "Fanfare For The Common Man" is another more modern idea....the choice really is endless.I doubt though, that they'll go with anything even remotely famous..I don't really envy whoever gets to choose.

Warlords theme isn't that bad. It starts a bit slow though. And no more baba yetu please

My opinion is the complete reverse. I want "Baba Yetu" back, and no more of that horrible song and that leering orc chieftain from "Warlords".

Maybe to fit the new Corporations, they should use "Money".

Money....it's a gas....don't give me that do goodie good b*****.

let's steal rhye's idea and make the theme song shine on you crazy diamond!

Seriously, it can't get more horrible than Baba Yetu.

Luckily, it can easily be replaced by merely copy-paste-and-renaming your favourite tune in mp3 format. :goodjob:

Seriously, it can't get more horrible than Baba Yetu.

Luckily, it can easily be replaced by merely copy-paste-and-renaming your favourite tune in mp3 format. :goodjob:

I like Babu Yetu, I listen to it all then time. It makes me think about the great things history has achieve.

Maybe others could throw out some other suggestions for good theme tunes for BTS?

i just thoght, how about one of Beethoven's works? perhaps one of his concertos and sonatas, maybe the moonlight sonata?

If you ask me, Firaxis is using exotic music for each of the expansions. Civ Vanilla had African music, Warlords had Arabian music, so I'd expect Chinese, Indian, or North European folk. But then, considering the "post-sword" timeline of BtS, we might get European Classical or other post-medieval music.

The Blue Danube might work, especially if we go back to the Earth screen. It'll feel like 2001: A Space Odyssey. :D

Maybe BtS, coz it's modern-focused, would have some epic militaristic orchestral piece, maybe with accompanying symphonic guitar stuff (you know...like halo 2, or MGS)...or at least just the "epic militaristic orchestral" bit. Just not "jub jub" please. XD
I want metallica...

On a more serious note, Adagio for Strings - Samuel Barber would be cool, its has a spacy/future/apocalispe type feel to it. It was used in homeworld as the music during the destruction of karak to good effect.

I found Swahili to be a strange language to sing the Lord's prayer. It's far from a simple language. And the places that speak that language is by far NOT the most primitive place in Africa, nor is it the cradle of civilization. It's a language that most American and European players don't know. Oh well - it's like the cartoon Atlantas - an exact rip-off from Laputa, speaking Indonesian (Java), the official language of the largest Muslim country in the world, and tried to get away with it.

The Warlords one took a while for me to figure out, but yes, I could feel it wasn't a war-song even the first time I listened to it. But to pick a love song... haha, "all is fair in love and war". Someone realised that the Civ community of gamers aren't simpletons, and that warlords games would be bloody.

BTS... one must stretch their imagination, I guess. I'm hoping for new-age though. I'm a fan of new age romantic-style.

And what exactly is the difference between Arabic and Lebanese?

Well, I don't know! What's the difference between brits and yankees?

aren't Arabs the general term used for many Middle Eastern peoples? like Iraqis have marsh arabs, then they're the regular arabs, etc. etc.

but i think that Lebanese are descendants of the Phoenicians...

Top Bottom